Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall Question or Not Working Question

Am I the only one with a stall? No weight loss in almost three weeks. Surgery was June 20th. I am drinking more than enough Water and getting plenty of Protein. Carbs are limited and I am going potty regularly. Not sure what is going on. I dipped below 300 for one day, and now I am back up to 303. Am I just one of those people who does not benefit from the sleeve - is there even a group like that - or am I the only one? Good descriptive words for me today are: angry, resentful, depressed, embarrassed

Nope you are not the only one. I lost a lot right away, then nothing for a month and a few stalls that last a week or so. Just hang in there! It will fall off when your body gets ready for it to fall off. DOn't even worry about the pounds that came back. They will disappear too and you will start on the downhill slide again. Promise:)

Thank you! I am stalling. One month out and I have not lost weight in a week or two. I am much smaller but the scale is not moving.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! I am a June 17th sleever and worry about failure too :(

I talked to my doctor about stalls the other day and he said they are inevitable. I asked him how to end a stall and he said to up your exercise. I asked him about eating more and he said no don't change the diet just up the exercise. He also said to continually change things up with the exercise to keep your body guessing. Never keep the same pattern going otherwise your body will catch on to what you are doing and that can start a stall because your body is trying to correct itself. He also said if you are in a stall not to despair because your body can't win over the math. You WILL lose!! Hang in there! :)

I talked to my doctor about stalls the other day and he said they are inevitable. I asked him how to end a stall and he said to up your exercise. I asked him about eating more and he said no don't change the diet just up the exercise. He also said to continually change things up with the exercise to keep your body guessing. Never keep the same pattern going otherwise your body will catch on to what you are doing and that can start a stall because your body is trying to correct itself. He also said if you are in a stall not to despair because your body can't win over the math. You WILL lose!! Hang in there! :)

Thanks for the info! It made me say phew! ????

I am in the same place you are. I was sleeved the 25th of June. I had a stall for 3 weeks. It can be so frustrating. I keep reading about some people who are just slow losers. It is disheartening to realize I am one of them when the NUT said to expect about 5 pounds a week. However, I keep reading about people who are successful over a longer period of time. I am following the rules and doing everything I am supposed to be doing. We just need to hang in there and count the non scale victories. I am off some meds I was on before and I am at the weight I was when I met my husband 14 years ago. Hang in there all! We can DO it too!

just keep on following the rules...the weight loss will come.

I stalled week 3 for two weeks! Since then I'll occasionally have a day of no lots followed by a big loss....it happens. I saw the most significant change when I started using the C25K app. Pounds falling of me now. 45.4lbs side June 3. Surgery was June 17th. I lost 4lbs last week...Best of luck!

Am I the only one with a stall? No weight loss in almost three weeks. Surgery was June 20th. I am drinking more than enough Water and getting plenty of Protein. Carbs are limited and I am going potty regularly. Not sure what is going on. I dipped below 300 for one day' date=' and now I am back up to 303. Am I just one of those people who does not benefit from the sleeve - is there even a group like that - or am I the only one? Good descriptive words for me today are: angry, resentful, depressed, embarrassed[/quote']

Omg I'm going through the same thing I had my surgery July 9 and I haven't lost any weight I two week I been feeling depress thinking my surgery was a failure, I'm glad I'm not the only one that is going through this

I'm two weeks out of surgery but 1 months since preop diet started. The last few days I've stalled but I'm going to do my measurements tomorrow because DH is convicted I've lost in measurements. I hope that's the case.

I suppose stalls are inevitable but I just assumed that I Luke b dropping KGs each week. But in retrospect in th last month I've lost 11kg. Which is 11kg more than I would have not having th surgery!