Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for anyone that has gotten a DS after their VSG

You got it Hathery! On target with strength training, cardio, activity in general, healthy eating, etc. They are the the crime fighters to obesity and poor health, and makes way for a healthier lifestyle & longevity.

Angel thanks for the advise and input but I CLEARLY stated am looking for input about people that have had the DS, not advise on how to lose weight. And no offense but you are 7 months post op. thats when i was down to 129. it's easy....so easy at that time. Wait until you're almost 2 years out its a whole different ball game. Look at the weight gained since being sleeved thread that's pinned. There are dozens of us struggling with regain. It's annoying that people less than a year out think they know it all. I'm not trying to be rude but just wait and see how it is in a year, you may look back and realize you we're a little too cocky, just like 3/4 of the people here less than a year out.

Well, the advise wasn't just for you, it was also for the other people who read the posts. I don't think you're rude, just ignorant and judgemental. I'm sure there are some readers who think...what the hell did you do to gain the weight back? Then, hopefully they don't start freaking out. The VGS is a tool not an end all to weight loss and neither is the DS.

I clearly answered you; however you didn't get it. I did PM you and due to your avoidance, I didn't disclose everything that you wanted to know that that time.

My girlfriend had a VGS & DS 7 years ago, spent over $10,000 cash and had the surgery in Brazil. She was there 30 days. When I asked the previous questions, it was for me to understand your situation and to be able to relay to my friend so I could give the best information to you.

Actually, I've been on another sites that have years of success. Actually, you are the first one that has "struggled" and gained the weight back that has posted about it. I'm not saying there are not people out there in your situation, just saying your the first that has this issue on a post that I've read.

I know I don't know everything; however I know more than you think. Like I've mentioned before, I've seen first hand what my friend went through (did I personally experience that...no). Also, I never had a weight problem growing up or most of my adult life. It wasn't until I experienced serious injuries: fractured back, fractured pelvis, bilateral fractured wrists, and bilateral sprained ankles which put me on the weight gain track. I understand your frustration when it comes to working out and not being able to lose the weight...s/p injuries. And other stuff that's not relavant.

Cockiness is projection from you my dear. Just because I "joined" this site a few days ago and was sleeved 7 months ago, is not where I base my information from. I have practiced medicine the past 6 years (I have prescribed and recommended this procedure to my patients) and have worked in the medical field the past 20 years (EMT/Firefighter, ER RN, helicopter/fixed wing flight nurse) along with 12 years of law. It's your assumption that I don't know anything and regret you're annoyed. Good luck to you and God Bless.

Well, the advise wasn't just for you, it was also for the other people who read the posts. I don't think you're rude, just ignorant and judgemental. I'm sure there are some readers who think...what the hell did you do to gain the weight back? Then, hopefully they don't start freaking out. The VGS is a tool not an end all to weight loss and neither is the DS.

I clearly answered you; however you didn't get it. I did PM you and due to your avoidance, I didn't disclose everything that you wanted to know that that time.

My girlfriend had a VGS & DS 7 years ago, spent over $10,000 cash and had the surgery in Brazil. She was there 30 days. When I asked the previous questions, it was for me to understand your situation and to be able to relay to my friend so I could give the best information to you.

Actually, I've been on another sites that have years of success. Actually, you are the first one that has "struggled" and gained the weight back that has posted about it. I'm not saying there are not people out there in your situation, just saying your the first that has this issue on a post that I've read.

I know I don't know everything; however I know more than you think. Like I've mentioned before, I've seen first hand what my friend went through (did I personally experience that...no). Also, I never had a weight problem growing up or most of my adult life. It wasn't until I experienced serious injuries: fractured back, fractured pelvis, bilateral fractured wrists, and bilateral sprained ankles which put me on the weight gain track. I understand your frustration when it comes to working out and not being able to lose the weight...s/p injuries. And other stuff that's not relavant.

Cockiness is projection from you my dear. Just because I "joined" this site a few days ago and was sleeved 7 months ago, is not where I base my information from. I have practiced medicine the past 6 years (I have prescribed and recommended this procedure to my patients) and have worked in the medical field the past 20 years (EMT/Firefighter, ER RN, helicopter/fixed wing flight nurse) along with 12 years of law. It's your assumption that I don't know anything and regret you're annoyed. Good luck to you and God Bless.

I don't usually jump onto the bandwagon when I see threads about to go wrong, but the OP isn't the only one who thinks you are cocky and arrogant. The OP asked for a specific question, she never stated she was getting a DS, she was asking for information and you lambasted her with your information that AGAIN, worked for you.

I get really annoyed when I see people like you on this site who think that sharing your so called medical expertise gives you the right to sit in judgement on other people. If this is your bedside manner, then I would be advising your patients to look for a new medical giver.

if you think I'm the only one struggling with regain you are crazy. Did you look at the vote on the thread on mentioned ? At least 15 people have voted they have gained 20 pounds or more, and dozens more 5-15 pounds Most people that have gained probably dont come to this site anymore either. You can't come here flashing your probably embellished credentials and expect people to respect your responses when you don't have your facts straight.

