Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

Hey you guys, you are doing great. Keep up the good work and remember this is the beginning of creating great lifestyle habits. Exercise and watching what you eat is key to this success.

Please forgive me for not being as vocal as I usually am but I am dealing with some stresses and I have been allowing it to be my excuse not to exercise and eat right. I am trying to get back on track.

Teresita, I'm sorry your going through a difficult time. It's so hard to stay motivated when things around you are stressful. Lean on us, we'll lift you up! :hug:

Hey you guys, you are doing great. Keep up the good work and remember this is the beginning of creating great lifestyle habits. Exercise and watching what you eat is key to this success.

Please forgive me for not being as vocal as I usually am but I am dealing with some stresses and I have been allowing it to be my excuse not to exercise and eat right. I am trying to get back on track.

All forgiven of course girl!!! It is all totally understood and it happens!!! Stay strong and be good...You are still Da Queen!

Thank you niecyrenee. I have to say reading you guys post have been motivating and out of guilt or a pitty party I would not post to ask for help.

Thanks Avilla, I will get it together. It is amazing how easy it is to fall off and STAY OFF. My band isn't failing me, I'm failing my band. It's there and it works. It's tight in the morning and gives me restriction through the day. I have been choosing to eat around it. What am I thinking??

I know what to do. I wouldn't even go weigh in again this week in fear that the scale will be higher. Excuse me, my weight my be higher. This is rediculous.

Thanks Avilla, I will get it together. It is amazing how easy it is to fall off and STAY OFF. My band isn't failing me, I'm failing my band. It's there and it works. It's tight in the morning and gives me restriction through the day. I have been choosing to eat around it. What am I thinking??

I know what to do. I wouldn't even go weigh in again this week in fear that the scale will be higher. Excuse me, my weight my be higher. This is rediculous.

You have lost your ever lovin' mind girl...lol...You need to step on that scale every once in a while just to see how your doing and how much damage you have done...lol...I point my finger at mine and have a hateful talk with it every morning before I step on it...It starts out with "i hate you and you hate me so lets get this over with" lol

My good news for today: I have been running for 4 days now increasing a little bit each day...The first day I lost 1 lb, the second and third day I didnt lose a thing, then this morning I woke up disgusted until I saw that I had a 2 lbs loss...I have almost gotten off all that I gained over the last month and can finally start on some new numbers...

The bad part, my legs are killing me but my pulled butt muscle is feeling a little bit better...Each day is getting a little bit easier and I am going to try to keep up with my lucky number of 13 for my laps, it seems to be working for me...We will just have to see how it goes from now till Sunday for my next weigh in with a run each day

YOU PICK YOURSELF UP...... DUST OFF THOSE FATIGUES..... AND JUMP BACK IN LINE RIGHT NOW SOLDIER!!!!!

<<<<<<<<Teresita you are my HERO>>>>>>>>>>>>

I too have been dealing.... and have been remiss in my postings.... funny though this morning I decided I needed my boost from my fellow Bandsters and logged on.

We cant let continue though..... thats how I got into this situation. For many of us food was and still is our comfort.... It doesnt judge us, it our control mechanism..... but then we feel bad about doing it..... beat ourselves up and it becomes a circle...

Now we are on a straight and narrow path....... So... Here we go...

Drink our water... move our butts and exercise and choose our foods!

We all feel better and are better equiped to deal with the stress and problems when we are focused and proud of ourselves.

Lets do it guys...... what is it 12 Days till Boot Camp.... Lets get back in the grove and be ready, willing and able to work hard to reach our goals....

Love ya

Jen

I am a member of this site since yesterday 3/7/07.

I would like to join the boot camp as well, even though there are only 2 weeks left.

I have not been exercising and I have been snacking at night.

I made an appointment for a fill today. I am going to the gym with my cousin to work out at 245 today.

Thank you for the motivation. I have read a lot of posts over the last day and had thought i was doing well with my weight loss, but it has been slow. I see others who had surgery a whole year after me who have lost as much or more!!

I know I can lose more and I know I can do it.

Please tell me how much Water a day you are drinking?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Van Guard band Dec 2005

Small Monthly fills, now at 11.5ml

357/277/ goal 180

-80:clap2:

Bootcamp will start in two weeks..... We are in prep mode right now..

