Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

VA - hon you sound better already!!! And we are always here for you.

Sweethot thank you so much for the advice on the under armor stuff!! I went to Walmart last night, in the men's dept and got a pair of the shorts. They aren't actual under armor but like everything else at walmart, the next best thing to it. :) WTG on the mile jog!!! I actually had a nsv in my new armor this morning. I did the walk up the hill but jog a half mile down. Pretty pleased with myself and there was no fat slapping when I did it. And to top all that off - IT WAS RAINING!!!

Because of the rain the course is closed today which means I'm sitting here at work all by myself - its all good though, I got like tons of nothing done today. I wrapped my dd b-day present and talked with Charlie (the greens guy) and well ... sometime I'll get some work done.

I have support group tonight. I'm gonna get weighed and maybe change my ticker. Fingers crossed. Last time I got weighed I was up to 190, which was down 1 1/2 lbs from the last time I'd been there but of course it was up 5 from my home scale. Don't ya just love how these scales play with your head?

i have a terrible cold today. uggh. so i didn't jog, but i'm so sore from yesterdays jog so i'm recovering. I did help a family from church clean their house today because they are moving and they have 7 kids so that was a workout! my back is killing me from all the scrubbing. the house is freaking huge. huge. huge. all the squatting and scrubbing made me sore.

glad you guys like the under armour tip. I hope you liked the pic of me in them. j/k I wish that was me! someday. I'm 25 so it's my goal to be hot in my 20's. lol.

Va-glad to hear that you are rid of that jerk. Try not to be bitter, it will only destroy you and not him

Good morning! I'm happy happy! I went to group last night and I'm down 5lbs since my last dr visit on July 25. Dr Sexy (yes he's sexy once again) was very pleased with me. I'm one of the lower BMI and he reassured me that I'm well above my one year average. The average is 40% weight loss the first year (which for me is about 36 lbs) and by the 3rd year it is 60%. I only have 8 more lbs to hit the 60% - woohoo - of course I want to lose the 100% the first year but at least I feel like I'm doing ok now. Yeah he's cute. ;)

I went out walking this morning and thanks to my handy dandy underwear I was able to jog another 1/2 a mile this morning without stopping. I love it. I have to tell you the story of my dogs - I have 2 shitzu's - Gigi who has total snob attitude, and Sandy who is just a happy go lucky love ya attitude. They walk with me, and love it. Sandy is kissing my face as soon as my alarm goes off, ready to walk. So yesterday we went and it started raining, Gigi doesn't do rain, she doesn't go out to pee if the grass is wet - so she was pissed. She kept stopping and standing there like WTF are we doing out here! So finally got her home and she was soaked! I toweled her off and got a chuckle. So today when I went out it was just a little misty - she stood on the porch like .. I don't think so... so I convinced her to come onto the driveway... again she stood there like .. hey are you serious its raining! So me and Sandy left her standing there. When we got back she was on the porch. Funny as heck. So I go in, towel off Sandy, and get my shower. I get ready for work and go in the dining room - theres a mess - she pooped and peed on my floor!!! The little shit-zu! Think she was telling me something?

Hello my loves!

Well, I'm an offical LIAR -- haha! I didn't ride my bike the other day and STILL havent. Ugh - OK, Today is the day though. I still have my cold which is causing major upper respitory problems BUT I think the deep breathing from the biking will help knock it out of there. I will just have to take it easy and build back up to my 15 miles a day.

damn it is so easy to get off track... it never ceases to amaze me.

It is so much easier to let the days slip away without making the effort.

I for one have been working TOO much. I work my day job from 8 till 5 or 6 pm. THEN I work as a freelance writer/editor -- I was up until 5:00am the night before working on THAT job. Then i had to be up and back at work at 8:00am the next morning.

UGHfaint.gif

I need the money though. It had just had me very distracted from the working out and that sort of thing. I've been eating healthy though. Haven't gain anything. Sooooo, life is good.

