Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all,

I was told by my doctor that my story is UNIQUE!!!!! So I wanted to share with you all.....I don't intend to scare anyone as all surgeries are different for everyone!!! My intial surgery for the gastric sleeve went great!!........Until my stomach took a slight left turn, I was doing everything I was supposed to before and after surgery and didnt even cheat my diet!! I was in my room not for too long after surgery, I started vomitiiing up bile really bad.......then it got worse, it went on for a few days....I stayed longer than the intial 3 days for surgery. My vomiting wouldn't stop, I had pink buckets after buckets and nurses in and out my room duming them, the smell got awful as days went on....finally my mom came to visit for a second time and notice the smell got worse and it smelled like someone had a bowel movement and never flushed the toilet.....well that wasnt the case it was me throwing up my bowels now..!!! technically that's a sign of deaf....so I got scared...!!! the nurses got worried and called the surgeon a.s.a.p and my surgeon came to see me said he would get test and things done on me so we can see whats going on... Come to find out I had a bowel blockage that needed to be fixed pronto!!! My surgeon was great he got everything moving fast after being stuck in my room for a few days and then having a tub down my throat for 3 days finally they give me a second surgery!!! this was his partner who had free hands in the morning to do my surgery for my original doctor since his hands were full until after 8pm, so this doctor did it for me in the am and he did well...I love my surgeon and his team if it were not for them I dunno how I would have ended up... Great news he removed most of my intestines I had alot of scar tissue but this was not from the gastric sleeve, it was from a previous surgery I had before.....So I ended up with a two week stay but Im home now doing GREAT!!! I hope this does not change anyones mind, do what you feel is good for you please dont let my story discourage you!!! by the way my intial surgery was on my birthday July 8th 2013, yeah I think I was very brave!!! and my story is still UNIQUE!!! doctors said they "never seen anything like it"!!!! :wub:

Wow. How scary that must have been for you. I'm glad you're recovering at home now.

How will removing so much intestines affect your postop recovery?

Bowel obstruction due to adhesions with intestinal ischemia? Colon resection? No nasogastric tube to decompress the bile? Not cool. Glad u r ok!

thank you guys!!!! yea itwas bowel obstruction not sure the whole term and exactly what they did but I know he wasn't afraid to remove what he had to so that i would be ok....I'm glad they did the test to find out what they did...yes it was very scary i wish it on no one....I got discouraged a few times but I just prayed harder and harder each day!!! yes we are not suppose to have nsg tube after surgery but they made a exception because it was really bad...i was angry they did it but it saved me from hurting myself even more......thank you for reading my story I appreciate it!

im sorry amanda.....it will not affect my recovery by them removing so much intestines....It actually helped me pass gas because i was not able to do anything if they had not done the second surgery.....Im doing great and im just about 2 and half weeks out I went in on july 8th and came home july 19th......everything is running as it is suppose to!!!

im sorry amanda.....it will not affect my recovery by them removing so much intestines....It actually helped me pass gas because i was not able to do anything if they had not done the second surgery.....Im doing great and im just about 2 and half weeks out I went in on july 8th and came home july 19th......everything is running as it is suppose to!!!

I'm glad you're recovering. I hope it is smooth sailing going forward.

Hello all' date='

I was told by my doctor that my story is UNIQUE!!!!! So I wanted to share with you all.....I don't intend to scare anyone as all surgeries are different for everyone!!! My intial surgery for the gastric sleeve went great!!........Until my stomach took a slight left turn, I was doing everything I was supposed to before and after surgery and didnt even cheat my diet!! I was in my room not for too long after surgery, I started vomitiiing up bile really bad.......then it got worse, it went on for a few days....I stayed longer than the intial 3 days for surgery. My vomiting wouldn't stop, I had pink buckets after buckets and nurses in and out my room duming them, the smell got awful as days went on....finally my mom came to visit for a second time and notice the smell got worse and it smelled like someone had a bowel movement and never flushed the toilet.....well that wasnt the case it was me throwing up my bowels now..!!! technically that's a sign of deaf....so I got scared...!!! the nurses got worried and called the surgeon a.s.a.p and my surgeon came to see me said he would get test and things done on me so we can see whats going on... Come to find out I had a bowel blockage that needed to be fixed pronto!!! My surgeon was great he got everything moving fast after being stuck in my room for a few days and then having a tub down my throat for 3 days finally they give me a second surgery!!! this was his partner who had free hands in the morning to do my surgery for my original doctor since his hands were full until after 8pm, so this doctor did it for me in the am and he did well...I love my surgeon and his team if it were not for them I dunno how I would have ended up... Great news he removed most of my intestines I had alot of scar tissue but this was not from the gastric sleeve, it was from a previous surgery I had before.....So I ended up with a two week stay but Im home now doing GREAT!!! I hope this does not change anyones mind, do what you feel is good for you please dont let my story discourage you!!! by the way my intial surgery was on my birthday July 8th 2013, yeah I think I was very brave!!! and my story is still UNIQUE!!! doctors said they "never seen anything like it"!!!! :wub:[/quote']

