Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking deflated!

I'm definitely doing the body lift. I lost alot of weight....I need it. I never cared about BMI or goal weights...but I care about this!!! I want to take off my shirt and look half normal. I'm there now if I just didn't have this huge roll of skin where my belly used to be. It makes me feel like I'm still fat. I don't want to feel that for the rest of my life.

I already went to one consult, and it was a friggin nightmare. Holy crap! The way it was put to me, you ladies get kind of desensitized to it all from years of obgyn visits, but most of us men have nothing comparable. So when that doc said strip I was a little apprehensive. Then he asked if he could have his female assistant come in and take the pics while he held extra skin this way and that, and marked me up with a sharpie.

PICS????

Uh....I was already shitting in my pants so I said sure..why not? Well, you gotta understand that with all this exercise and weight loss it frees up alot of extra testerosterone for us men. Meaning....well....it's sorta like being back in junior high. Sometimes you just can't control yourself. So here I am trying not to vomit from nerves and trying not to have an inappropriate erection at the same time....oh Jeez!

Long story short....I really needed a valium after that little visit. And now here I am about to go for another one in 2 weeks because it doesn't seem right to go with the first surgeon I meet. I hope this next one is easier. I don't think I can do too many more of these consults.

I'm definitely doing the body lift. I lost alot of weight....I need it. I never cared about BMI or goal weights...but I care about this!!! I want to take off my shirt and look half normal. I'm there now if I just didn't have this huge roll of skin where my belly used to be. It makes me feel like I'm still fat. I don't want to feel that for the rest of my life.

I already went to one consult' date=' and it was a friggin nightmare. Holy crap! The way it was put to me, you ladies get kind of desensitized to it all from years of obgyn visits, but most of us men have nothing comparable. So when that doc said strip I was a little apprehensive. Then he asked if he could have his female assistant come in and take the pics while he held extra skin this way and that, and marked me up with a sharpie.

PICS????

Uh....I was already shitting in my pants so I said sure..why not? Well, you gotta understand that with all this exercise and weight loss it frees up alot of extra testerosterone for us men. Meaning....well....it's sorta like being back in junior high. Sometimes you just can't control yourself. So here I am trying not to vomit from nerves and trying not to have an inappropriate erection at the same time....oh Jeez!

Long story short....I really needed a valium after that little visit. And now here I am about to go for another one in 2 weeks because it doesn't seem right to go with the first surgeon I meet. I hope this next one is easier. I don't think I can do too many more of these consults.[/quote']

OMG I never thought about all the exposure and pictures? you'd have to do in the consult! Also I bet the doctor would probably think I needed the works!

I would be feeling just like you butter, I'm sure,

Well except for the erection part.... :)

OMG I never thought about all the exposure and pictures? you'd have to do in the consult! Also I bet the doctor would probably think I needed the works!

I would be feeling just like you butter, I'm sure,

Well except for the erection part.... :)

Yeah, next time I'm going to wear my stars and stripes bikini thong and ask to keep it on. If I do get an erection, we can all sing the national anthem while he takes the pictures.

Hummmm, perhaps we could get a discount rate for a group of us? LOL :P

Don't laugh, my dad talked a plastic surgeon into giving him a rate for doing him and my mom! (him and her face lifts)

Butter, my initial consult was TRAUMATIC. They pointed out things I had never even noticed - apparently my boobs are uneven and i never knew that!!! They lifted my skin...eeekss. They pulled on said skin to show me what it would look like after the lift. It was awful, I came home and cried.

I did 3 more consults and I have to tell you that by the end they made me feel BETTER about my looks. The plastic surgeons helped me realize that i am at a good healthy weight, that which looks like fat is actually skin, they helped me realize how lucky I have it. You will love this, the last consult I had the surgeon told me that my shoulders and upper chest and below the knees are perfect... and everything else can be fixed..hahaha. Seriously, some women have huge fat calves or don't have a nice shape to their upper arms and shoulders and those really can't be fixed. For the first time in my life, i was grateful for the horror of my inner thigh fat/skin.

Anyway, I too feel that I will always feel fat as long as I am packing around that pouch of skin - especially around my lower tummy and um... it sorta impacts my girlie area too. I am looking forward to all that being fixed!

My advice is to get multiple consults - every surgeon has a slightly different recommendation. And then, if mone is an issue, don't rule out Mexico...

Hmmm... Do we go through a coordinator for that? :D

Um no I've had all my work done down in TJ no coordinator neede lmao

Yeah, next time I'm going to wear my stars and stripes bikini thong and ask to keep it on. If I do get an erection, we can all sing the national anthem while he takes the pictures.