I just need to get my bicycling ass back in the saddle. I MISS it :-)

Nat!! Banannie! we miss you. You punks!

Vaband - girl. you are right about him. I for one still have trouble discussing situations like that due to what happened to me. My husband was and actually PRO and lying and pretending to be something that he wasn't. He pretended his way into my home, my life, my bed, his job, the UNITED STATES..... yeah, I understand.

He changed within hours too. and the man I loved disappeared.

It is a touchy, painful subject for me. But know that I am here for you. You have the right mentality. Keep listening to these lovely ladies. They are right. I know how much it hurts though. That is why I havent been able to really discuss it so much. I am still hurting from my professional liar. Over a year later and I still haven't gotten to the point where it is better.

Just be glad about one thing. He showed his true colors early. :-) THAT hurts now, but is a blessing for later. luv you girl! (hugs)

SweetHot - work that exercise girl! I am getting myself inspired by reading your and Stephs posts!! I'm thinking to myself, "hey lazy ass... they are going to take off and leave you behind. Get moving!" So, glad you are back posting regularly. Missed you when you were gone!

Steph - I absolutely adore you mamma! You are doing awesome with the walking. Wish i had you closer... then I would have someone to walk with. It is so hard to motivate myself and not have anyone to exercise with. Glad you found a work-out buddy. That has to help. you can keep eachother motivated to go each night.

Also, i have to say... you relationship advice is always so insightful and helpful. coming from you, you've been there and gone through so much. It offers a good amount of hope to see that people can come through with a wonderful, healthy relationship (and life) even after a rocky start.

It is also good to know that men can grow, learn, and change. My own brain is so messed up when it comes to men. I don't trust them. Don't trust them to be there when I wake up, don't trust them to be there in 3 months... so why even think about relationships? It helps to see that sometimes the man does stick around, and sometimes he turns out to be pretty wonderful. So, thank you for sharing your trails and tribulations. It really does help! :-) I just wanted you to know that.

BooBoo -- hope you are hanging in there honey. remember you can PM me whenever you want. I don't know that there is much we can say, but we are here for you if you need us. Focus on work and family -- and try not to dwell on him for right now. Stay healthy and if you need to talk come and find us!

jillrn -- I LOVE chinese food. I still eat it from time to time. and YES it goes down easy for me. I get the black bean and chicken -- mmmmmmmmmm..... havent had it in awhile, but I dont think there is a damn thing wrong with eating FOOD for a few days. As long as it doesnt spiral into weeks of bad eating. We are regular human beings who are entitled to eating some good food every once in a while!! We just have to regroup and get back to the grindstone once we've tasted some of the good stuff! So, glad to see ya back :-) You've got those 26 lbs girl!! I know you do!

bkwalling -- You have stuck with this like a trooper girl! I know the wieght was slow to start coming off, but YOU are an example of what hardwork and perserverance can do! You did NOT give up. I am sure you were frustrated, but you stuck with it! and now things are really moving along. Keep it up honey. You are strong and ready to do this. I am so glad that your band is finally getting itself sorted. Watch those pounds melt away!

bandivia -- wow! long time no see! Yeah, it is weird to talk about our year anniversary... still seems a long way off to me. I sure hope I can get rid of the rest of this weight by then, but things have really slowed down for me. My doctor said it is going to be slow going from now on, and i'd better get used to it.

I don't like SLOW. :-) So, I intend to try to prove him wrong. So, i guess that means my lazy butt better get up and moving... Ive taken a two week vacation from it and THAT is not going to get me to goal.

Keep coming back honey! love to hear from you!

Hey Ladies....just cominging in to post b/c I need even more support now :-( In addition to my 'man' problems......I just got laid off from my job this morning and only am getting 30 days of severance. So I'm freaking out b/c I don't want to have to dip into my savings and I really just can't afford to be unemployed. I have a mortgage, car payment, kids to feed, insurnace, ugh.....I just want to crawl into a hole and sleep forever!! And tomorrow is my b.day....happy Friggin b.day to me :-(

I feel like I've been such a downer in here lately but it just seems that nothing is going right lately!

