Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking deflated!

I can't stand to look at pictures of me now. I look deflated! Like someone who lost a ton of weight ....which was my biggest fear. My chin/neck is the worst....saggy. My face looks droopy.

I remember thinking one of my friends looked better overweight when she first got to goal. But now I can't remember what she looked like chubby and she looks great! Maybe I'm just not used to the sudden change? Maybe it'll take time to tighten up? I know this sounds so vain but I think it's a real issue with rapid weight loss....right?

Anybody who has been at or close to goal for a while ever feel like this? Did it get better?

I looked pretty baggy and droopy for a while, but I think I look better now. That said, I have horrid bat wings and a wattle from hell. Alas. You get used to it, or at least I mostly have.

Things look a little better then they did at first.... I do exercises for my throat area, and it looks better than before!

Things look a little better then they did at first.... I do exercises for my throat area' date=' and it looks better than before![/quote']

Exercises for your throat area?? Oh please do share...!!

I felt the same way.... and it does get better. I looked so deflated at 6 months post op but by a year I was tightened up a lot. No loose skin at all now. You are young! Don't worry things do bounce back a bit.

Exercises for your throat area?? Oh please do share...!!

I take dance classes and we do chest lifts and some other things that tighten the muscles around the neck. try tensing the neck, lift rib cage and upper chest and keeping shoulders down... then relax... maybe 20 times, then repeat . I can see the muscles in my neck tighten when I do this... this is what you are looking for. There are other exercises posted on the internet... including laying on your bed with your head hanging over, and doing "situps" with your head. Gently letting it fall back, then raising it so your chin is close to your chest and back again. Just take care with this one!

I look deflated but I am! With more than 100 lbs. less of me, I do see baggy skin. Also, I'm closer to 60 than 50, so some of it is just age. Honestly, if I were in my 30s, I would consider plastic surgery, but at this point it is not worth it for me.

I've looked at lots of pictures of people who have had plastics after WLS, and I am lucky that my skin has fared as well as it has. You will not see me in a bikini or short shorts or skirts and those cute little bras from Victoria's Secret don't look good on me, but I don't need to wear compression garments to wear a snug top and nothing hangs over in a fold anywhere.

It has gotten better over the last year (I've been at goal for 15 months).

Lynda

Lynda

I do see my face as deflated. Lol I don't like it and i am contemplating a face lift but not sure if I want to put out all the money for it. I am at an age where I too am almost 60. Such tough decisions to make. Lol. My stomach looks like a deflated muffin, skin on my thighs is loose. And I can reach back and grab a big fold of skin. :( but I look really good in cloths. :)

I look way better dressed than I do naked! My face isn't, but I was 31 when I had surgery so it has bounced back well, just a little waddle under my chin that I am sure only I notice. I have bad arms, stomach and thighs and plan on getting some work done when I have the money to do so. I had read on another thread, I look 25 dressed and 75 naked, but I will take it!! Its not like I will be walking around naked anytime soon!

You know, it's interesting to me that even over 2 years out my body is still changing! I am 40 and I exercise a lot, always doing different workouts and changing things up. I have a lot of skin and I don't like how I look naked but with clothes on I don't think anyone else can tell. I plan on having some work done in the future but I am happy that my body is still changing and tightening!

How far out are you? I can't remember.

The change between one and two years post op was enormous. I looked different both in and out of my clothes. Between one year and two, I noticed my curves coming back. I didn't gain anything (in fact, I lost a bit) but my chest, hips and bottom rounded out, my saggy and soft parts started to look more smooth and less saggy. My face filled out again and I didn't look quite so tired and washed out all the time.

Losing weight made me look older, I think. In just a year, people stopped guessing my age in the low twenties and starting realizing I was really in my low thirties. I didn't look bad - I just didn't have that round shiny face that made me look so much younger.

But aside from that, I started to look more normal again, like I'd never had surgery and lost a bunch of weight once I'd settled at goal for a while.

I think part of it is our perception, too, though. I spent years looking at a fat girl in the mirror. I was round cheeks and large curves and everything was to excess.

How could I not feel flat, worn out and deflated seeing something else there? And in my case, as soon as I really got used to my reflection, I went and got pregnant. Now I'm relearning it all again.

~Cheri

I'm 8 months out and it's good to know there's hope for my saggy face! Haha! It got thin pretty quick and I'm sure a big part of my problem is that I've never had a thin face. Never! I just look weird to me lol. I wouldn't trade it for the world though. Was just wondering if there's hope for it tightening up. Thanks everyone!

I'm 8 months out. I went from a gerber baby face to an oval. My facial features are more defined but I have bags under my eyes. My butt droops& my bingo wings are unbeatable. I still have 20lbs to go so I don't know what my stomach will look like--that's where the rest of my weight is. I'm 30& single, so I'm considering plastics, but not into the scars, risks& expense.

Eight months?! Geez, girl, you're definitely going to fill out again. Just wait it out. I know what you mean about not recognizing your face, too. I never had a thin face (or less than two chins) so for the longest time I wouldn't recognize myself. My husband would walk in the room and see me just staring at the mirror and ask me what the heck I was doing. I was trying to find ME in there!

~Cheri

What's weird with me is at my TRUE GOAL (150) my face "falls in on itself" That's my way of putting it. My neck looks better but one side of my face developes this true saggy fold. When I'm up about 5-10 pounds my face looks better but I don't feel good at that weight and my neck looks worse! Lol. And at close to 60, I would dearly love to have a Lifeslyle Lift and may later. I can deal with the small apron and somewhat handy arms but my face/ neck really bugs me.

You, younguns. Be SOO happy you found this early on in life!, your skin has the elasticity that will really aid you and after months of weight loss really does rebound I've been told.