Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbourne Chat Thread!!!!

Hey Dionne, I missed reading your post. I am on mushies until this Saturday, and then I start solids. For mushies I have been having thicker Soups, Fish with sauce, tuna mixed with cottage cheese etc.

How are you feeling physically now?

It can't be easy being newly banded and dealing with all the family issues. I bloody salute all you mums out there.:)

Susannah

Hey, I am making up for lost time.:) For the old timer bandsters. What are the biggest mistakes you have made in terms of eating/drinking you have made since being banded?

Susannah

I'm doing better can't wait for mushies and some texture I don't think I'll ever eat ice-cream, kelly, custard or yogurt again.!!!!!!

I said exactly the same thing, and you know what... I pretty much haven't touched it! I have a tiny yougurt maybe once a week if I need a snack, but I can take or leave the rest these days!

THe only ting I would describe as a big mistake was not being more assertive with my surgeon when I started having the swallowing problems- I allowed him to fob me off as not following the rules when I had been trying as hard as physically possible. he is a very eperienced bariatric surgeon and I allowed that to overide my "gut" instincts ( pun not intended)

great news about the bill btw!

Jachut

KNowing how stubborn the final few kilos can be, and how hoard you excercse ( has to counteract the occasional chokkie you mention), if I were you I might be tempted to try a small fill. You have your tool in place and a tune up to help you reach your goal is worth a try- Im sure you can manage without it but that inc in restrction may jsut make it a bit quicker

Hey Meredith, I have heard that bandsters can not eat asparagus because it is too fibrous.Six days a week exercising, you are on fire!

Karen, How are you? Are you finding that you are still losing weight?

Gday Dionne, Bron and all.

I saw a lady on A Current Affair who had been banded two years ago, and has lost 80 kgs. Anybody catch that?

One more question. Is it ok to have an occasional Starbucks small skim chai latte, Or will that stop me from losing weight? I have very few pleasures these days.:)

I will stop having them if I hear they are a no go.

Getting my first fill next week.

Onwards in the weight loss battle my comrades!:biggrin1:

Susannah

Susannah, I saw that woman on ACA too. I thought there was a lot in the story that they didn't cover, but I guess they only had a 10 minute time slot. I would have liked them to more firmly exlpain that she didn't do it all with the band - that she has had to work hard!

As for your starbucks, one every fortnight or so won't hurt. Sure, you will lose faster if you each healthy all the time, but if you are anything like me, you got the band partly so you don't have to "diet" any more. While i make better food choices these days, I still have the occasional fun sized mars bar or pizza or birthday cake etc. Its all about moderation. The second you tell yourself you can't have it, its going to make you want it MORE. So treat yourself, with all the hard work you are doing, you'll deserve it once in a while!

Hi All,

I physically feel good but sill tender especially around port site I guess that will just take some more time.

With the mushies did you all start that 14days after op???

I am going to try some hoy & sour Soup from the chinese tonight (I love spicy food). and see if that can get me through the last few days.

How are you going Sussanah??

Hi Everyone....

I had the Respiratory Function Tests Today... i wasnt pre-warned that they would include arterial blood gases ( ie blood test from an artery in my wrist).... ouch!!!! Anyway after that i went and saw the physician...

All is great, no more tests and i just have to wait until friday week (9th March) for the op :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi everyone,

I went to see the surgeon today - he was happy with my progress since the last fill, so no new fill for me today. Hooray! It is our 10th wedding anniversary, so it meant that I could enjoy dinner out without having to stick with soup! LOL!

Also had some major NSV's with clothes shopping today - I went to Big City Chic to get a party dress and some new tops. So I march into the change room with an armful of the usual sized 24's, 26's and XL items. ALL TOO BIG!!! Most of the dresses and tops I grabbed off the rack were too small!! One strapless size 24 top FELL OFF TO MY WAIST!!!! ROFL!!! HOORAY!!! YIPPEE!!!:sun: I ended up buying a dress (size 22, AND it needs taking in a bit around the top), a top (both size 22), a second top (SIZE 20!!!), and the best bit - a bolero cardigan - SIZE M!!! That's right, M for MEDIUM!!! WTF!!! HOOOPLA!!!! :rockon:GOTTA LOVE THIS LAPBAND!!!

Goanna, I love your excitement, it comes right thru the computer into my study. Have a wondeful 10th anniversary - you sure are having a great few weeks - enjoy!!!