Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Tammy,

Pleased you are ok, and everything went well.

Good luck to all of you on Monday x

Have a great weekend

so what does anyone think about me trying some thinned out pureed butternut squash Soup. It certainly is no thicker than the Protein Shakes. I just need a bit of variety for my sanity.

Magnolia, I had some of that and it was pretty good, different but good. My dr. team said to thin it down good. I thinned mine with milk. Figured I needed the Protein. I made some potato soup today (no lumps, bits or pieces) Made it thin but it was YUMMY!! Hope I didn't eat too much. I think the liquids must pass on through. I made quite a bit and put it in the fridge for later. I have been thinning down any cream Soups.< /p>

Yea Tammy. I was glad to hear from you. Glad you are doing well. What is your post diet like? I am always curious, everyones is so different. Me two weeks of thin liquid only to start. Five days left of it. Woohoo!

ahhhh I under stand that on TracyKC I am going to a wedding memoral day weekend. I know I wont loose much before then. Going on a cruise with the DH's fam July 1st. I am a bride's maid in a wedding in Oct. and in wedding in August of 2008. So, the pressure is on lol. I dont even want to do anything lately. Tomorrow the DH and I have plans to go out with my friends where I grew up. I want them to come here instead cause i just dont want to do anything. With all this snow noone maybe going anywhere. Talk to you soon.

Susie

well I did it! banded on 3/14 9:30 a.m. stayed overnight at hospital and got home yesterday around 2pm slept like crap last night. I'm not so much using my liquid meds the dr prescribed for pain, using them to get some sleep!

I keep pulling my muscles in my port area. OUCH! that is by far the worst

having some tightness between my breasts when I inhale really deep and it takes me 5 minutes to blow my nose!

I don't think i've discovered what it feels like to be full with the band yet.

I'm having no swollowing problems. I can eat a whole popcycle and around 1/2 c of broth in 10 mins, but not at the same time. Just don't want to over do it.

But it doesn't feel like I have any restriction????

Gas pain in shoulder was terrible 1st night. It's been 4 days since my last solid food and now i'm getting abdominal gas.

Hope all the new March bandsters are doing well.

Hang in there everyone, the journey has just begun!

yippee I go to full liquids on Sun.

I tell you, waiting for that phone call to find out the surgery time is like chewing on glass. It was horrible! I hoped for a really early surgery. :( but found out it will be 12:45pm...now I just have to figure out how not to have any Water for over 12 hours. that's going to be hard because I'm a big water drinker. :)

I am glad to know the time finally but now the nerves are worse. I trust my doctor and am not worried about the surgery itself. I guess my biggest worries are if the anestheisiologist calls off the surgery, or the not-knowing about the after effects of the anesthesia. Never had it before...

My thoughts and prayers will be with all of you Monday bandsters!

Hey guys...gotta question. My surgery date is the 28th....I've been on a preop diet for 3 1/2 wks....and I've only dropped 8-10 lbs. ARRRGHHHH....the Dr. told me to lose 10-15 lbs. I'm following the diet, doing what he said but dang, what to do?! I know many of you didn't have a pre-op diet, but I'm really bummed about the lack of loss. Any incite would be appreciated.

Thanks,

A.

PS--oh...can you turn Isopur into popsicles? Thought I'd give it a try if you can. Thanks again.

Hi Gailannr. We were banded on the same day. How are you doing now? I am doing good. I have lost 18 lbs. in all, from pre-op til now. I am still on liquids, are you? I will be until next Wed. Then pureed and creamy foods for a week, then soft, then intro back to solids. I don't have any problem with the liquids, Soups ect. I am anxious to get to real food so I can actually feel the band work. It isn't designed to hold liquid so I can't tell anything at this point. Can you? Good luck.

Hi Sugarbear,

I meant to get back to you last night and I kept trying to catch up on the reading (it is addictive, I swear)! Then I started nodding off! Time to go to bed ya know!

I am doing well too. I was beginning to wonder for a while because they found that hernia to repair and I ended up having quite a bit of pain with that. I am mostly liquids but once and a while I sneak in some mushies like mashed potatoes. I had Montibello Mushroom Soup tonight (the kind that pours out of a box) and I added a little bit of mashed potatoes. It was so good! Then I ate a sugar free fudgsicle. It was good.

I can't tell too much either. Sometimes I do feel full tho. I keep visualizing 1/4 of a BLT sandwich, I love those things. Let's see that's 1/2 piece of toast, 1/2 small slice of Tomato, 1 piece of shriveled up bacon and some low fat mayo. Dang that sounds good. I hope I can chew it well enough! That is truly what I am craving and also some cooked ground beef.

I have lost about 17 lbs when I weighed myself tonight. I am not changing my ticker tho until I go to the docs. I want to do it by their scale.< /p>

Gail

I tell you, waiting for that phone call to find out the surgery time is like chewing on glass. It was horrible! I hoped for a really early surgery. :( but found out it will be 12:45pm...now I just have to figure out how not to have any Water for over 12 hours. that's going to be hard because I'm a big water drinker. :)

I am glad to know the time finally but now the nerves are worse. I trust my doctor and am not worried about the surgery itself. I guess my biggest worries are if the anestheisiologist calls off the surgery, or the not-knowing about the after effects of the anesthesia. Never had it before...

My thoughts and prayers will be with all of you Monday bandsters!

I was supposed to go in at 10:30, but it ended up being 1pm. I highly recommend requesting to be placed on IV liquids earlier. I had to endure 5 attempts to start an IV line. Two nurses and the anesthesiologist all tried. My veins had colapsed due to dehydration. They finally put a small line in to get me hydrated, and put 6th hole in me while I was out. My hands and wrists are totally bruised still. Best wishes.......It's such a relief when it's over and done with.

Hello Everyone!!! I just wanted to check in to let you all know that everything went well. I am feeling really good and I am happy with my decision to be banded. My incisions look great and I am having very little pain. I am belching alot, but I guess that's a good thing. I appreciate all your prayers and positive words and thanks to everyone who sent me a message. I hope you all are doing well. I will be checking back very soon......

YayTammyJ. You will never be happier. Lots of love and prayers for no pain to you.

BandSTAR

OK, time to fess up (again): I've eaten Peanut Butter. I get like a teeny tiny little bite and turn it into a near liquid in my mouth before swallowing it. It's just so darned good :(

okay I will joing the band wagon, I ate some a couple times too....

Can we not eat it because it is high calorie? Or because it might get stuck?

well I did it! banded on 3/14 9:30 a.m. stayed overnight at hospital and got home yesterday around 2pm slept like crap last night. I'm not so much using my liquid meds the dr prescribed for pain, using them to get some sleep!

I keep pulling my muscles in my port area. OUCH! that is by far the worst

having some tightness between my breasts when I inhale really deep and it takes me 5 minutes to blow my nose!

I don't think i've discovered what it feels like to be full with the band yet.

I'm having no swollowing problems. I can eat a whole popcycle and around 1/2 c of broth in 10 mins, but not at the same time. Just don't want to over do it.

But it doesn't feel like I have any restriction????

Gas pain in shoulder was terrible 1st night. It's been 4 days since my last solid food and now i'm getting abdominal gas.

Hope all the new March bandsters are doing well.

Hang in there everyone, the journey has just begun!

yippee I go to full liquids on Sun.

So the inhale thing is from being still swollen inside. Everything else is 100% perfectly on track and normal according to my experience...