Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fecal Impaction... tmi... HELP!

I'm so glad the mag citrate helped! Like I said before I have had patients die from impaction....what's worse is that it seems like they were having a heart attack. I work with the criminally insane, so they aren't very good at reporting bm's. when they are on Thorazine we have to keep charts of their bm's...literally have to ask them 3 times a day if they had one, and for some we make them come and get us to look at their poop in the toilet! It's a $hitty job, but someone's gotta do it....lol ;)

I usually don't post on topics like this because I always end up looking like a crazy person for saying what I do. Well here it goes: I've dealt with Constipation since I was a very young child. My butt has been through a lot of painful stools and I wouldn't be surprised if my butt hole has actually shrunk because of all the ripping and tearing that I've experienced over the years (scar tissue). I now squat to poop. I know it sounds weird but it helps get all the poop out and not just little pellets. I use a squatting platform. I'm not saying that squatting to poop makes the issue of constipation go away but when your poop is impacted and very hard to push out, squatting makes it easier. I honestly believe that the way that current toilets are designed is the reason why we have so many problems going. Toilets are often to high for us short people and it's not natural to poop in a sitting position. If you're in the woods and need to poop you will more than likely squat and find that your poop is longer and you wont feel like there is more poop left in your bowel, you will have complete elimination. My husband thinks it's weird what I do but he's tall so he doesn't understand how hard it is to poop when your knees are below your hips and I used to spend hours on the toilet just trying to push out poop and would be so frustrated. Not being regular really effects your mental state.

I don't want to go too deep into the theory and most times when I post in these threads I feel as if I'm wasting my energy because most think it's stupid advice but if you happen to be one of those people open to trying something new then definitely google "squatting to poop" and you will find tons of articles on why it's beneficial and that you wont have to deal with constipation as much. I don't use stool softeners or laxatives because they cause problems days later and you will more than likely end up back in the same situation. Drinking lots of Water has helped me and so has squatting. Good Luck

This post isn't crazy at all - it's brilliant actually. When I lived in Japan I tried squatting and you are absolutely right. I'd never heard of a squatting platform until you mentioned it above, I'm shopping now! :o

I usually don't post on topics like this because I always end up looking like a crazy person for saying what I do. Well here it goes: I've dealt with Constipation since I was a very young child. My butt has been through a lot of painful stools and I wouldn't be surprised if my butt hole has actually shrunk because of all the ripping and tearing that I've experienced over the years (scar tissue). I now squat to poop. I know it sounds weird but it helps get all the poop out and not just little pellets. I use a squatting platform. I'm not saying that squatting to poop makes the issue of constipation go away but when your poop is impacted and very hard to push out' date=' squatting makes it easier. I honestly believe that the way that current toilets are designed is the reason why we have so many problems going. Toilets are often to high for us short people and it's not natural to poop in a sitting position. If you're in the woods and need to poop you will more than likely squat and find that your poop is longer and you wont feel like there is more poop left in your bowel, you will have complete elimination. My husband thinks it's weird what I do but he's tall so he doesn't understand how hard it is to poop when your knees are below your hips and I used to spend hours on the toilet just trying to push out poop and would be so frustrated. Not being regular really effects your mental state.

I don't want to go too deep into the theory and most times when I post in these threads I feel as if I'm wasting my energy because most think it's stupid advice but if you happen to be one of those people open to trying something new then definitely google "squatting to poop" and you will find tons of articles on why it's beneficial and that you wont have to deal with constipation as much. I don't use stool softeners or laxatives because they cause problems days later and you will more than likely end up back in the same situation. Drinking lots of Water has helped me and so has squatting. Good Luck[/quote']

Good information. Thanks for deciding to share.

I usually don't post on topics like this because I always end up looking like a crazy person for saying what I do. Well here it goes: I've dealt with Constipation since I was a very young child. My butt has been through a lot of painful stools and I wouldn't be surprised if my butt hole has actually shrunk because of all the ripping and tearing that I've experienced over the years (scar tissue). I now squat to poop. I know it sounds weird but it helps get all the poop out and not just little pellets. I use a squatting platform. I'm not saying that squatting to poop makes the issue of constipation go away but when your poop is impacted and very hard to push out' date=' squatting makes it easier. I honestly believe that the way that current toilets are designed is the reason why we have so many problems going. Toilets are often to high for us short people and it's not natural to poop in a sitting position. If you're in the woods and need to poop you will more than likely squat and find that your poop is longer and you wont feel like there is more poop left in your bowel, you will have complete elimination. My husband thinks it's weird what I do but he's tall so he doesn't understand how hard it is to poop when your knees are below your hips and I used to spend hours on the toilet just trying to push out poop and would be so frustrated. Not being regular really effects your mental state.

I don't want to go too deep into the theory and most times when I post in these threads I feel as if I'm wasting my energy because most think it's stupid advice but if you happen to be one of those people open to trying something new then definitely google "squatting to poop" and you will find tons of articles on why it's beneficial and that you wont have to deal with constipation as much. I don't use stool softeners or laxatives because they cause problems days later and you will more than likely end up back in the same situation. Drinking lots of Water has helped me and so has squatting. Good Luck[/quote']

Thanks for sharing.

The mineral oil enema didn't seem to really help, but the mag citrate seems to be doing the trick little by little. I'm already feeling better. Still bloated, but that will pass when everything passes.

The scale will probably go down also!! :) So glad things are moving for you!

I just ordered a "squatty potty" from www.squattypotty.com. It is a stand that fits in front of the toilet. You place your feet on the stand and is places your body position in the "perfect" pooping position. I saw it on the Dr. Oz show a few months ago. I hope this helps. good luck.

coffee is a laxative... milk..the cream soups...sry u backed up..I'm the complete opposite. .soon after I eat..I'm on the toilet...smh

This is awesome. I only use it once every 3 days. Don't use more than recommended. This is a natural laxative. I use it the day after my Iron pill

Thank you! I'm going to check it out. Tea is probably much better than drinking mag citrate.

I really appreciate everyone's help.