Va- i only have a sec. i'm off to bunco. I'm so sorry for the job loss! That really sucks. Hey, don't worry about being a downer in here. Everyone goes through rough Patches and needs friends. This is your rough patch and I for one don't mind reading about it and sending prayers your way. What are computer friends for? So don't feel like that, write away. We are all here for your support.

I'll be back later for an update!

I second that motion.... I for one know about down times. And like sweethot I can verify that we DO NOT mind hearing about the troubles. In fact, I am glad that we can offer some comfort and give you a place to vent away the trouble. Life is too short to have to carry around burdens all by yourself.

We are here to take a little of the weight off of your shoulders! Dont get overwhelmed. First, forget about the man. THAT problem can wait. Sit down... get a resume tweaked and start looking for a new job. THAT is prority one right now. Look at everything in "parts" dont look at everything all at once or you are going to overwhelm yourself.

One step at a time. and yes, happy bday to you -- we can Celebrate later this month when you get that great new job girl!

Va - I agree with everything above. We're here for you, vent away! I actually told the support group last night that if it wasn't for all of you I don't think I'd be as far as I am. I am very dependant on all of you. I love ya to peices! I'll say a prayer for your job. BTW, what do you do?

Bman - girl take a nap! Theres no way I could get by on 3 hours of sleep! That is why you have a cold. Your body needs rest. I also wish I had you all near me to walk with, go to lunch with and be buds with. My support group just isn't quite like you all. Although I did sit next to a new girl last night who isn't banded yet - she's more my age (or younger) so maybe we'll strike up a bandship.

Sweethot -did I hear you say BUNCO!! I miss bunco. Our drama has done my group in.

Nat - Banannie - we miss you.

Ok, just a quick check in...

I've been busy with my car racing, and I'd love to say that was my excuse for not being on here much but it's not. I've been struggling the past month, partially due to the fact that tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my dad's sudden & unexpected death, and my sister and I have been working on the estate taxes this past month. Just lots of sadness to get through, and I fell back into emotional eating.

I've been bouncing around in the same 10 lbs, so it's way better than pre-banding when I'd just instantly gain a ton, and I'm trying to get more support from friends, family and a therapist, so I'm confident enough (finally) to show my face back here and say I *will* be back on track soon! ;)

I'll be out of town from this afternoon through Sunday (race school tomorrrow then another race this weekend) so I might be able to check back in later, if not, I promise to on Monday! I realize I do need y'all - I'm not perfect, and that's just plain ok. :)

Banannie -- Car racing??? since when do you race cars?? THAT is my all time dream and i dont know how to go about getting started! you MUST clue me in girl! i am an F1 and Indy car freak these days! I would love nothing more than to jump behind the wheel of one of those bad boys and dominate the track.

I own a '91 Nissan 240SX which is a little drift car. So, I am already a drift demon... i LOVE it. Something I didnt know about you!! We have alot in common.

Don't sweat the rocky last few weeks girl! You know that I understand that! You are the one that got me back in focus a month ago. So, dont let a few "hairy" weeks get you down. We love you regardless honey. Losing focus and gaining it back are what make you human. You're doing and incredible job. You know that. So, make sure you get your beautiful booty back in here to visit. You racing mamma you!

Steph -- yeah, sleep... something i need. I know Im exhausted. i have been since I got back from vacation 2 weeks ago, and i havent been catching up on the sleep. So, you are probably right about the whole sick thing. Ive been eating veges and Protein like it is going out of style trying to rebuild the immune system, BUT without sleep that is probably a losing battle. Ugh... too much LIFE not enough time...

