Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im having a serious problem and wonder if anyone else has or heard of the same?

So about 5 wks out and haven't thrown up once, I thought I was just super lucky... But the last week or two I have been deadly nauseaus, it lasts for hours and I CAN'T get sick.

I'm talking sweats, head spinning from the feeling, mouth watering like someone turned on a faucet, hanging my head and nothing comes up. And I mean it when I say, I really need to get sick.

The most that happens is a tiny burp with a very small amount of liquid or food coming up and that does not make it better. even that takes tremendous effort on my part.

I've had this happen a dozen times, last time I even stuck half my hand down my throat and I just couldn't get sick.

I also had a hiatal hernia repaired in my espophogus while being sleeved. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it?

I never thought I'd want to throw up in my life, but now that I'm unable, I really wish I could!!

That's the foamies aka the slimies . . . most people get it after eating too fast or eating too much. So really, really cut back on the amount you eat in one sitting and on how fast you eat and see if that helps. They can also be caused by a food or supplement that disagrees with you. I got the slimies after taking a mineral supplement that my body apparently did not want.

Relief from slimies is usually either walking or lying down on your back and resting, depending on which makes you feel better. My surgeon's office says do NOT, under any circumstances, make yourself throw up. That can be very dangerous for sleeve patients. You just have to wait it out, then try to figure out what caused it so you can avoid doing it again. If it keeps happening, definitely get in touch with your surgeon's office for help figuring it out. Good luck to you!

I have that same problem. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired. I wake up everyday nauseous some days as the day goes on it gets better most days it doesn't. I haven't thrown up at all since surgery July 9th but sometimes try thinking it will help but nothing comes out. I spoke with my doctor about it and they said it is normal to feel like that for the first 3 months out of surgery. Wish I had more advice for you, I have just been counting down until the 3 months are up.

I've only had something like that happen once, and it was because I overate. I didn't really think that I had, but really looking at it... I did.

It was musaka at a Greek restaurant- eggplant, Tomato sauce, and ground beef. It went down easy, but sure made me feel sick!

I almost always weigh what I eat, but that doesn't work at a restaurant. I portioned off on my plate what I thought was reasonable, but forgot I that I had salad already.

For a comparison, since 5-6 months out from surgery, I've been trying to eat 4oz at Breakfast, and 5 oz at lunch and dinner.

I -can- have up to 7 or 8 oz of some foods, that are dense... like if I just really really really want Soup, because it is more liquid.

Weighing what I eat is very helpful to me. You should NEVER be sick after you eat unless you have food poisoning. Take a step back and really really really look at what you ate the times that it has happenned.

If it were me, I would speak to my surgeons office.

5 weeks out is early days... treat that sleeved tummy like a newborn baby. Be gentle, eat small quantities slowly, don't over eat. One reminder is that nerves were hurt during the surgery, you might not even "feel" the fullness but feel it as naseua.

"You just have to wait it out, then try to figure out what caused it so you can avoid doing it again."

Is good advice. It's the slimies. Along with overeating, sometimes a food will do this. SO try new foods one at a time, and if you have a problem, cut it out for a month or two. This WILL get better, but the slimies ain't no fun!