Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

loosing too much weight

I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'm loosing too much weight. I am beginning to look sick. I started at 208lbs and now I'm 138lbs. Way too much weight loss for me. I'm 5'6". I try to eat more, and I have, but I just keep loosing. Hopefully I'll eventually stop loosing and start gaining. My goal was 150lbs. Anyone else who had a low bmi run into this? I'm almost 9mths po. I'm also lactose intolerant so there goes the milkshakes.

I'd never thought I'd say this' date=' but I'm loosing too much weight. I am beginning to look sick. I started at 208lbs and now I'm 138lbs. Way too much weight loss for me. I'm 5'6". I try to eat more, and I have, but I just keep loosing. Hopefully I'll eventually stop loosing and start gaining. My goal was 150lbs. Anyone else who had a low bmi run into this? I'm almost 9mths po. I'm also lactose intolerant so there goes the milkshakes.[/quote']

I have friend just like you! 5'6"& is finally back up to 145! She's 16 months out. She started eating crappy 4 months ago & is just now started to gain. Still at this weight, she looks too skinny. Crazy! She started at 263.

I am 5'6" and weigh 135. I have a small frame and chest. 135 is a little more than the middle of the normal BMI range. But if you prefer to weigh more, I suggest adding healthy fats. Avocado, nuts, nut butters and olive oil are all good choices. Hummus is also pretty high in calories and good for you.

Lynda

why do you think that a mid range bmi is too low?

There's not a lot of info in this. Are you having trouble keeping food down? Are you eating 400 calories? 1400? Practicing for a marathon? Sitting still? Also, how are your blood tests? A1c? If you "look sick" you may indeed, be sick.

There's not a lot of info in this. Are you having trouble keeping food down? Are you eating 400 calories? 1400? Practicing for a marathon? Sitting still? Also' date=' how are your blood tests? A1c? If you "look sick" you may indeed, be sick.[/quote']

I was having trouble eating. I eat about 800-1000 calories a day bc I just can't eat anymore than that. No marathon. I sit still bc if I work out, ill waste away. I drink my Protein. I'm sick of them though. I was low on Vit.D but now I take a supplement. Thats the only thing I was low on. What is A1c? I'm not sick, I just look too thin. Lately I've been noticing I can eat a bit more. Maybe I'm just gettn better now. Thanks for all the feed back. You guys are great.

i dont know what you mean by waste away if you exercise? it helps build muscle and bone. It would take enourmous efforts to waste away with exercise, you will run out of energy well before that.

i dont know what you mean by waste away if you exercise? it helps build muscle and bone. It would take enourmous efforts to waste away with exercise' date=' you will run out of energy well before that.[/quote']

I think I'll loose more weight. If I eat 1000 calories and burn 400, then I'll loose more weight.