One thing I have learned is not to measure against others! It's not fair, some bansters have more or less to loose, some bansters cant exercise as much as others and so forth... I always find it's better to set a goal for myself, then work hard to get to that goal. There are so many measures of sucess... the scale is one, measurements are another, getting off medications is a great measure and my personal first and favorite the seatbelt fits measure... I used to struggle to get it on and that first time I pulled it across my body and clicked it first shot wooo what a feeling of acomplishment....

My mantra for food is to Journal everyday... count the calories (1400) count the Protein (80grams) and drink 80 oz of non caffinated beverage (mostly water) daily......

My exercise is Curves 4-5x a week, Pilates class (boy does that hurt) and I walk 10 miles a week on my treadmill a little here and a little there!

I go to weekly support group and I also had my best results reading and posting here! Share with others both yours and fellow bandsters ups and downs! I find it is the best tip.... .. Welcome and keep up your good work. Boot Camp is no walk in the park, So take these two weeks or so to get in the grove! Sargent T is one of the best motivators....

Jen

Turner: So glad that the surgery with your DH went well. I hope the biopsy comes back and confirms that everything is okay. Life can be sobering at times, can't it?! Here's to good times in the future.

I am a member of this site since yesterday 3/7/07.

I would like to join the boot camp as well, even though there are only 2 weeks left.

I have not been exercising and I have been snacking at night.

I made an appointment for a fill today. I am going to the gym with my cousin to work out at 245 today.

Thank you for the motivation. I have read a lot of posts over the last day and had thought i was doing well with my weight loss, but it has been slow. I see others who had surgery a whole year after me who have lost as much or more!!

I know I can lose more and I know I can do it.

Please tell me how much Water a day you are drinking?

Thanks!

I agree with the other post!!! You cant compare yourself to the others...Everyone is different and will lose at a different rate...And it is nothing but discouraging trying to keep up with others where the weight is just melting away...Just set some realistic goals for yourself and remember that the process is suppose to be slow for a reason...

And I personally try to get in more than 64 oz of water a day plus anything more that I can get in

Avilla:It starts out with "i hate you and you hate me so lets get this over with" lol

You Crack me up girl!!!!!:eek: :eek: :) :) Congrats on your running and loss:clap2:

Teresita- Don't you give up on us girl, or yourself. You are worth it! All the efforts and gains here and there. This is a long road not a short one. I have finally come to realize that. I am 5mo out of surgery and lost only 37lbs. I thought I would be down 60 by now. Go get some pictures of yourself before the band and take a dose of reality! Slow or not; we look much different than when we started. I am sorry you are going thru tough times. We love you and are here for you!:confused: Don't give up on you! We aren't!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for concern over my DH who had a lump removed last friday. The final pathology report was a benign tumor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you GOD!!! I won't Celebrate w/chocolate though!! How about a toast w/crystal light? LOL

Welcome newcommers! Sorry, I am so bad at remembering names! You will like it in here. Start movin those feet and drinkin that Water and you will fit right in!!!!! Word of advice- stay close to bathroom until you are very used to that much H20!!:tired

Tann- I am struggling w/ the M/E diet. I brought lunch meat today- which caused horrible pain and I PB'd immediately!!!!! I don't tolerate anything well in the morning, I had never tried lunch meat before. That would be a NO I think! I did eat some block cheese a little later. I am sticking to eggs for awhile....LOL!! I was going to give up early(I am trying to do this till Sat), but I cheated and got on the scale this AM. I promised to wait until Monday but I lost 4lbs!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I am going on the eggs and tuna salad diet thru the week. I don't seem to tolerate anything else at this point. I blended some peperoni in the food processor. Don't try! I had diarrhea for 2 days!!!!!!!! That is probably the 4lbs( Ha-Ha). Good luck Tann! How are you doing niceyrenee?????????

Love you all, but have to get some work done today(Oh Well!)

Turner24

Hi Turner, wow 4lbs that is great:scared: I'm doing good on the m/e so far, I'm gonna stay on thru Monday. Then I'm gonna go back to meat and veggies:hungry: Most likely I'll be eating a few salads w/out meat.

Sarg, keep your head up like you always tell us. This too shall pass.

8 oz chocolate whey (breakfast)

large salad (lunch)

unknown what I am having for dinner

8 oz orange water

52 oz Water (so far)

16 oz green tea with lemon

13 runs and 20 walks around the backyard

I dont know if I can add more to that for a while or not, I am going to give my body time to adjust to that for now before adding a few laps