Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

Hi Turner, I'm starting m/e with you too:heh: I'm doing Mon-Fri this week, I really did carb up this weekend:cry I felt sick and guilty:faint: This Saturday when I carb up I'm sticking strickly to veggies:nervous It's great news about your DH, and good he is starting with you:clap2:

After all of my running yesterday the scale didnt move an inch...But I am sore down to the bone today...I am going to keep up with my new way of working out just to see if it makes much of a difference...I am thinking that it ought to kick in soon and I ought to see some pounds start to come off...I will be keeping my fingers crossed anyways

OK where to begin...

Lets see feb 28 was my 10th anniversary and we had a party to Celebrate. Thre was a ton of food and cake...lots of cake. I ate mostly hummus and taco dip. I figure that had the most protin and least fat of ev erything. I cooked baked ziti, taquitos, pinwheels, etc...

well no one took the leftovers home so I wound up eating it during the week.:phanvan This past sunday my nephew was Baptized and of course we had a ton of food. This is more then 2 mos after the lap band was put in and I was outta controll! I have been eating every 2 hours like a cup of food or more and my stomach was still growling for more. My birthday is in 3 weeks and so I opted to have my band filled today. We are having a party for my birthday as well! 35 years. Ohh not to mention a party on St.Patricks day!

So I had the fill done. They had to "find" the port! tHEY STUCK ME 10 TIMES! Ouch! i'm still sore from it. :) They put in 3.5cc.

At least I haven't gained any weight! :clap2:

I was surprised because I have been eating carbs and junk the last 3 weeks! I have't been tothe gym in like 3 weeks either. I am lucky that I haven't gained and should take it as a one time grace period and get back to doin this thing right! I am on liquids for 3 days and puree for 3 days before I can eat. I feel like a tightness arround my neck but I had that after the band was placed as well.

So here are my stats:

12/28/07 preop 350

1/12/07 preop 345

1/16/07 preop 343

1/22/07 banded 343

2/1/07 post op visit 328

2/9/07 nutritionist visit 322

3/6/07 first fill 3.5cc 318

Ok, today my workout was 10 times around the yard running and 14 walking...that is 1 more time than yesterday on my runs and 2 more than the day before...I foresee it getting easier as time goes by...What made it better today was that my son actually got out there and had a contest with me thinking he was going to kick my butt and he only got 8 times running and 10 times walking so I am pretty proud of that and plus I am proud of him for atleast trying

Avilla- Its great your running around your yard!:clap2: What an inspiration for your son! Maybe you two can do it together:clap2: . How is he doing w/his diet? I pray his sugars stay under control! Its good you are a good example for him; he can see the payoff in you!:o

This M/E diet is getting really hard for me:rolleyes I have trouble tolerating meat. does anyone else run into this? :help: My DH went on it w/me. He fixed baked pork loins last night. I chewed and chewed and chewed. I still ended up PB'ing it up!:sick My stomach hurt for an hour! Then I was starving. I cooked me some scrambled eggs and cheese but I don't particularly care for eggs and I am struggling to stay on this. Only 2more days after today though:clap2: Then I can have salad! I have tuna for lunch. I really miss crackers! Hopefully the scale will be down on Monday and I will have renewed willpower!!:) I can't tolerate roast either. What are you guys on the M/E diet getting down?? I am allergic to chicken and turkey, but aside from that what does your day look like for food?

Yesterday:

boiled egg-breakfast

tuna salad-lunch

string cheese-snack

3bites pork loin= PB

scrambled eggs and cheese- dinner

2 squares colby cheese(from cheese block)- snack

40 oz Water

20 oz crystal light

Its supposed to be nice this weekend. I am going to run around the backyard this weekend for my weekend challenge :Banane43: I can probably only make it about 10 times though. :faint:

Take care everyone! Keep up all the great work!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Turner24

Thanks turner...He has been doing really good...Last time we checked he had lost 12 lbs...He is one of those people that doesnt want to weigh in until he goes to the dr...So he has another appt with the nutritionist on the 27th and we will see how hes doing...From the looks of him it looks like he has lost quite a bit...So i am keeping my fingers crossed for him

Morning Funeral: Have you talked to your doctor about the GB? I can imagine your frustration. I feel your pain. I think the band is wonderful and could still work for you, but if your having difficulty eating real food it doesn't sound like it's working very well for you. Keep posting here and let us give you some support. You're not your weight and you're a worthwhile person no matter what. Don't give up. You're worth the fight! I wish you the best!

Turner, don't push yourself, if you need to come off then do it. Some people can only do it for about 3 days at a time. This is what I've been eating:

B-- hot decaff tea or decaff coffee

L--sliced roast beef:hungry:

D--hamburger pattie

other meats I've been eating...

beef ribs

cube steak

chix

ground turkey

turkey bacon, fried hard

This is day 3 of 7 for me. I needed to be on thru the weekend because that's when I eat too much junk, but when I'm on the m/e I stay faithful:rolleyes And water/sf waters

Ok, for me today:

8 oz chocolate whey (breakfast)

pack of wheat and cheese crackers and some carrots (lunch)

scrambled eggs, a couple small sausage links (planned dinner)

8 oz orange water

40 oz Water (so far)

8 oz mango flavored green tea

13 run laps around the yard

19 walk laps around the yard

each day I am adding just a little bit more, we will have to see how it treats me at the end of the week cuz so far its not doing anything for my weight, but that could be cuz I am adding muscle...I am trying to give myself the benifit of the doubt here

I am going to lay down, every muscle in my legs are killing me and somehow I pulled my left butt cheek...My bed is calling my name

Sorry I haven't been around the last several days. Work has been insane!!

Update: I am currently off the m/e for a few days. I did really well at first with it but the last two days weren't so good. I wasn't taking a Fiber supplement and learned the hard way what it's like to not have a bm regularly. :cry I have been taking fiber and have taken some milk of magnesia and have had some results (thank goodness!) Over the course of days (since the third to the last day of m/e) I have gained but I do think it's because of no bm. I am eating normal right now and trying to get that under control and I hope to start back on m/e either this weekend or the beginning of next week. I hope to not have this problem and to get going in the right direction soon!

Neicey, did you gain weight with the m/e:confused: How many days were you on and how much did you gain:confused:

I did m/e for 6 days, ending Sunday. I did really well at first but then Sunday when I got on the scale, I was up 2 lbs. (I try not to but I weigh everyday...I'm hopeless.:faint:) Since then it has continued to go up. I am up 5 lbs. now. I just don't get it! The m of m is working now. In fact I was awaken at 3:00 a.m. and have been up ever since. :confused: I figured when I got on the scale this morning it would be down. Nope, not budged! I am not going to allow myself to get discouraged though. It's just a bump in the road.

I work with the youth at my church and they are doing a 30 hour famine starting at noon today and running through 6:00 p.m. on Friday. I figured I would eat a small Breakfast and early lunch. Surely with only Water and a Protein Shake for supper and all day tomorrow, I will see some move in the scale. I hope so anyway.

I plan to begin m/e on Saturday. I really think the scale went up because of no bm. I think that if I continue to take my benefiber everyday, I will do much better. Which reminds me, can you drink oj on the m/e? They say benefiber is tasteless but it sure does make water taste yucky. I don't notice it in oj and probably wouldn't other things either. Is oj good or is there something that would be better?

Overall, I am down lower than when I started m/e so I am happy. It did work! And I will continue to do it! We are going on vacation the first week of July and I would really love to be able to wear shorts and actually look nice! I guess only time will tell. :nervous