It's like you took the words out of my own mouth I had the sleeve I had a hernia my doc wanted to wait to fix after I lose weight any way three months out I had a bowel block from that hernia which was my intestines pushing thorough the weak stomach muscle .. Like you I threw up and was sick had pain I kept going to the doc the did scan but they make u drink so much of that stuff I said its no way I could drink two bottles in an hour so I don't think they got a good reading just the fact that I had a hernia anyway I went home the next morning I was throwing up bowels I got so scared I told my husband he was like I don't think that could happen I threw up on my whit towels oh yes it was bowls got to the ER doc had to do emergency surgery on me he said if I go in and the blood supply if it been cut off from intestine imma have to remove it u might a colostomy bag I was crying scared before surgery he had to stick a NG tube down my nose and he left it in doing surgery he said he need to suck the left over vowels out my stomach worst feeling every pulled it out three time cause I thought I was choking he said if u wake up with it out your nose you didn't have to get the colostomy bag I pulled threw fine I had to tell you this story because it sound so former I'm now 6 months out down 105 pounds and 10-15 pounds to my goal and I'm so blessed

So glad you were in the hands of a capable surgical team!

It's like you took the words out of my own mouth I had the sleeve I had a hernia my doc wanted to wait to fix after I lose weight any way three months out I had a bowel block from that hernia which was my intestines pushing thorough the weak stomach muscle .. Like you I threw up and was sick had pain I kept going to the doc the did scan but they make u drink so much of that stuff I said its no way I could drink two bottles in an hour so I don't think they got a good reading just the fact that I had a hernia anyway I went home the next morning I was throwing up bowels I got so scared I told my husband he was like I don't think that could happen I threw up on my whit towels oh yes it was bowls got to the ER doc had to do emergency surgery on me he said if I go in and the blood supply if it been cut off from intestine imma have to remove it u might a colostomy bag I was crying scared before surgery he had to stick a NG tube down my nose and he left it in doing surgery he said he need to suck the left over vowels out my stomach worst feeling every pulled it out three time cause I thought I was choking he said if u wake up with it out your nose you didn't have to get the colostomy bag I pulled threw fine I had to tell you this story because it sound so former I'm now 6 months out down 105 pounds and 10-15 pounds to my goal and I'm so blessed

'

yes indeed girl!!! we are blessed!!! im so glad you are still here and doing fine, yes that was the most scariest thing that has ever happened to me.......Im glad we are both doing ok now!!!

'

yes indeed girl!!! we are blessed!!! im so glad you are still here and doing fine' date=' yes that was the most scariest thing that has ever happened to me.......Im glad we are both doing ok now!!![/quote']

Yes .. But I once never blamed me sleeve it had nothing to do w that but you know sometimes ppl want to blame something for things we have no control over even like my friends was like see you shouldn't have done it .. It probably was your sleeve but that's just because they don't kno better medically it wasn't and those ppl are now happy for me and it call good and I'm happy you are doing well how many months are you

Yes .. But I once never blamed me sleeve it had nothing to do w that but you know sometimes ppl want to blame something for things we have no control over even like my friends was like see you shouldn't have done it .. It probably was your sleeve but that's just because they don't kno better medically it wasn't and those ppl are now happy for me and it call good and I'm happy you are doing well how many months are you

sweetheart im fresh out as of july 8th lol that was my surgery dateand also my 28th bday so im about 2 weeks shy now!! not in my months yet!!

sweetheart im fresh out as of july 8th lol that was my surgery dateand also my 28th bday so im about 2 weeks shy now!! not in my months yet!!

Well good luck to you it's worth it and you gone be fine if you need anyone to talk to me or advice or Qs I'm here anytime congrats on your journey

thank you honey!!!