Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cincy weight loss center

Vannav12, I also posted the same question on the main page under drs and hospitals, you may want to look there for the comments I have gotten back.

Dr. Curry seems to be highly recommend, I have an appointment with him on the 16th.

Good Luck

Hi!

I had my surgery at Cincy weight loss and have not had any trouble. I have had just one fill and am not restricted yet.

It can be hard to get in because I think they are very busy, but everyone has been very nice to me.

OK. Now I'm freaking out. I am one week from surgery. I am having my surgery done at Cincy Weight Loss Center. I have not heard good things on this forum about the place. I live in Lex KY. I guess I could delay the procedure and see someone else. Any comments>

OK. Now I'm freaking out. I am one week from surgery. I am having my surgery done at Cincy Weight Loss Center. I have not heard good things on this forum about the place. I live in Lex KY. I guess I could delay the procedure and see someone else. Any comments>

If you do decide to delay, Kettering Bariatrics saw me initially on 12/21/07 and I'm scheduled for surgery on 1/10/07. I had a letter from the psychologist and was seeing a dietician so they waived all the pre-op requirements. Good Luck.

Don't Freak Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's normal to be second guessing yourself before surgery. Don't worry about Cincy weight loss or Dr Osborne. He was a vascular surgeon before specializing in wls and is very skilled. Don't delay your journey because of offhand comments here on the board (even mine). Call them and ask for another meeting with the doctor or with one of his nurses (Jenna is also very nice). The people at the surgery center were also great and the Doc doing the annethesia (sp?) spent a long time with me. Hang in there. Remember also that many posts can be negative because the people who are out there being satisfied tend not to post. Cincy wt loss also has a support group meeting tomorrow at 6pm (call for the location, I don't remember it offhand).

Don't delay the start of your new life!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't Freak Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's normal to be second guessing yourself before surgery. Don't worry about Cincy weight loss or Dr Osborne. He was a vascular surgeon before specializing in wls and is very skilled. Don't delay your journey because of offhand comments here on the board (even mine). Call them and ask for another meeting with the doctor or with one of his nurses (Jenna is also very nice). The people at the surgery center were also great and the Doc doing the annethesia (sp?) spent a long time with me. Hang in there. Remember also that many posts can be negative because the people who are out there being satisfied tend not to post. Cincy wt loss also has a support group meeting tomorrow at 6pm (call for the location, I don't remember it offhand).

Don't delay the start of your new life!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Annie in partn about always talking to your doctor-communication with your team is essential. I also think it's great to take all the feedback you get here too. The forums are extremely supportive and people who post have nothing to gain by feeding you bad information either. And, IMHO, the people who post here are extremely satisfied and post simply to help others who are struggling, to give each other nudges, to kick them in the butt, to answer questions faster than responses they may get from their doctors, and for friendship. There are so many great doctors out there. I also believe that information you get from the forums should not be your SOLE source for making decisions - part of making informed decisions is to weigh out everything. I believe each patient is always positively biased toward their own doctor. For me, I love Dr. Schumacher but I couldn't stand OSU in Columbus. But, any time someone has negative feedback, it could be reasons unrelated to the surgeon. For example, my negativity towards OSU had NOTHING to do with the surgeons - it had to do with the lack of responsiveness from the office staff and nurses. Anyway, I hope this also helps and I also hope you continue to gain support and friendship from this forum.

I had my surgery at the Cincinnati weight loss clinic on Aug 9th 2006, Dr. Osbourne was my surgeon and I have nothing bad to say about anyone at that place, they are friendly, knowledgable, very helpful, they have always taken every call or returned my call within an hour, half the people that work there are banded, they know what were going through, they need the support groups as much as we do.

I would be more then happy to talk to anyone who is considering going to the cincy clinic, and I am not associated with them in any way, except I had my surgery there, I just think it would of been nice if someone offered that to me prior to my selecting them, e mail at ajgrzelewski at (@) yahoo

I was banded by Dr. Osborne at Cincinnati Weight Loss Center on the last day of May 2006. I have lost about 70 pounds. I have nothing but good things to say about everyone at Cincinnati Weight Loss Center. They are always attentive and never make me feel like they do not have time for all my questions. When I have needed something they got back to me fast. They often even call or emailing me after hours. I feel so positive about my experience that my sister came from North Carolina and had the surgery the day before thanksgiving. The Cincinnati Weight Loss people have been very supportive to her long distance. The support meetings are great! Everyone is so helpful and open. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I also do not work for the practice.

Cincinnati weight loss cener seems great. Their new surgeon (Dr Mobley) is banded himself and his wife is banded. I think my experience there is going to be great!

I hope you can make it to the support group. We have a lot of fun and learn a little bit at the same time. It is so nice to talk to everyone and I always feel like it gives me some new ideas. AndrewK do you have a surgery date yet?

I respectfully disagree regarding Cinci Wt Loss. They never returned my call. They refuse to allow other bandsters in their support groups. It makes no sense to "close" out others from getting support. They "say" it's because they tell their patients to do things different but that's bogus - the diet and exercise is all the same for everyone after the banding is done. Doctors and clinics should work together to ensure overall health and support for all, and not be so snobbish, IMHO. The clinic I went to is completely open for its support groups.

I am sure if calls were not returned this was because of an isolated oversite or transposition of numbers, but to infer otherwise is absolutely ridiculous. Again you should seek support groups where you got your band.

Wow Mindful, I’m sorry you feel so upset. I agree with JohnnyMobs. I’m sure that if you did not receive a call back it was a human error. It is unfortunate that it happened. The more I read on this web site the more it sounds like different doctors ask their patients to follow very different diet and exercise programs.

Wow Mindful, I’m sorry you feel so upset. I agree with JohnnyMobs. I’m sure that if you did not receive a call back it was a human error. It is unfortunate that it happened. The more I read on this web site the more it sounds like different doctors ask their patients to follow very different diet and exercise programs.

I am very happy with where I went and I'm not upset with the product that Cinci Wt Loss delivers - I think Cinci is a great clinic and is doing good things. Unfortunately, other clinics aren't large enough yet to offer band-only support. The clinic I went to offers a huge after-care approach but it's not local for me nor is it band-only. Cinci Wt Loss has an opportunity to be there for all as JohnnyMobs says. So, why wouldn't it offer a band-only support group for all.

I agree that doctors do prescribe VERY different pre-op and post-op diets for the initial phases. But, once the post-op period is over, it's all the same. Exercise, low-calorie and the band is only a tool. Again, just my opinion - it's the way I would feel if ANY clinic were doing this - nothing personal against Cinci (they just happen to be the only clinic in Central Ohio that offers band-only support that restricts access to non-patients).