Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im genuinely struggling, and im surprised I havent gotten a leak yet.

I'm truly surprised after how much I've been eating I haven't thrown up or anything. The most uncomfortable thing I felt was burping nonstop, but I took a nap and it ended.

I thought this was going to help me but so far it hasn't. I don't want to go to my checkin because the doctors will ask me why I have gained or maintained weight? Last time I checked I was 275 down from 283ish at my 2 week followup, and that 275 was a week ago, so probably 6 weeks after the surgery...

I've been binging on **** again. Not feeling full. I'm getting a therapist to help me with my food problems but all of my problems came when I switched from liquids to purée, and even more when I switched from purée to regular.

Ugh what I would kill to feel stuffed again without actually stuffing myself. I've been finding it hard to take my meds too. The pills. The Vitamins. :|. I am literally the worst postop person ever...failing in 6 weeks or 7.........

I would tell my doctor but I don't want them to tell my mom :/

Now, the only hell I'm in is after I eat a lot of carbs I just feel tired. Like I need to take a nap. And it's 3....

Binging on crap or pureed foods probably will not make you feel full.

Are you eating Protein first? If so what kind and amount of protein are you eating now that you're on regular food?

Kudos on working with a therapist!! That should help you.

Now, the only hell I'm in is after I eat a lot of carbs I just feel tired. Like I need to take a nap. And it's 3....

Really get back to Protein. Carbs will make you crave more carbs. Vicious carb circle.

I would eat eggs but they wouldn't fill me. That's about as protein-y as it would get, unless you want me to stick to shakes you know? It's just not filling like it used to be.

It doesn't need to be shakes but you MUST have Protein daily. Lots of it.

What did your Dr give you for goals of how much you should have?

My minimum is 60g daily but I shoot for 90g and often go over 100g.

Did you get guidelines of what you should be eating?

I've never been able to make it over 60.......

What might help is dense Protein - chicken, tuna are two that are high in Protein and difficult to eat a lot of cos they fill you. And that makes it hard to get too many carbs in. Protein and Water are what will get you losing weight .... and moving about. :-))))

You sound a bit defeated and maybe a bit scared? Bet you are not the worst post-op person and please don't say you are failing, you just need some help. If you do speak to your doc, he or she can't tell your mom (unless you are younger than I think you are) and I think you need to share your feelings with them. Would telling your mom get you more support? Are you getting a therapist soon?

Don't think you are alone or that you are messing up. This is a tough surgery, it messes with your hormones and your head. In the circumstances, you are doing the best you can - but you need to speak up and get more help to get you through

this time. Let us know how things go in the next few days...

Robo, I'm so proud of you for talking to a therapist. Don't give up on yourself. Get back to basics and stick with the program. I hate the Protein Shakes, too, but you gotta do it. There is this magical 6 month window after surgery when it is the easiest to lose weight. You can still lose later, but not like you can in the first few months. Don't waste it!

1) Get your Protein down first and get enough

2) Get your 8 glasses of Water down and don't drink during meals

3) Keep off of carbs and crap - you can do this!

4) Walk a little every day, even 15 minutes. Just get up and move.

We are cheering for you. Get back on track, and you'll feel so proud of yourself. Good luck!

Im 2 weeks as of today down 25lbs. I just drink Powerade zero blue flavor have a deviled egg and im full all day. 1 Protein Drink a day also.. From 295 8/21 surgery day and today 270. I never feel hungry. I guess its different for anyone. Paneta Tomato Soup will fill you up.

Hey robo,

Long time no see. Ok as the other posters said you need to eat your Proteins, that is how you will feel your restriction. The crap food just won't do it, you will always be able to eat more of that. Along with having this surgery you need to make changes.

I know it's hard, I'm a bringer too, remember.

But you are the one in control here.

When you want to eat, eat meat first. Roasted chicken, a turkey patty with cheese, low sodium deli meats..

Not sure how old you are but I think your Mom needs to know. If she is the one who will kick you in the butt and get you back on track, you need to tell her. You have had major life changing surgery and it is too early on to be failing. TELL YOUR MOM AND ASK FOR HELP!!

Don't give up. First of all, you have to talk to your doctor. You won't get anywhere if you don't. Being ashamed, nervous, and defeated is what caused most of us on this website to remain obese. Tough love is the only way you will get through. I am pre-op and waiting on insurance and I would switch with you in an instant rather than struggle on my own with no surgical intervention. chicken, tuna, shrimp, ground turkey, soft cheese like ricotta or cottage, greek yogurt, unflavored Protein Powder like Unjury added to any kind of Soup, drink, or puree. There are so many different options to go to Protein first before you cop out and grab food you shouldn't eat. This is what the sleeve is about. It isn't a solution it is a tool. You have to get your brain to sync with your new stomach. And you have to work with that therapist on your head hunger.

I am not sitting on my jolly high horse because I am just as guilty. My head, my demons, my emotions are what throw me into a binge and emotional eating marathon. We all need support whether it is from family, friends, or this forum.

I hope you don't give up--and I hope you work with your therapist and your doctor to get on track with protein and off high carbs. You will get there--just keep trying! :-)

It is so important to get your fears spoken so in talking with us today you have done a good thing. Please confide everything to your therapist! Keep talking to us! If you feel like you can't discuss your fears with your mother then at least you are getting it out to fellow strugglers! It sounds like you are dealing with some really really bad head hunger. Were you doing okay with just staying on liquids and then when you could eat the need to eat until stuffed kicked in?

Hi Robo,

Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day. Work toward getting the Protein and fluids. You can do it. We are all in this together - you're not alone. Talk to your mom. She can help you with your choices. We all get hungry. If I tried to get through the day with just a deviled egg and fluids, I would probably eat the dog :) Are you drinking fluids with or within an hour after esting? Great place to start again. You can do it. If you want to chat, keep posting. And you're always welcome to message me. It really helps to not have to go it alone.