Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved two weeks ago today. I had a one week liquid diet prior to that. In those three weeks, I've lost 32 lbs. I'm getting around 700 calories per day right now the day. The protien shakes are a decent chunk of that. I'm a big guy, so I'm sure I burn quite a bit during the day. But for the past 3 days, I've been stuck at the same weight. Everyone says that you stall 3 to 4 weeks out, but I assumed that was after the surgery (not counting the liquid diet). So I'm stalling after 2 weeks.

Anybody else stall this early? I'm worried that I'm doing something wrong because I just started to add some really soft foods in, but my calories are always right around 700/day.

Thanks

You sound like you're on track. Of course if you can get more cals in that would be good.

All of us are different. I've been stalled now for almost 8 of my 10 weeks. However I'm getting great inch loss. Most of us stall some time in the first few weeks.

Normally most people see the scale move after a week or 2. I'm apparently a stall over achiever.

Keep doing what you're doing as far as Protein, cals, and low carbs and you should do great.

I was sleeved two weeks ago today. I had a one week liquid diet prior to that. In those three weeks' date=' I've lost 32 lbs. I'm getting around 700 calories per day right now the day. The protien shakes are a decent chunk of that. I'm a big guy, so I'm sure I burn quite a bit during the day. But for the past 3 days, I've been stuck at the same weight. Everyone says that you stall 3 to 4 weeks out, but I assumed that was after the surgery (not counting the liquid diet). So I'm stalling after 2 weeks.

Anybody else stall this early? I'm worried that I'm doing something wrong because I just started to add some really soft foods in, but my calories are always right around 700/day.

Thanks[/quote']

My husband and I slowed way down too and we are 16 Days out. From seeing all the posts here, I know this stuff can and will drive me crazy if I let it. I'm working VERY hard to step on the scale, step off the scale, say "whatever" and go back to doing what I need to with re Protein and Water.

The is one if the areas where I think all of us who have dieted and succeeded and/or failed have to change our behavior. Previously, we'd work at it, but the moment it seemed like we were not losing weight, or "it wasn't working", that was permission to give up. I won't do that again.

I told myself before surgery that this time, I was going to focus on doing the right things, and not focus exclusively on the outcome.

Now to see if I succeed at that :)

Do try not to worry about the plateau. You've lost 32 lbs and your body is regrouping. It'll come off when if should.

Funny that I was just coming on the site to look into the same thing. Sleeved two weeks ago and after losing the surgery weight I was losing 2 lbs. a day. Now nothing. I have slowly introduced purees and greek yogurt over the past few days, but mainly am on shakes as they are easier. Going to the gym to do some walking tonight to see if that helps. Best of luck breaking the stall.

I was sleeved June 19th and stalled 2 weeks out. Very common. Your body is healing and holding onto the weight. I stalled for a week and it started dropping again. Just do what u are doing , sip Water and walk if u can. The weight will start to drop like crazy. Down 57 pounds since pre op diet.

Dustin, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I recently went to purée and I am getting about the same number of calories as you and I am stalling. It is maddening but very normal from what I have read. Eventually the body will heal and things will normalize and the weight will come off. Keep the faith, man!

Everyone, there is a link in my sig explaining the 3 week stall. You're not doing anything wrong and there is really nothing you can or should do to "fix" this. Just give it time and it will correct itself. Check out the link and don't stress too much about it. And yes, the "3 week" stall is just a ball park time frame, not an exact term.

Everyone' date=' there is a link in my sig explaining the 3 week stall. You're not doing anything wrong and there is really nothing you can or should do to "fix" this. Just give it time and it will correct itself. Check out the link and don't stress too much about it. And yes, the "3 week" stall is just a ball park time frame, not an exact term.[/quote']

What is a sig? Where can I find it? I would like to read the link too.

Thanks Butterthebean, I have read the article, it all makes sense. I still don't know what a sig is though!

Sig = signature. If you go in the website, it's the information below someone's post. Under everyone of mine there is a link to the article. I thought at one time we could see them on the mobile apps, but not anymore.

Ooh! I do all of my lurking on my iPad. I have never been to the website. I read everything you have to say, also Fiddleman and Lauraven. My three gurus at the moment. Well nearly everything I have not been into all thousands of posts! Anyway thank you for replying so quickly it's 0800 here so you must be up late!

Here's what it looks like. Somewhere in there is a link to that article.

And I'm in Texas so it's 5pm here. Just guessing but are you down under?

post-17584-13813669034402_thumb.jpg