Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers - Who else

In order to fix the problem, revision surgery is needed. I go in Tuesday for surgery. Had a very long conversation with doctor and this is what's needed. Just wanted to update.

I am awaiting surgery date. Confirmed yesterday that my stomach is now twisted. It is a result from losing so much to quickly. My body adjusted great to the surgery and I lost a lot quick. When this happens it is a risk I guess. Awaiting surgery date and it's pretty much getting the sleeve all over again, plus more. They will go in, take staples out, re staple and attach the new pouch to tissues me the wall of stomach to prevent any twisting. Hospital stay averages 2 or three days and same pre op and post op diet as when I originally got sleeved. Stressed and anxious but keeping the positive attitude of 'everything happens for a reason'. Thanks for everyone's support and I'll keep you updated when I get my surgery date.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

Can also say not only did I hit 200 land this week last week I bought 46 waist paints down from 56-58 waist

Congratulations on reaching a great milestone!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for the update Ren. Prayers up that all goes well on Tuesday, you have aspect recovery, and that there are no more complications.

Thanks guys! The thoughts and prayers are much appreciated! My nerves are shot at this point :/

Hi Mary! It will be billed to my insurance AFTER the surgery is done. It is medically required so I am hoping they will, if not I'm sure they will cover at least 80% of it, and if that's the case that will leave me with a bill after they cover the 80% of about $3,000. It's needed so have to do what I have to do!

Gosh, it sounds such a minefield with paying for stuff! My thoughts are with you though - hope things get sorted as quickly as possible for you x

In order to fix the problem, revision surgery is needed. I go in Tuesday for surgery. Had a very long conversation with doctor and this is what's needed. Just wanted to update.

Keep us in the loop, Ren. I know everything will be fine :)

Go in tomorrow at 8:40am, surgery at 10:10am. The nerves are kickin in! Keeping a positive attitude :-)

Go in tomorrow at 8:40am, surgery at 10:10am. The nerves are kickin in! Keeping a positive attitude :-)

Positivity is key. I know things will work out fine :)

Positivity is key. I know things will work out fine :)

Thanks Barb!!

We're all thinking about you. You got this!

We're all thinking about you. You got this!

Thanks Seela! Means a lot!

Hi October sleevers!! Everyone looks so good!! I haven't been on here in a while but will start checking back in. I was sleeved 10/7/13. I went from 261 highest and is currently 208. I have slacked some but I am back on track. I have my 6 month check up next month and pray to get the 8 pounds off by then!

post-182556-0-58157400-1395225662_thumb.jpg

I am so impressed by everybody on here - October was obviously a good month for Sleevers!

I've had a week of NSVs this week - just come back from skiing in Austria. Covered 300 miles in a week and had no problem keeping up with my ultra-fit dad and brother! Then went out for dinner with my new man on Saturday and had no problem squeezing through tiny gaps between tables!

Mentally I am struggling a little bit though - I am down from 240lb to 154 and I know that within the next 20 or so pounds I am going to be having to start maintaining rather than still losing - and the thought terrifies me. Losing weight has been my life since October now and I think I will feel lost when I'm not losing anymore. Also, I still feel absolutely huge and I really can't see that in 20lb time I will be any happier with the size I am. Have an appointment with my surgeon and his team at the beginning of April so will mention it to them, but if any of you lovely people have any thoughts, they would be appreciated!