Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

I have more gas pangs today that are noticeable than I did before. i think part of the reason for that is because the pain level over all is doing better. I've been able to get up and down off of the chaise where I am hanging out easier today and I even bent over at one point. I am going to spend at least one more night out here but I might try lying down in bed at some point esp need to remember to have DH raise the head of the bed. I would have had him do that ages ago normally but we are redoing the upstairs and will get a new bed and were just waiting for that but it is going to be a while yet... So time to put up the head of the bed.

Hi all:

three days post surgery, and i am feeling much better already. I even think I might blowdry my hair after washing AND put on makeup!!! I am sur emy DH will be very happy to see me looking like his wife again!! So far, the worst is trying sleep. I tried to lie on my side, but don't feel like that is a good position, asi am afraid I am pulling at my stitches. So, I have to sleep on my back, and after about 6-7 hours, my back is aching like heck. I have tried the recliner, and that doesn't help. But, being up and moving is better for me anyway.

I am taking my Lortab, mostly for discomfort, and not for pain. This morning, I had my first non Water based drink... Yummy Fatfree milk, 4 big strawberries, vanilla Protein Powder, and a drop of vanilla flavoring...blended in my bullet. Delicious!! I would just as soon eat this as ice cream!!

I am not having ny major problems, and still no pain in my shoulders...the gas still seems to be around my midsectio. I am curious if I can wear ANY clothes, because I am so bloated.

RowdyReptile..Yes, peeing take awhile.... :-)

Char

ok, so it looks like I'm down about18 pds. BUT i think my stomach is still swollen because even though things fit better the waistline is still tight on many things. How can that be I ask you?? Anyhoo, i am glad about the loss. My incisions look great. At the end of the day i have to say that certain ones seem alittle tender to me. I am still mainly on Soups, soft foods. I did have some taco meat with ricotta cheese and it was easy and yummy. i feel I really need Protein.< /p>

HI Folks,

I have been reading your posts for the past 4 weeks and have found such a "WEALTH" of information. I am 52 years old and committed to lap band as a last resort to lose these painful pounds. My legs and feet can't take these extra 60 plus pounds I have gained in the past 5 years. At 5'7, if I can get below 200, I will be physically more able to handle standing on my feet. Additional weight loss will contribute to a healthier heart, healthier state of mind, and a healthier "Woman". I am anxious to get off the blood pressure meds, too.

I am traveling to San Diego tomorrow monring. Pre-op testing will be on Monday- Dr. Kuri and his team is my surgeons of choice. A friend is flying with me and we are looking forward to site-seeing in Tijuana.< /p>

I may or may not get to post before Tuesday am, and if not, PLEASE SEND PRAYERS MY WAY.

AGAIN, THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME SUPPORT!!!!

Hello Again!!!

The day of my surgery went very smoothly. I got to the hospital right at 8:30am. Within 5 minutes of sitting down in the waiting room they called me back to get started. At least 10 different people came in and out my room to ask questions or just to introduce themselves and let me know they will be in the operating room. Everyone was so nice and attentive and made me feel at ease. By 10:30, I was in the operating room. By 11:45, I was in recovery and was taken up to my room around 1:00pm. I wasn't allowed anything to eat or drink the first day, not even Water so I was quite parched. The only thing I could do was wipe the inside of my mouth with a wet swab. Every couple hours I got up to walk for 10-15 minutes around my room for the rest of the evening. The next morning around 8:30 I was taken to X-ray to drink the barium to make sure that everything was flowing okay. Finally around noon, after receiving the x-ray results I was brought a food tray with broth, Jello, tea, apple juice, cranberry juice, a popsicle, and a pitcher of ice water. I ate/drank all the broth...which was delicious, had a spoonful of jello, drank the cranberry juice and drank 2 cups of water. I had no problems drinking at all. The nutritionist came to my room to visit and told me that she watched my entire surgery from a window. I said, "You're kidding!" I thought that was really cool!

This is day 2 post-op and I am feeling REALLY, REALLY good! I am really surprised. I slept very well last night. I slept propped up on my bed/tv pillow and used several other pillows to support my back and my legs and I was very comfortable. No real pains to speak of. Still very gassy, but no trapped gas...it's coming out both ends quite often.

