Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post surgery Protein shake options

I, I am not sleeved yet, but my appt is Nov 25 in Mexico. I am currently using the Syntrix nectar Protein Shake, but my nutritionist said after surgery I will need to use a non muscle building Protein shake and I should consider buying theirs. 1- How do I know what is a muscle building protein shake and a non muscle building?

2- what brand did you guys use?

3- if your Canadian, what brand did you use?

Thanks guys!

Non muscle building? What's that mean? whey isolate is whey isolate right? I'm confused with what your NUT said.

i havent had my surgery yet but i have heard people say Isopure is a good one I also have read good reviews about Bariatric Choice having good reviews on their Protein shakes as well. I personally like the Bariatric Choice shakes from Bariatric choice. I enjoy the strawberry ones. But whos to say what will happen after surgery. Alot of people use the whey Protein by body fortress. Bariatric choice sales Isopure and their shakes...you can check them out. and their shakes are low Cal as well. I have ordered all my food and shakes from them. plus when you sign up and you use a referral code you get $20.00 off a $40.00 purchase. Ill copy the link below. Check em out I think you will like them.

https://www.bariatricchoice.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/107981/I

I dont know if you will need this but the referral code is : 8314537 check them out

I tried the Unjury sampler and they were good. But they are a little pricey. I went with another brand via the internet ( can't think of name now- bought through Amazon) They are whey isolate, same caloric content as Unjury, 23 grams of Protein per scoop and taste good. Bonus is the one dissolves MUCH better than Unjury. I think it is trial and error to find what works best for you. I too am not sure what your NUT meant by "non muscle building" Protein Shake? ?.

I, I am not sleeved yet, but my appt is Nov 25 in Mexico. I am currently using the Syntrix nectar Protein shake, but my nutritionist said after surgery I will need to use a non muscle building Protein Shake and I should consider buying theirs. 1- How do I know what is a muscle building Protein shake and a non muscle building?

2- what brand did you guys use?

3- if your Canadian, what brand did you use?

Thanks guys!

Your NUT might be talking about a product like I use called GNC AMP Wheybolic which is marketed along side of GNCs bodybuilding formulas. And it clearly says "not for weight loss use" (as do MANY other brands).

I wish I had the opportunity to ask your NUT how I managed to lose 80lbs in 4 months postop using my GNC AMP Wheybolic every morning.

My point here is I believe your NUT is trying to get you to buy her brand.

Apologies for the duplicate post.

This is the email, I know they want me to purchase their product for sure, I just wasn't sure what or if there is a difference. All this is very new to me. Hello xxx, I´m happy to receive all questions. We are here for you. For the pre-op Syntrix will be fine, the nutrient content is ok. If you feel too weak and not too often, add 1 cup of fruit to your shake. For the post-op you need to avoid muscle building shakes. Regarding the Vitamins, you may take any, just double the dosage. You could also use prenatal vitamins. Once at xxx you should purchase the Enspira post-op and some vitamins for at least 6 months, consider that in your finances. Take care, Lucia

So she is suggesting you buy Protein Shakes and multi-vitamins from their in-house store for six months? Seriously? I don't want to tell anyone else to not follow the guidance of their surgeon or nutritionist but I can tell you that I completely blew off the "suggestions" of my surgeon's practice to buy post-bariatric food and Vitamins from them. I'm perfectly capable of researching nutrients and making my own choices and don't need to further enrich my surgeon in that way.

By the way I looked at the nutrient profile for the Enspira protein/weight loss shakes and they are very similar to Syntrax Nectar -- in fact I think nectar is better - but cost about twice as much. If it were me, the only way I would buy the Enspira is if they flat out refused to perform the surgery on me unless I bought it. That's just me though.

I looked at what I bought and the names are Body Fortress and Six Star. One has 150 calories, .5 grams of fat and 30g Protein per scoop. The other is 150 calories, 1.5 g fat and 30g protein per scoop. I read all the additional nutritional information and they are pretty Vitamin packed. ( But my brain does not have storage space for all the numbers! LOL) I bought the big canisters of both and spent under $40. Anyway, that is my other two cents..I think the poster above is correct, sounds like they are trying to further profit from you.