Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got god?

Ppl really this OP put this in a general talk forum. You saw the title of the post....why read it or comment if you didn't like it or agree with it. Can't we all just get along? I mean we all live in the real world. We all know others don't always agree with our beliefs. We all have the right to believe or not believe whatever we want to. Live and let live.....

And bigcountryab stay the hell out of my inbox with your come ons! I'm sooooo not interested

Lol ok there is obviously a large intelligence gap there, and I'm not a babysitter

And bigcountryab stay the hell out of my inbox with your come ons! I'm sooooo not interested

If bigcountryab is harassing you via PM do not hesitate to report him.

WLS surgery talk... anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I was thinking about doing the pouch test because I celebrated mine and my daughter's birthday for the past week. Do you know what it is? And if it works? ;)

Love that movie

I was thinking about doing the pouch test because I celebrated mine and my daughter's birthday for the past week. Do you know what it is? And if it works? ;)

Love that movie

http://5daypouchtest.com/

BCA, TapSnap, and other worthy and esteemed opponents,

I move that we curtail our debate and shake hands. Our dialog is causing too much pain to other forumites.

Beside that, conflict makes me hungry, (had to bring it back to WLS somehow). B):D

As an off-topic forum...I thought this was really an interesting conversation. I'm sorry that some find the discourse unpleasant or mean-spirited. I don't take it that way at all. Two sides to every topic...right?

I've been enjoying it...and learning from it. Must be my thick skin...(is that why the scale isn't moving...my thick skin? Is thick skin heavier than thin???)

And thank you Admin Susan for letting the conversation go on...this is the "lounge" after all where we should be able to have any types of discussions not related to weight loss surgery.

Atheists-- what if you're wrong?

As an off-topic forum...I thought this was really an interesting conversation. I'm sorry that some find the discourse unpleasant or mean-spirited. I don't take it that way at all. Two sides to every topic...right?

I've been enjoying it...and learning from it. Must be my thick skin...(is that why the scale isn't moving...my thick skin? Is thick skin heavier than thin???)

And thank you Admin Susan for letting the conversation go on...this is the "lounge" after all where we should be able to have any types of discussions not related to weight loss surgery.

For me to keep from plowing on in a debate is much like turning away from Peanut Butter pie would have been in the old days. I guess sleeving has taught me to weigh the consequences and consider the cost of my actions, to myself and others.

I am glad you have learned, so have I.

Ya, I'm thick skinned AND big boned...in fact, I probably didn't need this operation at all. :huh:

Lol Pascal's wager... Really? Well since there are literally dozens of biblical scriptures that are scientifically discountable I'm not too worried about it. I wouldn't worship the Christian God anyway simply because I wouldn't worship a being that I am morally superior to. You see I think it is immoral to kill the first born of Egypt, and to drown everyone on the planet to include children, and to kill people for eating shellfish or working on a Sunday... I could go on and on... What if you are wrong? What if the Greeks, Egyptians, Roman, Vikings, Native Americans, Hawaiians, or any of the other 10,000 man made gods were the real ones? I guess as a matter of probability we should all expect damnation lol

Wait!!! Is God doing the 5 day pouch test??

:D

Oh and does he rest on the 6th day??

C'mon. Laura, keep up with the twists and turns. If you can't stay awake get off of the Autobahn! :angry:

Well if I am wrong when I die I hope I am judged by the way I lived my life and not for the fact I didn’t worship one of the 1000's of gods that have been worshiped since man came to be.

How can you be sure the god you worship is the one true god and not the god other religions or cultures worshiped?

The bible talks about giant sea creatures (Leviathan), Dragons, Unicorns, A talking snake and donkey, a talking bush, horses with heads of lions (200 horses man), etc. I could go on. Do you believe all this to be true? They are all in the bible.

Other things the bible forbids but still I see many Christians doing so:

-Scaring their skin (tattoos) I see many people with cross tattoos

-Trimming your hear on your head or beard

-palm reading or reading your horoscope is a sin

-If your kid back talks you, you should kill them

-No working in Sundays

-Women should not talk and should stay quit in church and in home

-Eating sea food (shrimp, crab, lobster) is a no no

-Woman who are not a virgins when married shall be put to death

-Slavery is fine

-No divorce

So I guess most Christian just look past all this stuff. I guess you can go say 5 Hail Mary’s and all will be forgiven.

This is why I don’t follow religion at all.

I am not trying to start a forum war I am just to post why I don’t believe and why more and more people are leaving religions.

Tapsnap- I will say this most of what you are referring to is the Old Testament , before Christ . Most Christians try to live by the New Testament , that is why God gave his only son so that we could be saved from all of the sins we committed in our life. I am not trying to push religion on anyone it is up to everyone what they want to believe. Myself I believe in God and always will. Good Day everyone and God Bless.