Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

I do my 64oz of liquards first before I have Breakfast, in that way at least I get that in even if I don't drink any more for the rest of the day. It takes me uptil 1pm to drink it tho, and that is not good. By that time it's lunch time, which I try to eat Protein and some veggies and Protein shake for dinner. Now that is the plan but it is always subject to change.

So you only actually eat one meal a day? I have contemplated an idea similar to this (but with two meals a day) but I didn't know if it was "good". Does that make sense? I want to be sure that I get in enough nutrients. Your weight loss is amazing so I know it is working well. Do you struggle with hunger or are you a bandster that doesn't really get hungry? I get hungry but I am able to ignore it. I just wonder if I tried something similar to yours if I would get really hungry? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Oh! Another question. How many ounces is your Protein Shake? Weird question, I know, I'm just trying to get an idea of what you are doing exactly.

I have done the 2 meals a day with a Protein Shake for Breakfast every morning basically since my surgery...I seem real tight in the mornings and am scared and have mentally blocked out breakfast...I add a spoon of Peanut Butter to my shakes to help me get a little bit more Protein but it seems to keep me full until lunchtime...Of course my weight loss has been kinda slow if anything lately so I might not be doing the right thing

So you only actually eat one meal a day? I have contemplated an idea similar to this (but with two meals a day) but I didn't know if it was "good". Does that make sense? I want to be sure that I get in enough nutrients. Your weight loss is amazing so I know it is working well. Do you struggle with hunger or are you a bandster that doesn't really get hungry? I get hungry but I am able to ignore it. I just wonder if I tried something similar to yours if I would get really hungry? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Oh! Another question. How many ounces is your Protein shake? Weird question, I know, I'm just trying to get an idea of what you are doing exactly.

Yes usually it's one meal a day, but I do eat Snacks too, like nuts, cheese, cottage cheese, or some meat. I just started this Water thing about 2-3 weeks ago because when I eat first I usually have to wait about 2 hours before I can drink because I'm still pretty much full. I'm a bandster that gets hungry, that's why I have to snack too, but the Water keeps me full until lunch. Most nites I have a Protein Shake because when I eat Protein at nite I'm very uncomfortable and I have too much to do in the evenings to sit around and moan. I make my Protein shakes with milk and its usually about 12-16 oz sometimes I finish it all and sometimes I don't. I hoped that helped you out some. Dang, I forgot my color, oh well:mad:

Tann you do you and it working for you. Sometimes you have to jumpstart the weight loss. Your Snacks are good. I hope you are taking a Multivitamin daily to help get in your nutrients.

When I want to help my loss along I go back to basics. A shake in the morning and salad for lunch.

It does help! Thanks so much! What I have thought about doing is what you do Avilla. I have tried it a few times and it seems to work well but I haven't committed to anything long term. I am really interested in what you are doing Tann. I think I may give it a try and see how it works for me. Thanks again!

You're welcome Denise, but You are doing great all by yourself, you have lost a lot in a short period of time. Oh yeah also I have been having a carb day usually once in every 7 days or one in 10 days, it helps me to be faithful on my on program days when I know I have a day where I can eat some of my favorite treats, and when I do this it is usually on Sundays because I'm in Church from 8:30am-2pm so I only eat once that whole day.

The rest is water/sf Water type drinks. I used to call it my cheat day, but now I call it my feast day. So far I have not gained any weight by doing this. Because really I have a good fill and I can only eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time, so the carbs I eat on Sundays don't show up by the next time I weigh in.

Hey guys! I just came back to LBT, can I crash Spring Bootcamp Prep this late? :) Either way, I commit to me!!

I'm so glad you're keeping this up, Terecita! You're awesome!

We've been very obstinate about going to our doc's program (I don't get along with the nutritionist). We just went in for our 1-year follow-up & hadn't lost a thing in 3 months, *sigh*. So the time is NOW!! Obviously we weren't doing the right thing in the past, but TODAY I can make a difference!

My goals for the week:

• get my Water in
  • exercise every day (we're back to building up to "real" exercise, so it's only a couple of minutes a day, a little more each day)
  • eat on plan (we're just started doing Atkins for now, it's the only non-liquid diet I've ever been successful on)
  • change my stinkin' thinkin'!! Quit focusing on the bad or failures & start focusing on the good & triumphs, no matter how small! It IS coming!

Today I will start to create the me of tomorrow!

My Spring Training Prep goal:

10 pounds by 3/21

Start: 252 2/13/07

BOOYA JANETC THAT IS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE.

ENTHUSIASM OF COMMITMENT COMING IN THE DOOR. GREAT JOB BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT IS NEVER TOO LATE!!! :clap2: :clap2:

YOU HAVE A PLAN SO YOU WILL SUCCEED. LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER!!!

You're welcome Denise, but You are doing great all by yourself, you have lost a lot in a short period of time.

I am very thankful for every pound I have lost and I have worked hard to get them off. I decided that if I was going to do something as drastic as surgery, I was going to make it work. It is only by the grace of God that I am doing this well. It's so funny because I have lost count of all my weight loss attempts because there have been tons but when I actually started praying that the Lord would help me lose weight, it started coming off. The power of prayer never ceases to amaze me!

I am very thankful for every pound I have lost and I have worked hard to get them off. I decided that if I was going to do something as drastic as surgery, I was going to make it work. It is only by the grace of God that I am doing this well. It's so funny because I have lost count of all my weight loss attempts because there have been tons but when I actually started praying that the Lord would help me lose weight, it started coming off. The power of prayer never ceases to amaze me!

Wow Denise, I feel the exact same way!! That's scary:nervous I feel like I went thru the insurance, the pre-opt requirements, the seminars, the Optifast, the surgery then atleast I can give it my best shot. But sometimes I get too comfortable and forget what all I went thru. And I KNOW without a dought that it is the Lord that is keeping me losing weight because I don't do all I should do and eat right, but the Lord is still having mercy on me. I give all praises to HIM. I went to my first seminar in the middle of Jan.06 and surgery was 3-7-06 you see how QUICK, that was and no hassle from the ins co, the dr.s, nobody...All the Lord's work. I prayed about the GBypass years ago and got a NO answer, so when I heard about the band I prayed again and I asked the Lord if this is for me, to let me see the answer thru the ins co by getting approved, and I was approved in 2-3 days. The LORD IS KING!!

TANN..............Great idea! I hate water:speechles . There, I admitted it. I am going to start trying to drink all my Water in the AM. I am only doing sugar free hot chocolate for breakfast now. I commit to trying that for 1week and see what happens!:D

Today:

sugar free hot chocolate

20 oz water

lean cuisine frozen meal for lunch

frito chips- small bag :) :) :)

3 muskateer bar- I know I know I know:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PMS week is so hard for me!:mad:

I'm buying a water jug tonight!!

love you all! :) See ya tomorrow!!

Turner24

Hey Sarge, I think we need a weekend exercise challenge (what, I don't know)! :) Spring is getting closer and closer and I feel the need for motivation! :whip: What do you think?

Good Morning People today is Friday. I hear some people are going to have some nice warm weather this weekend and others are going to have some cold snowy stuff. I think I fall into the cold stuff kinda. Temp is going to be clouydy45 tomorrow and rain and possible sleet on Sunday. I plan on getting out to a couple of museums for Black History Month this weekend. I really need to get out and walk.

Hey Sarge, I think we need a weekend exercise challenge (what, I don't know)! :) Spring is getting closer and closer and I feel the need for motivation! :whip: What do you think?

You are right, do you have something in mind. I see you jumping up and down. Spill it:spit: barf.gif