Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Chris

Did your port are ever pertrude? Mine does not stick out unless I stand, I am thinking of going to get a corsit type of something today.

I slept good last night, but rarely do I ever wake up.

I am following your lead on the hearty Soups and think i am going to try the shake this AM; thanks for the tip.

Do you feel any restriction or can you feel your stoma at all I can not, I don't feel any restriction or swelling or anything like that other than the port, which eventually can be fixed it just looks funny and pulls on me.

No, it doesn't really protrude, but I can feel it there. Kinda like a big lump. Like I said, I probably have alot more of my weight around my middle so it is hidden.

I can only eat about 1/2 cup of food before I feel a golf ball in my throat. I am sure it is because he squeezed the 10cc band on for me. trust me, I am not complaining.

Here is something else to try, canned beef in beef broth prueed. just enough to cew on, but still teeny pieces.

I am practicing eating VERY slow today.

Chris

Okay if your port is a lump I am doing just fine then. Typical man (dr.k.) probably did not realize he put it right where my bra strap pushes against it. When I go post op appt I will tell him to consider this next time he places port on a woman who carries her weight on her upper body verses hips.

I also carry my weight around my middle just like you.

I love your recipes Go STEPH!!

I went to work today and worked all day with 2 doses of pain meds 11ml each. I came home and walked my dogs about 2 miles, just had to walk slowly.

I swear I have not cheated (there is no way I can) and since day of surgery I have gained 5 1/2 pounds. I have not gone #2 yet, so if I don't tomarrow I will buy something that helps me along in that department.

I have been doing shakes 2x a day and pureed dinner.

I eat alot of fish and chicken so tonight is pureed Cioppino (fish stew).

I am going to try and get in 64 oz. of Water in tommarrow, prior to surgery I was drinking more than 80 per day no problem. I just am not thirsty right now, but I am not excercizing like I was prior to surg. either and I would down 46 oz. during that alone.

Interesting enough I got gas pains in my shoulders today, I thought that when everybody else would complain about gas pains this late post surgery they were confusing it with something else but I got them.

Chris when are you going to start to excercise or go back to work?

I booked my vacation to Sea World and San Diego zoo today so I must get conditioned to do all the walking we will be doing on 3/14.

I want to be able to walk 5 miles without sitting down prior to 3/14, if the weather holds out I will have to add to my walking regimen everyday.

I have already starteed walking some. I don't go back to work till friday.

I have heard that alot of Dr,s tell women not to wear underwire bras for some time after surgery. My guess is there is some reason for the placement because that seems a pretty comon complaint.

I am going to the boat and RV show with my brother today. we will see how I feel when we get back.

Chris

It's been a slow weekend here.

How is everyone doing today.

Pam, are you going back to work today?

My brother and I went to the boat and RV show. It was pretty nice, but I over did it some. Ended up coming home and taking a 2 hour nap:).

Feeling petty good today, we are going out to the regional shooting facility today. I guess, if my wife won't let me go to work, I might as well play!

chris

Chris:

I was at the boat and RV show too and kept keeping an eye out for you. Then we went shopping (our typical Sunday costco, Walmart, Albertsons, Best Buy runs) and yes I am pooped when I come home too.

I have just given in to the fact when I get grumpy I take 11-12 mil of loritab, and everything becomes OKAY.

I went back to work on Sat. and Yes I am here today (Monday) as well too.

I hate sitting idle.

My port lump has gone down some.

My weight is still up from surgery date :) Not to concerned I know it will come off)

So when are you going to start really excercizing? Like go to the gym excercizing? What is your walking distance goals this week?

Gail is getting ready to go in to surg this week and you know how we all get the quiet right before the big day.

I can say though yesterday and today seem to be the best days I have had so far.

I really don't have a distance goal as much as I just walk hard for 30 minutes. I need to sit down and get a better work out schedual but for now the walking is pretty good for me.

Right now, I am really trying to drop 30 more pounds before April 14. I would like to be there when we go to Oregon for the Round up and Brand at my uncles ranch. We go there every year to help. It is going to be a bit of a dissapointment this year, I am usually the mugger ( person who holds the calf down while they brand, vaccinate and castrate) but I will probably end up givving shots this year. Oh well, maybe next year I will be small enough to be on horseback!

