Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

When you want to succeed you look to the successful. If you want to become a millionaire you go out and read up on how other millionaires made their millions. When you get a self help book look to those who were successful in the end.

We all have our moments but we have to press through. (self pep talk)

With or without the band you have to EXERCISE AND EAT RIGHT

This fight is not over. We have set some short term goals. In 12 days it will be time to set another set of goals for Summer.

Like Shoresexy said ...

Bootcamp will start in two weeks..... We are in prep mode right now..

You guys are awesome. Thank you for everyone's kind words. I can't stand to be down so I am never down for long.:)

Avilla you are doing a great job on the running, keep it going girl. You have shaken your body up and it has not choice but to submit.

Shoresexy you are the bomb. You are one to lead by example. I am so proud of what you have done. Girl you are the 1 I will be looking to for guidance.

Alohajenn aloha welcome aboard you have done a great job using your tool. This is a great thread for motivation through your short term goals reaching towards your long term goals.

Kareyquilts I love that your ticker is moving right along. You are more then halfway way to goal. WOOHOOO

Turner24 thanks girl. I am happy that your hubby's reports were negative. It's just another reminder to Live Life Now. Keep it going on the M/E girl.

Tann I have never met someone so disciplined. I admire your determination and discipline to the M/E and working that tool.

How are you doing niceyrenee?????????

Oh, ok I suppose. I started that 30 hour famine yesterday at noon that my youth group is doing and what a disappointment that has been. I thought that just having Protein Shakes and Water along with a lot of walking and playing that I would have at least dropped a pound. Of course not, what was I thinking anyway?!? :frusty: Ugh! I am fighting the down in the dumpness right now. It must be because it cloudy outside and lightly raining. I'll blame the weather.

Tomorrow I am going to start m/e again. I am going to do it for several days and see what kinda results I get. I really want to get back below 325 before my wedding anniversary on 3/18. I was below that but now I am setting at 327. I would love to be below 300 by Memorial Day! That's my goal right now. No getting discouraged if I don't make it though. On 10/29/06 when I started the preop diet, I weighed 405 lbs. so I have already come a long way! There's my pep talk to self today! Now I need to lift my head up, keep chugging along and knock those pounds off!:boxing:

Okay ladies,

Tell me what is involved in this boot camp thing. I'm 2 months out from my banding and down 25 pounds, but the weight loss has stalled since I started exercising (go figure!) I don't mind kicking it up a notch if it gets results, I got this thing for a reason - to lose one half of myself.

Nice to meet everyone, looking forward to sharing the ups and downs with you (but mostly the downs on the scales!!!) - I did do my inches the other day and I'm down 10 1/2 which has helped me deal with the scale not moving.

Later,

Amy:)

310/285/155

Niceyrenee- Don't get down! you are doing great!!!!!!!:clap2: I'm sure you will make your goal before your anniversary! If not, think of all the "exercise" you will be getting in that night:heh:

I am having a bad day too! I drank a regular coke this morning. Just HAD to have it. I am going to be good from now on though! :guess

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!

Turner24

Welcome Aboard cdgmom:clap2: :clap2: - You have officially started. Make a commitment to yourself that you will succeed. You will exercise, drink your Water and eat right everyday.

Awww you are so fresh, so cute. LOL We all started out like that. Don't worry you will be bitter in no time.

DROP AND GIVE ME 20 SIT UPS!!!!

Glad to see the Sarg, feeling better:clap2:

Sunday Morning is my weigh in day:phanvan I'll post the results.

For the one's whose doing the m/e if the scale is good to me, I'm getting off the m/e Sunday because I want me some stri fry orka with onions for dinner:hungry: .:guess

Oh, ok I suppose. I started that 30 hour famine yesterday at noon that my youth group is doing and what a disappointment that has been. I thought that just having Protein Shakes and Water along with a lot of walking and playing that I would have at least dropped a pound. Of course not, what was I thinking anyway?!? :frusty: Ugh! I am fighting the down in the dumpness right now. It must be because it cloudy outside and lightly raining. I'll blame the weather.

Tomorrow I am going to start m/e again. I am going to do it for several days and see what kinda results I get. I really want to get back below 325 before my wedding anniversary on 3/18. I was below that but now I am setting at 327. I would love to be below 300 by Memorial Day! That's my goal right now. No getting discouraged if I don't make it though. On 10/29/06 when I started the preop diet, I weighed 405 lbs. so I have already come a long way! There's my pep talk to self today! Now I need to lift my head up, keep chugging along and knock those pounds off!:boxing:

Denise, isn't it just GREAT just to be out of the 400's, that was one of my depressed times in my life:huytsao You're come a long way in such a short time:scared:

Since my band was opened up to let that darn sundried Tomato that was stuck (1/30/07) I have had no restriction... I was on like a honeymoon! I could eat again and I did! THEN REALITY KNOCKED ON MY FRONT DOOR! My jeans were too tight, and my rings started to be harder to get off and on. OMG :faint: Since 3/1/07 I have been working hard! Back to the food journaling and pushing on the exercise and it has seemed to pay off today's weigh in let me know I have dropped three of the eight I gained! WOO HOOO my adjustment isn't till the 20th (one day before boot camp thank the Good Lord!) but proud to see that I can work hard to get back some of those honeymoon pounds!

Not sure if I could stand the m/e diet? I tried it once and I was sooooo constipated that I amost had to go to the emergency room. Thankfully I called and asked them if they could give me any advice because they didn't want me there screaming from the john. They were soooo sweet and supportive, they said I had to drink that horrible bowel cleansing stuff as if I was going to have surgery....... KKKKKKKAAAAABBBBOOOOMMMMM!

it did the trick... (what a strange story to have shared but there ya go!) so I will stick to my regular diet. You guys are really committed. What a great frame of mind! I can't wait to see the numbers drop during boot camp.Cause Sarge will be taking names and numbers!

Jen

I know now why I have been sick and moody and depressed, I went to the hospital last night to find out Im PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am due halloween. So just thought id share.

OMG!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! How you feeling about it? I know a girl in our support group who's lap band was only one month old when she too became pregnant! She actually continued to loose while eating well and exercising. She gave birth to a 9lb baby boy and all went well.

:flypig: :dance: :whoo: :hug: :)Congrats Mourning!!! Don't worry about:funscale: the scale, focus on a healthy baby.

Oh my goodness>Theres gonna be a baby in da houseeee!!!Yipee, I just love babys!! I hope that this was good news for you...I know that it probably didnt come at the right time for you, but it never does...Just embrase it and enjoy!!!

As for me: I started out great

8 oz chocolate whey (breakfast)then it went downhill

baked a cake for my husbands work and wanted to make sure that it turned out good so also made one for the house to taste first, of course I had to taste it 3 times to make sure the first 2 tastes werent wrong (yep they were right, it was good)!! Was an applesause spice cake...I used the non sweetened applesause and used splenda instead of sugar....Then had most of a slice of pizza for lunch...And dont quite know what we are doing for dinner!!!

So, I did get in alot of Water today but didnt keep track of exactly how much, but I am sure it was enough

13 runs around the yard and 21 walks around the yard...And feel like I need to do it all again but dont think my legs would keep up for another round!!! I will weigh in on Sunday and I want to be over the 60 lb mark by then...I have been working very very hard this past week and I want something to show for my hard work!!!I am going to put the cake behind me and move on from here!!