Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fecal Impaction... tmi... HELP!

I usually don't post on topics like this because I always end up looking like a crazy person for saying what I do. Well here it goes: I've dealt with Constipation since I was a very young child. My butt has been through a lot of painful stools and I wouldn't be surprised if my butt hole has actually shrunk because of all the ripping and tearing that I've experienced over the years (scar tissue). I now squat to poop. I know it sounds weird but it helps get all the poop out and not just little pellets. I use a squatting platform. I'm not saying that squatting to poop makes the issue of constipation go away but when your poop is impacted and very hard to push out, squatting makes it easier. I honestly believe that the way that current toilets are designed is the reason why we have so many problems going. Toilets are often to high for us short people and it's not natural to poop in a sitting position. If you're in the woods and need to poop you will more than likely squat and find that your poop is longer and you wont feel like there is more poop left in your bowel, you will have complete elimination. My husband thinks it's weird what I do but he's tall so he doesn't understand how hard it is to poop when your knees are below your hips and I used to spend hours on the toilet just trying to push out poop and would be so frustrated. Not being regular really effects your mental state.

I don't want to go too deep into the theory and most times when I post in these threads I feel as if I'm wasting my energy because most think it's stupid advice but if you happen to be one of those people open to trying something new then definitely google "squatting to poop" and you will find tons of articles on why it's beneficial and that you wont have to deal with constipation as much. I don't use stool softeners or laxatives because they cause problems days later and you will more than likely end up back in the same situation. Drinking lots of Water has helped me and so has squatting. Good Luck

I usually don't post on topics like this because I always end up looking like a crazy person for saying what I do. Well here it goes: I've dealt with Constipation since I was a very young child. My butt has been through a lot of painful stools and I wouldn't be surprised if my butt hole has actually shrunk because of all the ripping and tearing that I've experienced over the years (scar tissue). I now squat to poop. I know it sounds weird but it helps get all the poop out and not just little pellets. I use a squatting platform. I'm not saying that squatting to poop makes the issue of constipation go away but when your poop is impacted and very hard to push out' date=' squatting makes it easier. I honestly believe that the way that current toilets are designed is the reason why we have so many problems going. Toilets are often to high for us short people and it's not natural to poop in a sitting position. If you're in the woods and need to poop you will more than likely squat and find that your poop is longer and you wont feel like there is more poop left in your bowel, you will have complete elimination. My husband thinks it's weird what I do but he's tall so he doesn't understand how hard it is to poop when your knees are below your hips and I used to spend hours on the toilet just trying to push out poop and would be so frustrated. Not being regular really effects your mental state.

I don't want to go too deep into the theory and most times when I post in these threads I feel as if I'm wasting my energy because most think it's stupid advice but if you happen to be one of those people open to trying something new then definitely google "squatting to poop" and you will find tons of articles on why it's beneficial and that you wont have to deal with constipation as much. I don't use stool softeners or laxatives because they cause problems days later and you will more than likely end up back in the same situation. Drinking lots of Water has helped me and so has squatting. Good Luck[/quote']

You are onto something here! I've heard that in China or somewhere that they have stools in front of their toilets to bring their knees up!

I already have Constipation issues...so this will make it worst..maybe dumping will be heaven for me..lol

I feel for ya! I went through this on 08/13 and I missed a day of work because of it. My surgery date was 07/16 and I believe this also caused me to stall for 2 weeks. I wasn't even on solid foods yet. I was still in the pureed stage and drinking my Protein Shakes. This is the ONE and ONLY complication I've had regarding the sleeve. I really wish I had known about this beforehand. I don't recall ever seeing any topics about the Constipation until after I was going through it. I now take chewable Fiber tablets twice a day. So far so good. I also stocked up on MOM and other laxatives just in case this ever happens again. Good luck with that and drink lots of water!

Works great but don't trust a fart!! Just saying!! :)

Haha that's too funny!

I usually don't post on topics like this because I always end up looking like a crazy person for saying what I do. Well here it goes: I've dealt with Constipation since I was a very young child. My butt has been through a lot of painful stools and I wouldn't be surprised if my butt hole has actually shrunk because of all the ripping and tearing that I've experienced over the years (scar tissue). I now squat to poop. I know it sounds weird but it helps get all the poop out and not just little pellets. I use a squatting platform. I'm not saying that squatting to poop makes the issue of constipation go away but when your poop is impacted and very hard to push out, squatting makes it easier. I honestly believe that the way that current toilets are designed is the reason why we have so many problems going. Toilets are often to high for us short people and it's not natural to poop in a sitting position. If you're in the woods and need to poop you will more than likely squat and find that your poop is longer and you wont feel like there is more poop left in your bowel, you will have complete elimination. My husband thinks it's weird what I do but he's tall so he doesn't understand how hard it is to poop when your knees are below your hips and I used to spend hours on the toilet just trying to push out poop and would be so frustrated. Not being regular really effects your mental state.