Chris

Hey Guys sorry I have not posted in awhile I have been busy with work and things. Pam I was so excited to hear that you had your surgery, that is great. Don't start working out to hard to soon. Thats what I did and I ended up back on the couch with a heating pad and Tylenol. Take it slow.

Chris it sounds like you are doing great. THats fantastic.

I started whole foods this morning. I had a small bowl of Kashi for Breakfast with some soy milk in it. I think that it went ok. My first fill is not until April 3 but I can tell I am ready for some restriction because at this point I am restricting myself.

I am having some bathroom problems, but Milk of Magnesia seems to be taking care of it.

Well I have probably talked your ears off so I will go now.

Congratulations to everybody and good luck!

Feeling pretty good after today. Kinda tired, and getting hungry between meals.

Speaking of bathroom problems, I have been having constant direah wen I go. I didn't even have this when I was on a liquid.< /p>

I gotta say, this is really neat we are all real close to our stages.Very nice to be able to bounce stuff off of you all.

Chris

Chris;

Funny that you mentioned bathroom. I FINALLY went today and I bet I lost weight. I have the opposite problem as you though. I never knew what Constipation felt like before in my life, never had that problem before. But I think I am over it and am excited to see what I weigh tomarrow. Loritab was suppose to stop you up not give you the runs.

I am gonna try and treadmill for 30 minutes and then walk 2 miles tonight, when I say I excercise, I am sure you think I am really "hoofing it" I am leisurely sight seeing, so don't think I am a super woman!

Chris I am 2 days behind you and you are approx 1 week behind Red, I hope in 2 days I don't have the runs, but I will definately share it with you I am sure if I do! LOL!

How much Protein are you getting in daily? What are you eating lately? I feel really swollen inside today and even though I know it is head hunger I am not really stomach hungry, and have been drinking bariatrix today, veg. beef Soup without the beef in the blender for dinner tonight.

I "was" a huge salad eater so my eating I know is gonna be very different until I get the courage to try lettuce. FYI: I did try 1 tsp. of costco chicken salad and had no problem on Sunday.

Tell me more about the "full feeling" you experienced that one day with that soup. Have you felt it again since? Was it a full feeling that I would say (ah!) that is what it feels like or is it a tight feeling? I am getting so confused!

I definately ate healthy; VERY healthy but just lots of volume, that was my weight problem. Even Dr. K. said I had a skinny persons liver, almost no fat on it. Until he told me this I felt he never believed at how "good" I really ate, just lots of quantity! I don't know if I shared with you but I did not have to do the diet again for the second surgery.

Pam not to be personal but I have never had a problem with Constipation either, until now. I have always had the opposite problem. Milk of Magnesia is really doing the trick though. Well solid foods today are going pretty well. I am marinading some chicken breast right now for dinner, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Do you all shop at Trader Joes, I never realized how inexpensive their product is. We have been shopping there and saving lots of money and getting a better quality of food.< /p>

There is supposed to be a Whole Food store opening soon. I have heard great things about it. I am looking forward to it opening.

Trader joes is great! I have heard the new one is opening up in the new shopping center in Pyramid HWY.

Chris

Trader Joes is one of my weekly stops.

I am so wierd; one store, for a few items, another store for another few items yadda yadda yadda.

I ate choc pudding, the massa from a tamale, cottage cheese for dinner. I ate total about a cup of food but really really need to slow down swallowing. I know I could have made better choices but sometimes I am the hydrant and sometimes I am the dog.

Chris; Tell me what you ate tonight pleeeeeeease.

Chris when is the one on Pyramid supposed to be opening? Is it going to be bigger than the current Trader Joes? My mom says that the T.J.'s in Carson City is five times as big as the Reno one. Have any of you heard of The Sanctuary in Reno? I have heard that it is supposed to be fabulous. For $175 for one month you get 4 personal training session, 8 pilates classes (on the machines) unlimited Yoga, unlimited Tai Chi, unlimited Aerobics class, and you get one facial and one massage. My husband and I are going to go check it out tomorrow before I go to work. I am also thinking about trying Bikram Yoga. Just to change things up in my workout routine.

Is anyone going to the support group meeting next week? Dale and I are planning on going. Pam I can't remember does it start at 6 or 7?

Well I have probably talked enough, so I will talk to you all later.