Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair today gone tomorrow?

I have a question. I am noticing a few more hairs on my desk at work or on my clothes. When I shower I may only have about 10 -15 hairs that I lose. The other day though I had handful........I looked at my hand and was shocked at how many I was holding. The next 2 times that I showered I only had a few. Is this the pattern for Hair loss or is it a ton of every time you shower? I'm good with it either way it's gonna happen. I am 3 1/2 months out and have always gotten all my Protein in but it is what it is.

I started losing it by the handfuls around the same time then at around six months it has slowed down.

There are so many threads on Hair loss here. Just search the forums and youll find tons of stories. Bottom line is that you are at the time where most of us lost their hair, some more than others. Good news is that you wont go bald and it does come back :)

I have the same problem, I have lost a lot of hair. My bangs are see threw now LOL. I am taking Biotin that's in my multi called Natures Bounty you can get it at costco. Also bought Aveda thickening Shampoo and conditioner they also have a serum you can put on your scalp works real good. I am real close to going to a dermatologist, but they say it will stop and grow back so I am hoping.

I have a very good Shampoo and conditioner that my hair guy highly recommended. I was just wandering if it started full on with a lot of Hair loss or gradually witha few hairs here and there. I just can't figure out if I have started losing hair or not because most of the time I lose the normal amount and 1 day I had a good amount and since then normal. Maybe the shampoo is working.....I don't know!

I have a very good Shampoo and conditioner that my hair guy highly recommended. I was just wandering if it started full on with a lot of Hair loss or gradually witha few hairs here and there. I just can figure out if I have started losing hair or not because most of the time I lose the normal amount and 1 day I had a good amount and since then normal. Maybe the shampoo is working.....I don't know!

What kind of shampoo did he recommend? I already lose a lot because of the PCOS so not looking forward to losing more!

It's called Revita and it's for follicle revitilization. You can order it on Amazon. He swears by it and went to a weekend seminar on it. He has given it to other people with baldness and it has worked for them. He's a pretty knowledgeable person so I am using it. My hair is doing well with it. :)

I'm going to look it up, thanks!

I'm going to look it up, thanks!

It's cheaper on Amazon than in a salon. I had him order it for me but I will get if off Amazon next time. I wanted to be proactive to avoid massive amounts of loss that I keep reading. He said it is the best stuff that he has ever seen. He has owned his own shop for years.

I did the before thing also, still didn't help at 4 months. I lost and am still losing. I am hoping so they say at 6 months it stops and it will grow back, hope hope!!! After 6 months I am off to the dermatologist if I am still losing badly.

Aveda Thickening Shampoo and conditioner and serum is also very good. I have noticed it isn't falling out that much. Before I tried the organix with Biotin...eh not so good, I still lost my hair at 4 months.

I'm at 4 months, and chopped my hair off today. Didn't like how thin it was getting, so it seemed like the best option. My doc said not to waste money on the shampoos, just take the Biotin Vitamins and it will grow back thicker & better than before. I hope they are right!!

It's called Revita and it's for follicle revitilization. You can order it on Amazon. He swears by it and went to a weekend seminar on it. He has given it to other people with baldness and it has worked for them. He's a pretty knowledgeable person so I am using it. My hair is doing well with it. :)

I started losing hair a couple of years before my surgery. I was able to stop the Hair loss then with Revita Shampoo and conditioner. And by taking lots of Fish Oil. Revita is expensive, but worth every cent. The shampoo reduces the shedding; the conditioner thickens the hair and helps it regrow.

I am now 4 months post op and am just now noticing a few extra hairs in the shower drain and in my comb. But not bad. I credit the Revita and Fish Oil for reducing the hair loss.

I started losing hair a couple of years before my surgery. I was able to stop the Hair loss then with Revita Shampoo and conditioner. And by taking lots of Fish Oil. Revita is expensive, but worth every cent. The shampoo reduces the shedding; the conditioner thickens the hair and helps it regrow.

I am now 4 months post op and am just now noticing a few extra hairs in the shower drain and in my comb. But not bad. I credit the Revita and Fish Oil for reducing the hair loss.

I have noticed an immediate difference with the Revita. It is a little expensive, cheaper on Amazon but definitely worth the money. My hair guy recommended it to me and has had people on it for baldness and their hair grew back. I will continue to use it and I do use the fish oil as well. :)