I don't usually jump onto the bandwagon when I see threads about to go wrong, but the OP isn't the only one who thinks you are cocky and arrogant. The OP asked for a specific question, she never stated she was getting a DS, she was asking for information and you lambasted her with your information that AGAIN, worked for you.

I get really annoyed when I see people like you on this site who think that sharing your so called medical expertise gives you the right to sit in judgement on other people. If this is your bedside manner, then I would be advising your patients to look for a new medical giver.

well said!!

Damn I hate when I miss a good fight!

Oh for the record I have over 6000 "views" on my profile and almost 8000 "likes"

But it doesn't mean that I know diddly squat! :P

Regain it's real and happens, read the vet forum sometime.

OP - I totally get where you are coming from. It's actually my worst fear that the sleeve won't work in the long run. Not everyone reaches their ideal goal and a big part of it is non-compliance but some of it is factors harder to control like genetics or thyroid problems. A great number of us are fighting a constant battle against our own bodies and always being one step ahead of the slump is very hard to maintain. Despite the pontification of some posters on here, I think the battle to maintain effects everyone in some way.

I won't say don't do another surgery but I will say I also know people who had gastric bypass or the DS revision you're talking about. A few of them got to goal but struggled with the maintenance and ended up gaining back. I know a woman who lost 150 lbs with gastric bypass but 5 years later she has gained more than 50 lbs back. She is in her 50s and overweight. And she has bad arthiritis now so exercise is difficult. There are no more interventions left for her other than diet and it's a daily struggle. Like the sleeve, DS and bypass are tools, not solutions by themselves. Could they help you get back down to goal? Sure they could. But there's no guarantee you won't find yourself in a similar position in another two years. There are lots of DS resources out there, which other posters shared. People who have undergone DS probably don't post on VSTalk anymore so that's probably why you didn't get a response you'd hoped for. Talking to your old surgeon or nutritionist or a WLS counselor may also help you to determine what options would be best for you at this point.

I am rooting for you! Wishing you all the best.

Dr. Ashmore sounds like a quack; from my medical viewpoint based on what you've mentioned. I regret if you like him; his information is not medically correct.

and you have the right to believe what you believe, but when I was losing, I never got more than 800 calories per day, ever...and that was only during the last month. After the first month, and that first month, I did good to get 300 - 400, afterwards I averaged 450 - 650. I did very well, reached goal and did not starve. My body never thought I was, as far as I can tell. I am pretty sure I could have lived off the fat of the land for a good six weeks. So, I may be a freak of nature, but I've been maintaining for two years and seven months. I think that speaks for itself.

Those articles are good read. Let me ask you this, if physicians were so up on their knowledge of nutrition, then why are the majority of Americans obese or morbidly obese? Why do we have the highest numbers of hypertension, diabetes, hypercholestermia, or Metabolic Syndrome?

Because we overeat and we're Americans, we want our money's worth. Big portions, buffets....we want to belly up to the trough and eat until we are past full. We know it's not good, we also know what smoking does, but yet, many still smoke and many more 'kids' will light up their first cigarette, today. The stats really don't matter to us, do they? If they did, we wouldn't be hanging out on this forum, pre-op or post-op. Our situation has little if anything to do with our physicians. If we can't shoulder the blame, I'm not sure success is possible, even if we have 85% of our stomach removed. I had this surgery because I was fat, overweight, chunky, chubby, big boned, as my mom use to say......whatever you want to call it, that is why I had this surgery. Portion Control, forced portion control because I had little, if any self control when it came to resisting. Now I do. I know we like to blame mother's but it was not my mom's fault and it was not my doctor's fault that I was fat. When I look in the mirror and point, I'm pointing at me. I was big and it was my fault, and at this point in my life, I am a thin me, and it is due to my diligence and obsession to be this way. The doctor did the surgery, but he isn't with me, monitoring what I do. If I fail, it is my fault, not his.

The best part of this is AngelNP must have deleted her post where she accused us all have have terrible self esteem and body image issues and therefore we were ignorant.

The best part of this is AngelNP must have deleted her post where she accused us all have have terrible self esteem and body image issues and therefore we were ignorant.

Actually you can give the credit of that to Alex :D

(I saw it last night and was disgusted)

I have currently 2' date='831 views on my profile as of today on gastricsleeve.com and 682 likes. I'm saying this not to boast, but believe some people may think I have something to offer. I also mention this so you can also read my posts there to get additional information and questions asked and answered by others. I believe in getting information from multiple sources.

Thanks again!

Have a great week.

Jen[/quote']

Thanks for sharing all the great info!

Oh, that reminds me! I looked at gastric sleeve .com.. And somebody loves to fight there too.

That's really too bad. I thanked her for her info prior to seeing how immature and catty she started getting later in the thread.