Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Beausoleil (Moncton N.B.)

My surgery time is 7:30 am I may be the 1st one on the list that day I will soon be banded!!!! Hoping you will soon be too . EJ.

I am so excited to start this journey, I can hardly stand it. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday. I am coming to Moncton on Monday and spending the night at a motel so I won't have to get on the road so early in the morning. If I can remember, I'll bring along my laptop.

Yes that's a great idea ,, as I done all my traveling in the same day ahahaha and I was super tired . Too bad we couldnt meet on that day ,, but anyway i probably wouldn't remember ahahahaha after surgery but I might ahahah any way good to talk with you and good luck!!! The nurses are very very nice, caring and full of information ask lots of questions, I believe you will have a great day I know I did . Bye for now . EJ.

Ellenjacq, I was at the George Domont hosp this morning and while I was waiting to start my 8 hour info session, I was wondering how you were doing. Around first break (10:30) I was thinking about you. Thinking you must be done by now. Hope all went well and by now (9pm) you must be at home all done. I am so happy for you! Feel better soon:)

Hi, Ellenjacq, how are you? I had my 8 hour info session yesterday. The staff were all really great! I really loved the info. They sure know their stuff. They said the next step will be a meeting to talk to Dr. B. and sign the consent forms. I will be weighed each visit. My biggest worry is that I will gain weight and they will postpone my surgery. The visit after that will be pre-admission, blood work, chest x-ray, ecg. ect. I am soooo looking forward to this.

Hello Unuit,, well today is dec 5th. I am feeling much better and doing well ,I am taking no more pain mecication as it made me sick to my stomach ... not a good feeling , anyway i didn't vomit ahahahahha so that good . I am still a little sore on the port side left side but will feel better each day i am sure . Thank You for thinking of me ,,, and soon this will be you here , by the way if you are serious about changing your lefestyle and being healthy you won't let yourself gain weight from now on kinda like from this day fordward ahahahaha you can do it ,.. talk soon EJ.

Ah Ellenjacq, I see you survived the ordeal. Hahaha Just kidding. You must be glad it's over. Now for the healing process. I am so happy for you!! Me next! Keep on posting to let us know how you are doing.

Hello,

I have gotten my approval for surgery but i was approved for out of province care because of the wait times. I have had this approval since september but no doctor across canada is willing to do it for me as they dont think NB medicare pays enough.

Does anyone know the wait times currently for Dr. Beausoliel and Dr. Savoie???

I am going to have to get in contact with them. I have the referral from my doctor just thought it would be faster to go the other way but it didn't work out for me.

I need some advice and help. I am desperate for my banding. Im 30 and 250 and 5'4. I am soooo tired... and i just want to get my new life started!!! I have my opti-fast and am good to go but need to get an appointment here....

Had 2 dates set so far in ontario and surgeons cancelled out due to amount of medicare payment... which is the standard for the host province so it is within there provinces guidelines... AHHHHHHH.... :frown:

Dear Mama_eve_78,

I know Dr. Savoie is suppose to start his surgeries in January and he's new. So, maybe, his list is not as long as Dr. Beausoleil because he is new on the field. I'm just guessing here. Or you can call both and ask if they have a long list. Hope it'll work for you.

clempier

Now my doctor has givin me the referral to have it done and supports it. Can i contact them directly or do i need my doctor to do it? I appreciate any responses so much as this has been a losing battle for me.... and im sure im not the only one in the same boat.:frown:

Mama_eve_78,

Your Dr. has to make a refferal to the Dr. you want. If you're diabetic or any sickness and the Lapband would help or even completely take it away (like me, I'm diabetic), I don't have to pay anything for the surgery.

clempier

I have been approved by medicare for the surgury already as i broke my neck in an accident back a year ago and am suffering from major arthritis that is setting in my back and shoulder.... he feels that weightloss will help with my rehabilitation and eleviate some of the strain on my injured areas.

so, covered I am for the lapband... just waiting out... but not so happy as we thought out of province would happen sooner but medicare cant find someone that will do it and after my own search have ended up with nothing... besides 2 cancelled appointments.... BAH.... :frown:

For those waiting for Dr. Savoie,

Good news, my friend who's going for the sleeve went to see Dr. Savoie who told her he was planning to do the lap band surgery first. He will start after the Holiday's. I'm really anxious to have my date on paper. It's like seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

clempier