Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mt. Pleasant Bandsters

Hi all,

Today is a challenge in a way. I have an in home daycare and this is my first day with kids. Lucky for me only half showed up today. It's almost time to fix their lunches. That was one of the big reasons I got so big because I'd eat whatever they didn't. I'm keeping juice and plenty of Water available so I don't accidently put something in my mouth. Can we chew sugar free gum? I believe that would help me at this time.

I don't know why you can't chew gum. (Personally, it makes me hungry).

I would look on the package for the sugar alchohol content. Those are bad toooooooooooo!

lisa

i read somewhere that if gum was accidently swallow it would not pass through the band and that would cause major trouble!!

I accidently swallowed a little piece the other day. I guess I'm not restricted enough to cause any problems. (Or blessed) I used to use eclipse gum when I didn't have mints. I guess I will have to make sure I have mints from now on or just stay away from people. lol

lisa

Hello txredrobin. Welcome. I found this little paragraph in a hand out that I was given at a support group meeting.

Clues that an erosion has developed include a port site infection far removed from surgery, or loss of restriciton to food. It can cause free release of stomach contents into the abdominal cavity, leading to peritionitis, but most of the time the erosion is localized and contained around the stomach itself. A surgeon might also notice that Fluid that has been added to the band is not accounted for. Treatment of erosion must be accomplished surgically, and can often be done laparoscopically. In one or two stages, the band is removed, the sites of injury to the stomach are repaired, and the band is replaced.

It paints a grim picture, I know, and I'm sure there are other symptoms. If you suspect erosion, please call your physician and make an appointment as soon as possible.

lisa

hey lisa

sounds like you are still doing good i've been on a mini vacation for the last 3 days and vacations and staying in the box doesn't mix very well

but i only gained 2 lbs and that could be from not drinking my h20 not it

is back to the box and hopefuly that 2lbs and 2 more will come offf soon

I'm gonna play in the yard. I have to mow. I hate Mondays. Well, I have to say, I'm back to starving again. Booooo-Hisssss!

Have a good day!

lisa

hey lisa and lls

how things going for ya'll have not heard anything from you guys lately

I've been so busy I usually just take time to read my e-mail, much less answer it. Between the day care (and the kids have been wild this week with weather change and Easter) , working on my Pampered Chef business, and making flower girl and bridesmaid dresses for my son's wedding in May I keep out of trouble. I have had some major accomplishments I think. Last Sunday, 2 weeks out, I had lost 15 pounds. I put on a pair of jeans last night that I attempted to wear to a football game last fall and they buttoned and zipped, even without laying on the bed. I'm anxious to get on a scales again. I don't even own one. They were always my mortal enemy. It's about time for kids and have other computer work to do. Have a great day and if I don't hear from you all before Easter have a Happy Easter.

I'm here too. Just been a crazy week. Little league baseball. Need I say more?? I haven't had a very good week. Head hunger is driving me crazy. Haven't gained any, but I haven't lost any either. Grrrrrr That's really discouraging. And those chocolate eggs in the cabinet whisper to me everytime I walk thru the kitchen. Man talk about having to have will power! I will try to get online more often. But can't make any promises. It's spring and that means busy, busy, busy!

See yall later!

lisa

Belive me, I know what you mean. We played ball in the cold friday and I have been sick ever since. Monday was just another yucky day. At least, T goes back to school today and I can rest. I'm unplugging the phone and not even turning on the cell phone.

Yall have a good day!

lisa