Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

Its official, I lost nothing for the entire month of February!!! The entire month was spent fighting the same couple of pounds and it appears that in the end I lost...But there is always next month...I just have to remember that last month was great for me with a 9 lb loss and it cant always be that way...I am working on it and plan to do alot better this month (I hope)

:biggrin1: Avilla- Don't you dare get down on yourself girlie!:scared: I can't wait till the day I can put my ticker on 60lbs lost:clap2: . I am fighting to get the 3 more off to say 40!:nervous

Tann, Janet C & Niecyrenee- I plan to do the M/E diet starting tomorrow!!:D I am going to do M/E through the week and veggies as a treat for weekends! Question:confused: Can I have cheese? Where do you get the strips to test urine to see if in ketoacidosis Tann?? After tonight my life will settle down a little:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I am excited about trying the M/E thing.

Teresita- What a great idea!! I am so lazy:notagree I never even thought about walking in place while they are in Karate class:scared: Thanks for the suggestion!!

Well, My DH has surgery tomorrow to remove a suspicious lump in his breast:rolleyes . I haven't said anything here but I think the stress and worry are sabatoging my diet efforts:nervous . The biopsy was inconclusive....just said "abnormal" cells but not definately any cancer. I just want it out and then we will know for sure what we are dealing with. The surgeon did say he didn't think it was cancer. Male breast cancer is very very rare.:clap2: I would appreciate your prayers tomorrow if you think of it :) . I will post on Monday and let you know how it went. My home computer blew up and I only have internet access at the moment at work! Sometimes I think it would help to log on and read some wt loss and inspirational posts at night when I want to snack :hungry:

Well have a great weekend everyone!! Hey sarge! We need the weekend challenge early so I know what to do! Any suggestions??? The stairs are killing me LOL!! That's a good thing though!

Turner24

YES SIR SARGE!!!!

I GAVE AWAY THE OTHER SLEEVE OF THIN MINT Cookies THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

:biggrin1: Avilla- Don't you dare get down on yourself girlie!:scared: I can't wait till the day I can put my ticker on 60lbs lost:clap2: . I am fighting to get the 3 more off to say 40!:nervous

Tann, Janet C & Niecyrenee- I plan to do the M/E diet starting tomorrow!!:D I am going to do M/E through the week and veggies as a treat for weekends! Question:confused: Can I have cheese? Where do you get the strips to test urine to see if in ketoacidosis Tann?? After tonight my life will settle down a little:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I am excited about trying the M/E thing.

Teresita- What a great idea!! I am so lazy:notagree I never even thought about walking in place while they are in Karate class:scared: Thanks for the suggestion!!

Well, My DH has surgery tomorrow to remove a suspicious lump in his breast:rolleyes . I haven't said anything here but I think the stress and worry are sabatoging my diet efforts:nervous . The biopsy was inconclusive....just said "abnormal" cells but not definately any cancer. I just want it out and then we will know for sure what we are dealing with. The surgeon did say he didn't think it was cancer. Male breast cancer is very very rare.:clap2: I would appreciate your prayers tomorrow if you think of it :) . I will post on Monday and let you know how it went. My home computer blew up and I only have internet access at the moment at work! Sometimes I think it would help to log on and read some wt loss and inspirational posts at night when I want to snack :hungry:

Well have a great weekend everyone!! Hey sarge! We need the weekend challenge early so I know what to do! Any suggestions??? The stairs are killing me LOL!! That's a good thing though!

Turner24

Well of course you have all of our thoughts and prayers girls

Avilla-some months are like that no weightloss, hang in there tho, keep making the right choices, this month you will see a loss, stay on course.:biggrin1:

Turner- I have already said a prayer for your DH and I believe the Lord has already taken care of the problem. I said a prayer for you and your family also.

The ketone strips I found at Walgreens, they are behind the counter so the cashier have to get them for you. I checked Walmart first they said they stopped ordering them:huytsao

Turner, that is a great idea you have of doing the m/e for 5 days and veggies during the weekend as a treat. I'm gonna do that too:biggrin1: So that means I have to stay on the m/e one more day:faint: eight days in a row:cry :nervous Good job in giving away the cookies:clap2:

NIECY- How are you doing on the m/e? How did the work luncheon go?

SARG T--Thanks, it is all surreal to me too. Sometimes I think this is all a dream, you gonna make me start crying:think . Sometimes I feel like one morning I am gonna wake up and be over 400 lbs again. I was in my 400's for about 6 long years. The rest of the time I was in the 350's and up group. It's a daily struggle making the right decisions but Thank God I must say it is getting alot easier. I am praying for you too, I want you to be out of the 300's this year. I really think the key for you is greatly cutting back on your carbs. I really think you should try the m/e for 3 days and see if it works for you.

With me the more I lose the more I don't want to cheat, I'm curious to see how I will look by the end of this year, come on Sarg, meet me there.

Avilla-some months are like that no weightloss, hang in there tho, keep making the right choices, this month you will see a loss, stay on course.:biggrin1:

Turner- I have already said a prayer for your DH and I believe the Lord has already taken care of the problem. I said a prayer for you and your family also.

The ketone strips I found at Walgreens, they are behind the counter so the cashier have to get them for you. I checked Walmart first they said they stopped ordering them:huytsao

Turner, that is a great idea you have of doing the m/e for 5 days and veggies during the weekend as a treat. I'm gonna do that too:biggrin1: So that means I have to stay on the m/e one more day:faint: eight days in a row:cry :nervous Good job in giving away the cookies:clap2:

NIECY- How are you doing on the m/e? How did the work luncheon go?