I don't want to go too deep into the theory and most times when I post in these threads I feel as if I'm wasting my energy because most think it's stupid advice but if you happen to be one of those people open to trying something new then definitely google "squatting to poop" and you will find tons of articles on why it's beneficial and that you wont have to deal with constipation as much. I don't use stool softeners or laxatives because they cause problems days later and you will more than likely end up back in the same situation. Drinking lots of Water has helped me and so has squatting. Good Luck

I have heard that too, and at 5' 0", I should probably heed that! I'm too short to squat, so I will try out having a stool in the bathroom. My stool stool? Lol. (Love that we can talk about this stuff here. This is not something I feel comfortable talking about with my friends.)

Soooo the lady at walgreens looked at me like I was crazy. I spent $30 on poop things. I got magnesium citrate, mineral oil enema, saline fleet enemas, Miralax, and fiber chews.... Add to that the milk of magnesia and glycerin suppositories my hubby got me yesterday. I'm desperate y'all! Hope this works. Thank you all for all your tips and advice.

Lots of Love!

My dr had me on Bariatric chewable Probiotics from the start. I think that helps. However, I noticed that after taking Iron I was getting constipated, so I take a Colace on iron days. I also have puréed veg Soup.< /p>

Wow. I'm so thankful that my body is so regular that I go at the same time everyday. I'm so sorry for your discomfort. Pls be careful since impaction can do some real harm if not treated in a timely fashion. I wouldn't be waiting.

Soooo the lady at walgreens looked at me like I was crazy. I spent $30 on poop things. I got magnesium citrate, mineral oil enema, saline fleet enemas, miralax, and fiber chews.... Add to that the milk of magnesia and glycerin suppositories my hubby got me yesterday. I'm desperate y'all! Hope this works. Thank you all for all your tips and advice.

Lots of Love!

I wish I could have seen her face!! If this doesn't do the trick I don't know what to tell you!! Just don't try them all at once!! :)

I usually don't post on topics like this because I always end up looking like a crazy person for saying what I do. Well here it goes: I've dealt with Constipation since I was a very young child. My butt has been through a lot of painful stools and I wouldn't be surprised if my butt hole has actually shrunk because of all the ripping and tearing that I've experienced over the years (scar tissue). I now squat to poop. I know it sounds weird but it helps get all the poop out and not just little pellets. I use a squatting platform. I'm not saying that squatting to poop makes the issue of constipation go away but when your poop is impacted and very hard to push out' date=' squatting makes it easier. I honestly believe that the way that current toilets are designed is the reason why we have so many problems going. Toilets are often to high for us short people and it's not natural to poop in a sitting position. If you're in the woods and need to poop you will more than likely squat and find that your poop is longer and you wont feel like there is more poop left in your bowel, you will have complete elimination. My husband thinks it's weird what I do but he's tall so he doesn't understand how hard it is to poop when your knees are below your hips and I used to spend hours on the toilet just trying to push out poop and would be so frustrated. Not being regular really effects your mental state.

I don't want to go too deep into the theory and most times when I post in these threads I feel as if I'm wasting my energy because most think it's stupid advice but if you happen to be one of those people open to trying something new then definitely google "squatting to poop" and you will find tons of articles on why it's beneficial and that you wont have to deal with constipation as much. I don't use stool softeners or laxatives because they cause problems days later and you will more than likely end up back in the same situation. Drinking lots of Water has helped me and so has squatting. Good Luck[/quote']

I agree. In some countries people squat to poop in a hole in the floor. It is the best way to go. If you can get a squatting platform then do it. It's so much better for you.

I am a week out post-op as of yesterday. I had problems before, now it's worse. I have probably not had a B.M. In at least 8to 9 days. I don't feel weird though. I have taken stool softness, vegetable laxative, and tonight I bought Milk of Magnesia, which I can not stand. I forgot that I can't

Chug it down, so I only got in about about 2 teaspoons. I have had a difficult time getting much done at all food wise. I am still on liquids and trying to retrain myself to take tiny sips is going to be a long process. My boyfriend told me to get straws, I just got back from Wally World with those, more gas strips, and more sugar free drinks. I am not going to worry about it, but I have probably only got in about 300 calories a day, if that. How long did it take everyone before you could swallow more without a big bubble ?

OP did u poop yet

The mineral oil enema didn't seem to really help, but the mag citrate seems to be doing the trick little by little. I'm already feeling better. Still bloated, but that will pass when everything passes.

I am a week out post-op as of yesterday. I had problems before' date=' now it's worse. I have probably not had a B.M. In at least 8to 9 days. I don't feel weird though. I have taken stool softness, vegetable laxative, and tonight I bought Milk of Magnesia, which I can not stand. I forgot that I can't

Chug it down, so I only got in about about 2 teaspoons. I have had a difficult time getting much done at all food wise. I am still on liquids and trying to retrain myself to take tiny sips is going to be a long process. My boyfriend told me to get straws, I just got back from Wally World with those, more gas strips, and more sugar free drinks. I am not going to worry about it, but I have probably only got in about 300 calories a day, if that. How long did it take everyone before you could swallow more without a big bubble ?

[/quote']

Straws will facilitate gas getting into your body. I don't recommend drinking from straws at all. Find out what your office's take on this is. As lenient as my Bariatric center seems with the diet progression this is one of the few things they emphasized we don't do.