That would be a interesting consult!! At least I didn't have to worry about that during mine.

But I have to say, even after having 2 babies and countless yearly exams, they did not prepare me for a plastics consults. I didn't think they would take pictures either. And when they did, I literally started crying in the office I was so scared and embarrassed about my body. The good thing that came out is that he told me a had a really good shape to my body and told me I was the perfect candidate for plastics. I can't go for a couple of years yet just because we do not have the funds right now. But eventually!

And Laura, I would let you take the thighs this go around, but I get everything else and I am not sharing!! Sorry everyone else!

I already went to one consult, and it was a friggin nightmare. Holy crap! The way it was put to me, you ladies get kind of desensitized to it all from years of obgyn visits, but most of us men have nothing comparable. So when that doc said strip I was a little apprehensive. Then he asked if he could have his female assistant come in and take the pics while he held extra skin this way and that, and marked me up with a sharpie.

PICS????

Long story short....I really needed a valium after that little visit. And now here I am about to go for another one in 2 weeks because it doesn't seem right to go with the first surgeon I meet. I hope this next one is easier. I don't think I can do too many more of these consults.

Butter, my initial consult was TRAUMATIC. They pointed out things I had never even noticed - apparently my boobs are uneven and i never knew that!!! They lifted my skin...eeekss. They pulled on said skin to show me what it would look like after the lift. It was awful, I came home and cried.

I did 3 more consults and I have to tell you that by the end they made me feel BETTER about my looks. The plastic surgeons helped me realize that i am at a good healthy weight, that which looks like fat is actually skin, they helped me realize how lucky I have it. You will love this, the last consult I had the surgeon told me that my shoulders and upper chest and below the knees are perfect... and everything else can be fixed..hahaha. Seriously, some women have huge fat calves or don't have a nice shape to their upper arms and shoulders and those really can't be fixed. For the first time in my life, i was grateful for the horror of my inner thigh fat/skin.

Anyway, I too feel that I will always feel fat as long as I am packing around that pouch of skin - especially around my lower tummy and um... it sorta impacts my girlie area too. I am looking forward to all that being fixed!

My advice is to get multiple consults - every surgeon has a slightly different recommendation. And then, if mone is an issue, don't rule out Mexico...

That would be a interesting consult!! At least I didn't have to worry about that during mine.

But I have to say, even after having 2 babies and countless yearly exams, they did not prepare me for a plastics consults. I didn't think they would take pictures either. And when they did, I literally started crying in the office I was so scared and embarrassed about my body. The good thing that came out is that he told me a had a really good shape to my body and told me I was the perfect candidate for plastics. I can't go for a couple of years yet just because we do not have the funds right now. But eventually!

And Laura, I would let you take the thighs this go around, but I get everything else and I am not sharing!! Sorry everyone else!

Okay, GO ahead and add me to the group of "First Consult with a Plastic Surgeon Was the Worst Day of My Life" ...gah! I had a first consult in May and was horrified. Checked in with the friendly receptionist who promptly ushered me to what I can only describe as the Blue Room. That beautiful blue background that they shoot the pictures in front of. Handed me a triangle to cover my girlie bits... (Butter you didn't get a triangle???) and commenced with the "photo shoot." Oh, and my absolute FAV shot off all was me standing sideways and arched over like I'm about to dive into a swimming pool. THAT WAS FUN. And I AM a woman who has birthed TWO children and been to the OBGYN dr. many times and THAT is pretty much NOTHING compared to this. I guess I probably wasn't prepared as much as I thought I was.

Then off to what I would call the Computer Room with the GIANT screen, where the surgeon pulled up my fresh skin photos complete with blue background and lovely blue triangle so that he could draw all over my body on the screen showing me what he could and could not fix and how much it would all cost.

The final and third insult was getting all nekkid in front of the surgeon who did push and pull the skin while I got to watch in a full length mirror. Horrifying. Truly. Not. Fun.

I left feeling horrible. If I do have surgery at some point I will be looking for another consult. Or two!

Hmmm... Do we go through a coordinator for that? :D

If not a coordinator, well at least very good tequila...

Okay, GO ahead and add me to the group of "First Consult with a Plastic Surgeon Was the Worst Day of My Life" ...gah! I had a first consult in May and was horrified. Checked in with the friendly receptionist who promptly ushered me to what I can only describe as the Blue Room. That beautiful blue background that they shoot the pictures in front of. Handed me a triangle to cover my girlie bits... (Butter you didn't get a triangle???) and commenced with the "photo shoot." Oh, and my absolute FAV shot off all was me standing sideways and arched over like I'm about to dive into a swimming pool. THAT WAS FUN. And I AM a woman who has birthed TWO children and been to the OBGYN dr. many times and THAT is pretty much NOTHING compared to this. I guess I probably wasn't prepared as much as I thought I was.