I hope everyone else is doing well! I am sure we had some new people join us while I was gone so I am going to read back a few pages and update our list. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Tammy!!! I've been waiting for you to post! YOU MADE IT TO BANDLAND WOMAN!!!!! YIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE

I have 6 days until my surgery date.. I'm getting restless. any tips?:nervous

:welcomeB: dawnie1856!!!!!!! I am assuming your surgery date is March 21st. I will be adding you to our list so please correct me if I'm wrong. I wish you all the best! Hang in there...your day is approaching very soon!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Tammy!!! I've been waiting for you to post! YOU MADE IT TO BANDLAND WOMAN!!!!! YIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks Tracy!!! It's has been a long ride, but I finally made it!!!! Your day will be here before you know it and the wait will be well worth it!!!

I am amazed, aftert reading lots of posts on here, on the different ways we are told to east pre and post op. I was on soups/shakes provided by the Healthier Weight Centre [uK] and could also have five portions of fruit or vegetables every day for 10 days up to surgery. I had the band fitted last Sunday 11th March and was given Water and/or orange juice to drink immediately after I woke up along with liquid painkillers. I also had a morphine drip but didn't have to use it once as I was not in any pain. Monday I was allowed tea/coffee, water, juice and consomme [which was really tasty] and was allowed home. No xrays or barium and was allowed to go home after the doc had checked me over. I had waterproof dressings which can be removed after 10 days. I was very very swollen [looked about 8 months pregnant] and absolutely black and blue.

I was told to only have drinks and to even water down yoghurt or milk shakes. I can't believe some of you can eat a little. This is for 3 weeks then I can move to the mushie stage.

I am now to day 6 - feeling much better and the swelling is starting to subside and the bruises are now going yellow so I'm definitely on the mend. I have slept like a brick every night so no problems there. My only problem is trapped wind and the pain in my shoulder. It does help if I move around but am resting as much as possible. Thinking of going to the store to buy some of those YOP drinking yoghurts/Actimel drinks.

Hi all,,,I was banded March 9th,,I had gas pains but not up into the shoulders,,my scars are healing extremly well...Not as much pains as I had excpected in my abs area,,but a bit more than I would have liked.

I have been having a tough time sticking to the liquids like I should,,,but hanging tough,,,,I'm looking forward to the stage 2,,,where I can have the Soups, ,,or mashed potato's,,,,,,

:welcomeB: lokiluvr!!!! Congratulations on being banded. It sounds like you are doing really well. Keep us posted!!!

Yea Tammy. I was glad to hear from you. Glad you are doing well. What is your post diet like? I am always curious, everyones is so different. Me two weeks of thin liquid only to start. Five days left of it. Woohoo!

Thanks Sugarbear!!! I was told I could start full liquids today, but I will probably stick to clear fluids a couple more days. My full liquid diet consists of Protein Shakes, cream Soups, hot cereals like grits, cream of wheat (cooked really thin), sugar free applesauce, sugar free yogurt, and sugar free pudding. I did this diet for 2 weeks before surgery so I am in no hurry to start it again. Right now, I am enjoying broths and juice and will try some Isopure today to get my Protein in.

March Bandster Babes!

This is the list that I will be keeping up to date for us.. PM me if you want to be added or just post a message on the end of this thread....