SARG T--Thanks, it is all surreal to me too. Sometimes I think this is all a dream, you gonna make me start crying:think . Sometimes I feel like one morning I am gonna wake up and be over 400 lbs again. I was in my 400's for about 6 long years. The rest of the time I was in the 350's and up group. It's a daily struggle making the right decisions but Thank God I must say it is getting alot easier. I am praying for you too, I want you to be out of the 300's this year. I really think the key for you is greatly cutting back on your carbs. I really think you should try the m/e for 3 days and see if it works for you.

With me the more I lose the more I don't want to cheat, I'm curious to see how I will look by the end of this year, come on Sarg, meet me there.

You mentioning keytones reminded me that I havent mentioned my sons appt on Tuesday with the nutritionist...The visit went well and she said that apparently we were doing everything right now since he was losing so much weight...12 lbs now since last month...Hes doing great...She has him on 30 carbs per meal and a snack or 2 during the day since he is working out...I did take advantage of the situation and asked her some things about my band and she did confirm something for me which another dr had said was a myth, there is such a thing as the dreaded "starvation mode" and you do have to make sure that you get in enough calories...The last dr I went to for my fill said that the less calories the better since your body wont have to work as hard to burn them off...So, she pretty much went against everything that he said...She also recommended some Vitamins called "juice plus"...Its a bottle of a vegetable blend then a bottle of a fruit blend...I have to take 2 of the fruit ones in the morning and 2 of the veggie at night with 8 oz of water...Its suppose to equal out to 6-7 servings of fruits and veggies a day...So my sons godmother bought me a month supply to see how they work...They also have a website too...She also said that if i get them from the web site that they would be cheaper and she could send in a letter to them and my son would get a free year supply also if I signed up due to a study that they are donig...Just trying to keep everyone updated on what I found out

Ok so I'm back. I had my appt with my lapband dr on Tuesday. I've lost 6 pounds in the past 6 weeks putting me at -42. I got another fill which is working well for me. I'm at 1.6 now. Glad to be back!

Turner24 I will be praying for you guys. I will have to get that challenge quick for you. Give me a second. Oh yeah good job on those Cookies, I know the feeling my daughter was a daisy and brownie for a few years and she was the top seller for 3 years and you wanna know why I'm so big. Hu

Tann Thanks, I will try to cut back on my carbs and my overall intake.

Avilla great job, thanks for the informtion on the Vitamins. I know you son is tickled pink ok purple he's a boy.

Josettte great job you go girl. I'm going to be able to swing you even faster now.

Hello everyone! I apologize for being gone so long...No excuses though....I'm here, doing OK and pushing myself daily. I'm glad to hear about everyones success. I know everyone has their "not so good" days so you get back up on the horse and keep riding...You guys are all awesome and have helped me in ways you could never imagine. I thank you all for that!!!!

My post for today:

2.5 miles of brisk power walking ( i was in a foul mood and the SALES got to me so I went shopping for the other 2.5 miles I didn't walk...:faint: )

B: WW bagel with 1/4 cup egg beater (scrambled), 2 slices of turkey, 1 slice of cheese, and I can't believe it's not butter...

24.5 ounces of crystal lite

L: 1 small buirger w/ let, tomatoes, mushrooms, swiss cheese and only the bottom opf the bun, 1 pickle spear, 4 tsp. of potato salad

16 ounces of Decaf coffe w/ sweetner and light cream

D: not sure yet...I'll let you know...

Thanks guys for all your support!!!!

Blessings and smooches!!!!:kiss2:

Olga

Hey y'all:heh: My banniversary in next Wednesday 3-7 are y'all planning on giving me a surprise party:confused: Is it casual or formal:biggrin1: I'll act surprised I promise:D

Hey y'all:heh: My banniversary in next Wednesday 3-7 are y'all planning on giving me a surprise party:confused: Is it casual or formal:biggrin1: I'll act surprised I promise:D

Happy early Banniversary!!!!!!!! Geez, look how far you have come in the last year...You go girl!!! You have alot to be proud of...You have come a long long way...I was hoping to say that I had all mine gone by the end of my banniversary in June but its just not looking too promising for me right now...This 60 lb hump bump has me stumped...Wish I had just a little bit of what you got going on for you girl!!!

It is not always easy to lose weight but I believe that each one of us is winning the battle. We are putting in daily thought on food and exercise. We are falling off the wagon but most importanly not staying on the ground and crying.:clap2:

This IS Getting Ready for Spring BootCamp which was a goal setter and to stay motivated through the cold months. This thread has successfully kept us ahead of the game. If you lose some weight in the process WOHOOO if you did not, still WOOHOOO because you didn't give up.:clap2:

We are here to stay focused on the long term goal, everyone's goals are different but the same. I have found that in life it is easier to make short term goals (a plan) to reach that long term goal (goal weight). :)

We have 19 Days until the first calendar day of Spring March 21, 2007.:clap2:

Thank you guys for hanging in here with me. It has been a real test for me but I for one am going to kick it up a notch for the rest of this challenge.:clap2:

I know i've been away lately. I have been so depressed and discuraged with weightloss. I am thinking about having my band taken out and having the gastric bypass. I know that sounds nuts but really i dont eat what i used to b ut i still do not lose weight just stay the same. im tired of PB every time i eat real food. i have to live os runny mashed potatoes and quite frankly it sucks. I am at this point in m y life where im going at this cross road and I need to make up my mind. Have I excercised? NO,Not like most do, it hurts to walk and my hips hurt when i do. I wanted to join a gym but... theres sooo many people that would stare or laugh....