Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Beach Diet Bandsters???

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I moved over the past week so hopefully now that it's all done I can check in more often. I weighed myself this morning and I lost another pound for a total of 51#. I am noticing that I see more of a difference in how my clothes fit instead of the scale moving. It get's discouraging at times but hey this is the most that I have ever been able to lose and I haven't had any real complications so I'm not complaining. In following South Beach I like that I can choose to eat fruit and good carbs, I think for me that it's pretty easy to follow, I still want my chocolate, that's a mental craving instead of a hunger craving. Still haven't got myself to exercise, I keep telling myself that when the weather gets nicer. I know excuses - excuses.:heh:

I actually need to restart. I went off and didn't get back on. I eat mostly South Beach but have had croutons in my salad and some small quantities of rice. I gained 2 pounds and I am pretty sure it is Water, but if I don't show is off tomorrow, I am restarting for sure!!!

Now who is with me???

Happy Easter to everyone. Haven't been on for awhile, hope everyone is doing good. I have lost 6# in the last month so I hope this means I'm back to losing again. Well hope to hear from you soon and wondering how everone else is doing.

I go for my 2nd fill tomorrow and I really hope that makes a difference. I have been banded for over 3 months now but haven't lost anything the last 2 months. This fill better do something!

It's productive burp. It's when food gets stuck and basically you either throw up, or you burp and food comes with it. It's horrible when food gets stuck. It's painful. I don't even get why it happens. I thought the food was supposed to stay in "the pouch" and not go through the band, but sometimes my first bite I have something get stuck. I HATE it. It teaches you to really chew very well, and wait to you see how it goes down before taking the next bite.

Hi,

I am refocusing and using the South Beach principles to help me get back on track. I know it is essentially how I should be eating on a regular basis. I had gotten into the habit of eating "soft" foods as well as chips and crap that would go down easily. That would explain the 3 month plateau I am on. I was thinking of getting a fill, but I am going to give this a go instead. I want to see if Phase 1 will get me "detoxed" and refocused.

Anyone else out there want to do the same???

I do basically eat the south beach way. The only carbs I have is a little bit of fruit. I am still not losing. I am going to get another fill.

Hi Denise,

I am sorry you are still not losing. That is frustrating. I am really hoping that this will be what jumpstarts my weightloss. I have not been eating very well the past few months and developed some terrible habits like my every other day potato chips and nightly peppermint patties.

I hope you find what works for you. Keep me posted!

i just started also, i've done south beach in the past and it helped with my cravings. i have also been on a 3 month plataue, and it's all because of my eating, soft food, junk food. i gain and lose the same 5# and it is so aggravating. does anyone remember how long it takes you to start losing? I can't remember. nilsa shrimp is low in carbs and so is chicken.< /p>

Linadu,

I have been doing SB for a week and after battling the same 3 lbs since April, I am now down about 7 pounds. IN A WEEK!!!!

Let me know how it goes. I am really excited and glad I am sticking with this.