Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting back on the band wagon, I've been a bad, bad girl for so long!!!

Hi everyone,

I haven't been in here in over a year. I don't see any familiar faces or names.

I have checked back in today to see how everyone else has been doing. Boy there are alot of new members and that is great to see.

My lapband surgery was in May of 2004 and I had lost over 100 lbs. But some of it is back. I became ill in 2006 and had most of my fill removed. I had a abcess on my lung believed to be caused by aspiration into my lungs. We believe that my fill was too tight and that is what caused it.

Today I am going back to get a fill. I can't wait I miss that great feeling of being satisfied. I am scared a little but I think now that we know what can happen with a tight fill I will know what to watch for.

It is great to see many new members here. I was just was wondering if any of the old ones are still here. I would like to hear from them and know how they are all doing. So if you were banded around 2004 and a member and remember me. I would love to know how you are doing?

Getting back on the band wagon!!!

Athykay:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

well welcome back oviously I am new . and hope you dont mind for me to give you a nice welcome so to ask you if you can give the new bandies some advice of what you did to loose over 100 pounds . Your on your way to more health and welcome again

clau:clap2:

I became ill in 2006 and had most of my fill removed. I had a abcess on my lung believed to be caused by aspiration into my lungs. We believe that my fill was too tight and that is what caused it.

Athykay:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

How tight were you? And for how long? How does this condition happen?

Sorry for being so invasive. I just want to know what to look for in the future.

Hey, I'm an oldbie, got my band in June 2005. I too have lost 100lbs then stalled out. I spent the last six months FREAKING OUT over being just under 200lbs and it caused some bad behaviors. I also started seeing someone and we eat out a lot and that hasn't helped. I haven't gained anything, but I'm not losing either. I have about 40lbs to go and REALLY want goal.

So I too am back on the bandwagon and trying to exercise again and eat right. It's tough.

I guess I know now what I have to do to maintain....but I HAVE to get back on the losing end of things.

So I'm here to support you!

I was banded 7/29/05. I have no where near lost as much as others on this post, but I am once again lossing. Yeah! I am finally feeling restriction again. Best of luck.

Stories like this of stalling out and regaining weight scare the crap out of me. I can lose some weight - stall out - and then gain it back - without spending 16,000 on surgery. Also I can probably do without aspirating into my lungs....

I am not yet banded. Can those in this thread ahead of me tell me if they would still do it given the problams they are having?

I'm kind of an "oldie." I have been a member of LBT for almost 2 years. I do not though have as many posts as many of the other oldies. Welcome back! Good to see members return and say hello!

I'm a newbie, and like others that have posted.. seeing someone gain it back after being banded IS scarey........ but we all know that if we drink high calorie liquids and eat crap... it will come back.....

Thanks for posting, and please stick around to give us newbies a kick in the rear every now and again!

I am an oldie to the band but a newbie to the board. I totally know what you mean about the bad behaviors. I am still losing but very slowly. What did it feel like to be asperating into your lungs? I think I may be having some trouble with some acid reflux. (worried about the asperation thing for a while now) I don't remeber you from before but I would love to get to know you as you re-dedicate to your lapband. I am needing to start over my self. I have lost about 120 pounds and have at least 40-60 pounds to go. I have a feeling these are going to be the hardest to lose!

Mommy202~~~ I would do it again in a heart beat. I no longer need my Diabetes medications, or C-pap machine for sleep apnea. I can walk without getting winded and I have a ton more energy. Even if I never drop another lb. I am alot healthier now, then what I was at 327lbs. Best of luck to you in your journey!

Hey Kathy

I was a newbie the last time you were around - but I remember you.

I fought the insurance company - got my band and have lost 50 lbs including my pre-op diet.

Nice to see an "Old Timer" back for a visit. Good luck and congrats on getting your fill again.

Hugs!

Hi Kathy!

Glad to see you back and doing better! This oldie is still around!:(:D :D

Good Luck with your fill! Make sure to stick around now and visit with us!

I was banded June 9 05 also have lost 73 pounds had to get an unfill gained 8 due to vomiting severly now resolved just got a fill need to lose 40 more i will do this has been hard when I was unfilled all the bad habits came back lesson learned i am addicted to food need control the band gives and yes you gain weight back quickly even though i lost slowly it sucks but reality I really want to get off the last bit of weight good luck to us all on our journey to better lives.

Thanks for all the great post. It is nice to see some old faces and all of the new ones.

It is great to see that the band has touched so many lives.

As for my illness yes it was awful and it did really happen with out me realizing it. But would I do the band again? Yes in a heart beat, a New York minute you name it I would do it all over again. Only thing different I would have done is to have my surgery in the states. So I could have good aftercare. And a doctor I could rely on.

I have still managed to keep 50 of those pounds off. But heading back up makes me realize what a difference it makes. Moving, breathing, pain in the back, knees all of these things are what made me decide to do this in the first place.

I am only 48 years young and the weight makes me feel older than my years. I have 2 wonderful grandchildren that I love to spend time with. I want to be able to run, jump and play with them. I am not ready to roll over yet.

Tuesday I went for my first fill in about a year. But no luck, she said that my band seems to be pretty tight. Well why am I so darn hungry? She said she couldn't figure that out. But we are going to start from scratch. All of my fill is out now. I had 1.2 still in. When I became ill I was at about 2 she removed me down to about 1.5 back then and the 1.2 is what I have left now. She said that is pretty normal. I am on liquids for 9 days. Oh is that going to tough. But should kick my butt into losing. When I go back she is going to see how things look and we will go from there.

No matter what the end results of all of this is. I have been so thankful to have had the band. It has helped me in so many ways. And I just don't mean weight loss. My body has shrunk some but I have grown as a person. And I believe the whole process of being banded as made me realize many things in life. It may not be right for some people and thats ok. But for me it was.

Just a note to all the newbies and those that wanna be banded. You have to make this decision for yourself. No one can tell you it is right or wrong, we are all unique.

One of the reasons I quit coming around so often I must say is that I would read about someones problem and think that maybe that was happening to me. And with all that was going on with me I wasn't sure what the heck it was. Yes this site helps with all kinds of info but we have to know how to filter it out also.

So if you decided to do this for yourself, or you already have, find a Doctor close to you, that you can trust and that you can have follow up care with.

Wow didn't realize I was rattling on so much.

Anyways didn't get to add in my last post. Thanks to all of you for your post.

One day at a time!!!!!!!

Take care,

Kathy