Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August sleevers progress

For a good part of September it was one big stall......but I did notice my pants are loose yesterday....so I pulled out a size smaller, and quite a few fit, so I'm rather pleased about that......plus still being in onederland is a nice change.

Hey guys! All of us are doing so great I couldn't be happier with my sleeve!! I could look at myself in the mirror again!! My updated stats are

Surgery date 8/8/13

HW: 225

SW: 213

CW: 185

I went from a size 14 pants to a size 9 and shirts from a xxL to a L maybe even a M but I don't like my shirts tight.

:D

Hi everyone!

8/29 surgery date... 280lbs

as of last weigh in .... 248lbs

I have lost 32 pounds since surgery.

Ive had a few stalls along the way... so I am just being patient and moving forward =)

Surgery date 9/22. I'm only down 10 lbs. Trying to not be discouraged by comparing myself...

my surgery was 9/16. I'm down 19 lbs. I was getting very discouraged cause for 8 days I didn't lose a oz. I also hadn't had a bm in almost 10 days. my friend who had the sleeve done in January told me to do stool softener and after taking that 5 days I finally went but boy was that pain full.

......was getting very discouraged cause for 8 days I didn't lose a oz. I also hadn't had a bm in almost 10 days. my friend who had the sleeve done in January told me to do stool softener and after taking that 5 days I finally went but boy was that pain full.

KRM, Don't be discouraged....we're going to have hiccups along the way....I'm 2 months out and have had a few stalls.....my longest was 17 days......but as mentioned, I was shrinking, so it's all good......we've put our bodies through a lot.......you're early out, but try to get in your Water totals, that will help with weight loss and BM's (I struggle with getting in water myself)

With regards to the BM......I had a blockage, and the doctors told me to take Miralax every day.....plus they said dairy products can be constipating....that includes yogurt and whey Protein (whey is a byproduct when they process raw milk).....cottage cheese, milk........so I'm struggling to take in my protein with less dairy....Good luck!

KRM' date=' Don't be discouraged....we're going to have hiccups along the way....I'm 2 months out and have had a few stalls.....my longest was 17 days......but as mentioned, I was shrinking, so it's all good......we've put our bodies through a lot.......you're early out, but try to get in your Water totals, that will help with weight loss and BM's (I struggle with getting in water myself)

With regards to the BM......I had a blockage, and the doctors told me to take Miralax every day.....plus they said dairy products can be constipating....that includes yogurt and whey Protein (whey is a byproduct when they process raw milk).....cottage cheese, milk........so I'm struggling to take in my protein with less dairy....Good luck![/quote']

Thank you so much for the info. You are so right we did put our bodies throught enough.. I need t0 have patience:-) I just have it in my head to get to a number before my husband comes home from being deployed. he comes home on the 30th of this month!!!!!!!!!!! BUT I KNOW I NEED TOSTOP THINKING LIKE THAT::-) On the Miralax does it matter when taking it morning or night? And did you take it everyday and how long?

Today marks week 9 for me, I was 265 sleeve day and today I am at 235.6. So 30 total. Not the amazing loss some see but I am happy with it. I am going today after work to the gym to start weights, I have only been doing cardio and feel like I need to ramp it up a bit. My eating has been good. and fluids too, I did too many carbs this weekend and feel it but still not even a quarter of how I used to. I really don't ever get hunger which thrills me. I do still deal with head hunger at night.

4 weeks Pre-op (7/17/13)=317

Surgery Date (8/13/13)=297

4 weeks Post-op (9/12/12)=277

almost 8 weeks Post-op (10/7/13)=264

DOWN A TOTAL OF 53 POUNDS (33 since surgery)

At times I get discouraged and wish it would all just "melt" right off, but then I realize that I have averaged losing nearly 4.5# per week....not too shabby!

I met my 50 pound weight loss goal a month early and am hoping to be at a total loss of 75 pounds by Christmas!!

Twoderland

Preop diet start 322.5

Surgery 8/23 314

Today 282

Total 44.5

Down 1 shirt size; 2 pant sizes

Yay.

Arrgh...sent from my Ayephone matey using magic. Sleeved 8/23/13

I just have it in my head to get to a number before my husband comes home from being deployed.

How exciting! Thank you & your family for everything you all have sacrificed.....I know how difficult it is for those deployed, and their loved ones.

We all lose weight at our own pace......so try not to put that kind of pressure on yourself....

I don't think the miralax matters when you take it......if I don't have a BM for a day, then I take it.....they took care of my problem in the ER....not fun LOL I'm told you can take it for life if necessary......I'm hoping to avoid that LOL

How exciting! Thank you & your family for everything you all have sacrificed.....I know how difficult it is for those deployed' date=' and their loved ones.

We all lose weight at our own pace......so try not to put that kind of pressure on yourself....

I don't think the miralax matters when you take it......if I don't have a BM for a day, then I take it.....they took care of my problem in the ER....not fun LOL I'm told you can take it for life if necessary......I'm hoping to avoid that LOL[/quote']

OK once again thanks for the info. on the Miralax. I will definitely try that.... Now with you being 2 months out how do you feel and what types of foods are you eating?!

Now with you being 2 months out how do you feel and what types of foods are you eating?!

Feel fabulous.....I'm hiking, kayaking, working out, loving life.....I have no problems (so far) tolerating any food.< /span>

I'm eating mostly protein.....chicken is my staple for protein---I just cook it different ways.......also eat eggs, salmon, tuna, scallops, lobster, the occasional chili, crockpot chicken is good (chicken needs to be moist), one Protein drink/shake a day.....eating less yogurt & cottage cheese since they're binding........a wee bit of veggies or fruit.....the rare occasion will have a teaspoon of rice or potatoes (done that twice since being sleeved). Mostly staying away from carbs......Two to three ounces of protein fills me up, so it's tough getting in the veggies/fruit, or anything else.

I don't cook casseroles, lasagna, other Pasta dishes, or desserts.....hubby is picky and won't eat any of it........so it's been super easy to eat this way.

What are you eating, are you on pureed foods yet?

Good luck!