Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good DVD workout for beginners?

Any recommendations for a good beginners workout video? I have one of the dvds from the shapley girl series, but its boring, and too easy. I looked at the Extreme weight loss or biggest loser ones, but I am afraid they will be too hard. I need something for just starting out with a high BMI. Any suggestions?

I would suggest the Power90 series. NOT the P90X, the Power90. Same guy, different workouts. It's basically the equivalent of a gym workout with a trainer. Very good starting point.

I agree with kalee. Walk away the pounds has DVDs with several different distances to choose from and you can use 2 pound weights to help with your arms while you walk and to increase effort. She also has 'jogging' videos.

Jamie

I concur w the two posters about walk away the lbs. I've been doing Leslie sansones watp DVD since 2005. No matter my weight, nd even after knee surgeries, ive done her DVDs and they r amazn. And u can work up a sweat depending on which miles u choose, or keep it low impact. If u try just one, u won't b sry, ull get the others:). Just google her name and ull c all that she offers, the walking is measured in miles. U can even find some at Walmart. Gr8 product in my opinion.

Actually, the biggest loser ones are really great and the trainers certainly know their stuff. I do not use them anymore, but they were very helpful a few years back when losing some weight on a "diet." They are usually really cheap at Walmart or even TJ max. Who knew TJ max would carry these? Give them a try. Now you just have to decide on which trainer you like ( bob or Jillian) and which flavor of workout you like. The basic biggest loser workouts are a good place to start and are designed for beginners. You can branch off into other, perhaps harder, stuff when the time is right like biggest loser strength training, shred, cardio, yoga, kick boxing, etc. when you are ready for some real intense DVD options, i have a few suggestions. ;) Good luck!

I would suggest the Power90 series. NOT the P90X, the Power90. Same guy, different workouts. It's basically the equivalent of a gym workout with a trainer. Very good starting point.

Goochman...you are my hero! Even in great shape Power 90 kicked my butt. Tony is awesome and he will get you in shape for real!

Have you tried Slim in 6. Also made by the same company that does Power 90, but it is a bit more toned down than the Power 90, PX90 ones. I find the workout challenging and also varied enough that as soon as you think you can't take it, she switches up on you.

Also, if you like more of a short but tough workout you can try T-Tap or Bar Method. T-Tap got to be boring for me but it was a real workout. Bar Method still kicks my butt!

I was gonna say walk away the pounds. I think she calls it walk at home now actually. I've been doing this off and on for a few years at different weights. It's still challenging and you can add weights and also jog when they walk etc.

I didn't know she had jogging knes! What are they called.

I just took this pic today of the ones I have.

post-27342-13813668414885_thumb.jpg

Hey - if we are suggesting walking DVDs, why not just go for walks outside. :) It is much more refreshing, plus you can take your dog if you have one. Walking is great! I spent the first 2 months walking 3-4 miles a day. It was great! My dog loved all the walking. I made it interesting after a month by walking up hills or picking up the pace. I then graduated onto my ellyptical at month 3, running at month 5 and cross fit at month 7 until today.

http://www.walkathome.com/

Leslie Sansone and Walk Away the Pounds.

I love them and you definitely can do it any any level and you do get a workout.

Hey - if we are suggesting walking DVDs' date=' why not just go for walks outside. :) It is much more refreshing, plus you can take your dog if you have one. Walking is great! I spent the first 2 months walking 3-4 miles a day. It was great! My dog loved all the walking. I made it interesting after a month by walking up hills or picking up the pace. I then graduated onto my ellyptical at month 3, running at month 5 and cross fit at month 7 until today.[/quote']

Fiddle it's more than just a basic walk though. ;) I know- sounds super easy bit it's actually harder than ya think. I just broke a sweat and a half doing three miles w Leslie. I'd have to jog to burn as many calories as I did in 45 minutes vs. walking.

Plus it's rain or shine! :D

Thanks for the additional explanation, Amy.

I have a huge collection of Leslie Sansone videos. She incorporates even light jogging into some of them, and has tons of videos with walk boosters(stretchie bands, walk belt, weights, etc). LOVE her and her positivity!