Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Washington State Usa

I am in Bellingham...5 years post op and stuck...345 down to 250. I have a 16 month old who had nutritional problems due to my surgery. I am looking for a support partner because i was left in the dark after the surgery.

I live in Seattle but would love to help if I can. I am almost a year post-op and down 80 lbs still have 20 to go and often feel stuck. You are down nearly 100 lbs what a victory!!

Thank you....I went to a support group the other night but all we did was share our weight loss story and try samples...this group meets once a month. I am looking for help....do you feel like you have a good support team and the information you need for success?

Thank you....I went to a support group the other night but all we did was share our weight loss story and try samples...this group meets once a month. I am looking for help....do you feel like you have a good support team and the information you need for success?

I feel that my family has been supportive and the nutritionist. My schedule has made it difficult for me to attend a regular support group I have gone a few times. I have found Weight Watchers to be supportive n years past depending on the group. We just have to find the person or group that can answer our questions when necessary and give us encouragemnt when we start heading the wrong direction. This is a long-term life long struggle that we may never totally feel free from. I have come to realize over this year that most of my struggles are between my ears now that I cannot eat as much and I have had to really look for ways to ease boredom, express anger, sorrow or Celebrate outside of food. Exercise is very important to me and I get up early every morning and go to the gym. Actually I was doing this prior to surgery as a gift to myself and once I got into for awhile I miss it when I can't. When my children were small it was more difficult, but it is important to your overall healing and wellbeing to find ways to move more when you are experiencing eating desires. This is a way of support for yourself. We moms sometimes caretake everyone else but ourselves!

Where did you have your surgery?

Hello. I live on kitsap peninsula.

Washington State Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

Support groups are very important to weight loss surgery success. They can help you flourish on your journey to complete wellness. This group is welcome to pre- and post-surgical patients of all surgery types. This an opportunity to meet others who are on the same path, educate and support each other through sharing ideas and tips, social & fitness activities and educational speakers.

Together we have a wealth of information and using support groups as a tool along with your surgery you can increase your success in achieving maintenance and overall wellbeing.

Join us and get inspired!

WHERE: Lyons Den Café

WHEN: Sunday, November 16, 2014

10415 Beardslee Blvd, Bothell, WA 98011
(425) 892-8954

TIME: 3:00 PM

Finally, it is happening for the Seattle and the outlying areas! Please pass this information to anyone you think would be interested in attending this initial meeting. For questions, contact hosts Kay Feather at kayfeather304@gmail.com or Michelle L. at lotus_mimi@yahoo.com

If you are unable to make this meeting but are interested in staying in touch about future meetings, please contact us.

I live in Gig Harbor. If you want we could car pool.

I started this so long ago and then and then things got crazy and out of hand and then I forgot about it!

I had surgery in Dec.2011.

It seemed like every time a doc said lets run some routine tests, they found something new to scare the crap out of me!

Hysterectomy was the best move ever! I don't regret that at all, then I lost 2 toe nails and they found a lump in my neck that had to come out and is was benign, but then they found the skin cancer on my nose and dug that out.

I can tell you that 2 weeks before my surgery I received a notice for a mammogram,,,,, oh hell no! That had to wait!

Surgery did not go as planed, I had it at the U.W. and agreed to let a student assist,,,,, at the end when they put the saline in and listen for leaks, yep you guessed it I had one and it was in the very back of my pouch so they opened me up and spread my ribs( that hurt for days!) and went in and fixed it! 2 days in I.C.U. and then 3 days in my room and I went home!

I had stricture from the start and a lump on the right side of incision, the M.A. kept saying lets just monitor it until next time. Well next time came and went and I Feb.2012 for my 50th birthday my doc said it's colonoscopy time! Umm ok, well the for that removed the stricture! And that was fine nothing to worry about, I didn't need to go in for another until this next birthday!

Back to the lump which was causing pain in my belly button, turns out that my stitching had ALL come undone and I had 7 hernias that needed repairing!

I did end up having the mammogram and was told that I have a mass, it is benign!

Aside from some potassium issues from double hip replacement( pre RNY) I am now doing great!

I try my best not to let the Fibromyalgia and Neuropathy get me down to much.

I am a slow loser and I am fine with that!

Never give up and keep moving!

This is an amazing journey and life is good and full of wonder when you feel this great!

Where you thinking of having the meeting?

I was thinking of carpooling to head up to Bothell, if you are interested. I would love to meet everyone up there.

Also I know there are many of us who are located in the Tacoma area and east/west/south of that area. I mentioned, during my support group meeting at St. Claire's last night, the possibility of starting a coffee group in the Lakewood/Tacoma area. I got 20+ email addresses from those that would like to meet down here! Everyone was very excited and loved the idea. If anyone reading this post is interested in meeting down here also, send me your email and I will add you to the group email notices. All are welcome! My email address is jjvailrr32@yahoo.com. Let me know times and days that work best for you. I hope to migrate the coffee group into many other activities such as hikes, museum tours etc. Anything outside of restaurant and bar gatherings. Ha. I want to focus on our NEW lifestyles. And look forward to meeting and making new lasting friendships.

I think there is definitely a need for north and south support. No one really likes driving that far. The north meeting group is DEFINITELY into social activities. Or at least I am. After things are rolling maybe we can start a kickball tournament between the northenders and the southenders!! Lol :-)

Edited by MisforMimi

I think belonging to both groups is certainly an option. The more friends the merrier is my motto! But I agree some do not have the time available to drive long distances. Thus the need for a group up north and another in the southern area.

I think location was one of the factors holding people back in organizing an official meet-up. At least there is movement and folks can hook-up with others wanting face-to-face support and activities....all good things. I'm excited.

A support group in the Tacoma area would be great. And yes to playing kickball. . Have a great day and look out for traffic...