I agree about you guys. We've gone through so much together. We've seen eachother in total FOCUS reayd to rock-n-roll times... and we've seen eachother at the pits of frustration, falling off of our focused high. It is good to know that we have those around us that know where we started and what we've been through to get where we are today.

I find it very comforting.

Sweethot & Steph -- I've been meaning to ask someone for the longest time... What on earth is Bunco?

Bunco is a dice game, rolling 3 dice, we play with 8 players. The way we play it is by rolling 6's. One 6 is one point, if you roll two 6's thats five points, you have to have at least one 6 to keep rolling, and we play partners, so we add our points together to get bunco, which is 21 points. If you roll three 6's thats a BIG BUNCO and atomatically wins that round. We set a timer for 1/2 hour and we keep track of the rounds and the big buncos. At the end of the 1/2 hour we switch partners, and then play another 1/2 hour. At the end we give out prizes, for the most, the least, the most BIG BUNCOs and... door prize. But its more then all that, whoever hosts the evening does a dinner - then in between half hours we have dessert. Its fun. That was probably more info then you wanted, hehe.

Speaking of racing cars... this weekend is the demo derby at the fair!! Woohoo... my son and his buddy's all do it. You know you're a redneck when... the highlight of fair week is the demo derby!!!

Hey Ladies....just cominging in to post b/c I need even more support now :-( In addition to my 'man' problems......I just got laid off from my job this morning and only am getting 30 days of severance. So I'm freaking out b/c I don't want to have to dip into my savings and I really just can't afford to be unemployed. I have a mortgage, car payment, kids to feed, insurnace, ugh.....I just want to crawl into a hole and sleep forever!! And tomorrow is my b.day....happy Friggin b.day to me :-(

I feel like I've been such a downer in here lately but it just seems that nothing is going right lately!

Kirsten--

I am so sorry sweetue! That absolutely sucks, but I am sure we can all agree when I say you will find something better for you! Everything happens for a reason, even the really shitty things that happen, I have to believe that or I am done for! ;) Good luck, we are all here for you sweetie!

BIG HUGS....

:clap2: I just got in from my walk/jog that I do with my dogs - I can't believe that gives me a whole mile today that I jogged! Never would I believe I could be doing this. When Kaydoll was doing all that running last spring I was just amazed and never ever thought I could do it too. Now I'm off to walk 2 miles with my niece.

Hey my ladies--

I had the greatest NVS today, which I need more than anything. David is going to send me to the funny farm. ;)

Anyways, went shopping at the resale shop. I had sold $60 there so I got to do some shopping without spending $$ which I love. Well I found this cute purple top that I just loved. I was just a medium, but I figured it would fit soon, so I got it along with a few other M tops that I had to have.

Well I got home and they all fit--and look smoking on me! NO JOKE! So I wore the purple one out today and got many looks and stares. I kept wondering why and never really thougt about it. Well at the gorgery store I was bent over and felt something, you know that someone is watching me look I looked over my shoulder and there was a guy checking out the ole caboose! ;) I was embarassed and turned red, he laughed and told me I shouldn't be embarassed at all and he wasn't sorry he got caught. Then I stood up and he came closer and tried to chat me up. Well I told him that I was married, (but my ring was not on because I had just dropped off to be sized down) he said where is the ring? I told him it was being sized and said goodbye. He told me to look him up if "things changed for me"!! LOL...I was shocked. I can not remeber the last time I was hit on like that, but I will have to say ti was the first time ever in a grocery store!

It feels so damn good to be that girl in the gorcery store! lol.... I should wear jeans and tight tops more often! :)

Boo I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you were looking mighty hot in that top! Size M - WTG!!! I have to say I was looking at your pics on Before and After and you look AMAZING! You look 15 years younger. I kept looking at your before pic and thinking you looked in your 40's (you still had nice skin and hair) but I just couldn't get over how much younger you look now. You didn't say if this guy in the store was good looking... hmmm? :)