HERE WE GO........... Current as of 03/25

CarolynB - 03/01

dec0578 - 03/01

Pam~bander 2/22 - 03/01

bikergirl360 - 03/01

Tea Time - 03/02

hlayne - 03/02

Mommakitty3 - 03/02

wilma - 03/02

analee - 03/02

laralynn86 - 03/03

Sophie248 - 03/05

GloGirl - 03/05

Fur Ellie - 03/05

ThickChickTexas - 03/05

Band STAR - 03/05

Nikki - 03/05

Char - 03/06

anniegs- 03/06

Sugarbear - 03/07

gailannr - 03/07

Sue in Russia - 03/07

planoltxgirl - 03/08

HeatherPA - 03/08

Nikki - 03/08

bronnie70 - 03/09

lokiluvr - 03/09

GC53 - 03/11

Mommy202 - 03/12

Sharon67 - 03/12

Hazelbunny - 03/12

nurseamy - 03/12

magnolia - 03/12

pianoplayer - 03/12

babylovestoys - 03/12

Hotpink Bubbles - 03/13

Tabithan - 03/13

Kyethra - 03/14

Charlif761 - 03/14

x-ray chic - 03/14

demsvmejm - 03/14

CuddleNymph - 03/14

gret1964 - 03/14

sharrism - 03/14

TammyJ - 03/15

Scarlett - 03/15

ohiobluegal - 03/15

Rosi - 03/15

sushiqwn's DH - 03/15

Machele - 03/16

RowdyReptile - 03/16

countrygirl1404 - 03/16

mnkbrly - 03/16

stacy16 - 03/16

tm1019 - 03/16

WendyJ - 03/19

vcarozzolo - 03/19

ebony868 - 03/19

SueA - 03/19

demmemoon - 03/19

momlambert - 03/19

ladybug390 - 03/19

Theresa Ann - 03/19

berry - 03/19

deshar - 03/19

purplemonkey - 03/19

lindsay - 03/19

charsweb - 03/19

kuebel j - 03/20

TRANAM1955 - 03/20

GOOD&READY - 03/20

amrdmr - 03/20

Reesh - 03/20

Janine - 03/20

Mrs Husker - 03/20

CrazyCran - 03/21

lilnena - 03/21

blondylocks - 03/21

Famos - 03/21

eclipse - 03/21

dawnie1856 - 03/21

anon - 03/21

chatgirl6 & DH - 03/22

Desiree1970 - 03/23

Maggief - 03/26

tiredofbeingfat - 03/26

snowangel - 03/26

sushiqwn - 03/27

Rockn4u - 03/27

lisa - 03/27

Deb - 03/28

kssunflower - 03/28

neveragain - 03/28

my5grlz - 03/29

Bubbles - 03/29

alaverde - 03/29

Syrah - 03/29

SGDodge06 - 03/30

slikchik10 - 03/30

Medge - 03/30

Fenton - pending

tootsiepop - pending

ClickerSister - pending

Sara Mos - Bumped to April 2nd

ginabobeana - pending

mdicurn - pending

Laurend - pending

SusaninKC - pending (tentative date 03/19)

TracyinKS - Bumped to April 26, 2007 (insurance approved 1/30!)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I am amazed, aftert reading lots of posts on here, on the different ways we are told to east pre and post op.

I know all the surgeons are different. I absolutely love and trust my surgeon so I follow his advice even if it is different from others.

I was allowed to start mushies 3 days out but my surgeon allows soft cooked veggies and fish on the mushie diet. But if he wanted us on Clear Liquids for a week I would have done that too.

It is kind of weird to see all the different diets so I just go tunnel vision and follow mine.

I had trouble sleeping the first few days - but it does get better. Keep moving during the day and it will help with you sleeping at night - the muscles get worked during the day and the gas moves around or out and allows you to sleep at night. I'm now able to sleep on my sides. Good Luck.

I have more gas pangs today that are noticeable than I did before. i think part of the reason for that is because the pain level over all is doing better. I've been able to get up and down off of the chaise where I am hanging out easier today and I even bent over at one point. I am going to spend at least one more night out here but I might try lying down in bed at some point esp need to remember to have DH raise the head of the bed. I would have had him do that ages ago normally but we are redoing the upstairs and will get a new bed and were just waiting for that but it is going to be a while yet... So time to put up the head of the bed.

I bought my slimfast and my daughter (10) asked to have one - I told her to put it in the freezer for about an hour and it would be just like a frozen milk shake. She really liked it. I'm going to try to pour it out of the can into a bowl with a top and freeze it and eat it like ice cream. I bought a new blender and your receipe sounds pretty good, think I'll give it a try!

Hi all:

three days post surgery, and i am feeling much better already. I even think I might blowdry my hair after washing AND put on makeup!!! I am sur emy DH will be very happy to see me looking like his wife again!! So far, the worst is trying sleep. I tried to lie on my side, but don't feel like that is a good position, asi am afraid I am pulling at my stitches. So, I have to sleep on my back, and after about 6-7 hours, my back is aching like heck. I have tried the recliner, and that doesn't help. But, being up and moving is better for me anyway.

I am taking my Lortab, mostly for discomfort, and not for pain. This morning, I had my first non Water based drink... Yummy Fatfree milk, 4 big strawberries, vanilla Protein Powder, and a drop of vanilla flavoring...blended in my bullet. Delicious!! I would just as soon eat this as ice cream!!

I am not having ny major problems, and still no pain in my shoulders...the gas still seems to be around my midsectio. I am curious if I can wear ANY clothes, because I am so bloated.

RowdyReptile..Yes, peeing take awhile.... :-)

Char