Then off to what I would call the Computer Room with the GIANT screen, where the surgeon pulled up my fresh skin photos complete with blue background and lovely blue triangle so that he could draw all over my body on the screen showing me what he could and could not fix and how much it would all cost.

The final and third insult was getting all nekkid in front of the surgeon who did push and pull the skin while I got to watch in a full length mirror. Horrifying. Truly. Not. Fun.

I left feeling horrible. If I do have surgery at some point I will be looking for another consult. Or two!

I was not lucky enough to have a little triangle of anything! Buck naked, arms pointed this way and that for pictures, and then buck naked in front of the surgeon. Although, I have to say getting to see my naked pictures would have even been worse...that is just cruel!

Hey, so a question about doing the plastic route after VSG.

Most plans from the VSG surgery say to wait at least 18 months, in order to give the skin a chance to bounce back. I see folks posting all the time about getting some work done around anywhere from 9 months post op. Why not wait? I mean going under the knife is a huge risk ( maybe more than VSG) and there is a really disruptive recovery time. There are some alternatives that can be tried like wraps, stomach belts, sweat paste ( apply to problem areas) and more. Much less expensive, far lower risk and they may actually correct part of the loose skin issue while waiting for skin to bounce. Do bot forget about the more conventional approaches like strength training, eating a diet consistent with producing good healthy skin and drinking a ton of Water. I do not know the reliability of non-conventional methods as have never tried them, but as a minimum, waiting 18 months post op seems like a default course of action.

Most plans from the VSG surgery say to wait at least 18 months, in order to give the skin a chance to bounce back. I see folks posting all the time about getting some work done around anywhere from 9 months post op. Why not wait? I mean going under the knife is a huge risk ( maybe more than VSG) and there is a really disruptive recovery time. There are some alternatives that can be tried like wraps, stomach belts, sweat paste ( apply to problem areas) and more. Much less expensive, far lower risk and they may actually correct part of the loose skin issue while waiting for skin to bounce. Do bot forget about the more conventional approaches like strength training, eating a diet consistent with producing good healthy skin and drinking a ton of Water. I do not know the reliability of non-conventional methods as have never tried them, but as a minimum, waiting 18 months post op seems like a default course of action.

I agree. What I was told is to be at goal for year before plastics. Your body does change a lot, even if you are not losing weight. For me, in the back if my head, I always had a fear of regain (well, still do). I wanted to be at a stable weight before deciding on plastics because I didn't want to go through it all only to start gaining weight. I have been a fairly stable weight (within 10lbs) for probably close to 18 months. Now, I would get plastics tomorrow if I could, just a matter of finances.

If I were younger, I would probably really pursue body plastics but at my age (59) I'm really more interested in face/neck. Has anybody gotten pricing on something like the Lifestyle Lift or similar. Not really interested in full facelift stuff. I'm too scared of the outcome! LOL

Hey' date=' so a question about doing the plastic route after VSG.

Most plans from the VSG surgery say to wait at least 18 months, in order to give the skin a chance to bounce back. I see folks posting all the time about getting some work done around anywhere from 9 months post op. Why not wait? I mean going under the knife is a huge risk ( maybe more than VSG) and there is a really disruptive recovery time. There are some alternatives that can be tried like wraps, stomach belts, sweat paste ( apply to problem areas) and more. Much less expensive, far lower risk and they may actually correct part of the loose skin issue while waiting for skin to bounce. Do bot forget about the more conventional approaches like strength training, eating a diet consistent with producing good healthy skin and drinking a ton of Water. I do not know the reliability of non-conventional methods as have never tried them, but as a minimum, waiting 18 months post op seems like a default course of action.[/quote']

Fiddle....I lost a fair bit of weight, and it was all around my stomach. I drink at least a gallon of Water a day....I log it. My skin is healthy, I weight train.....but there just isn't a possibility that this much extra skin is going to shrink up and disappear. Not what I have. And there isn't enough sit-ups in the world to change that. For some people who weren't so big, your approach is a wise one. But for me, man it ain't gonna happen without plastic surgery, and I'm ready to get on with being sexy. I'm tired of this deflated spare tire.

Well, honestly Fiddle, I'm nearing in on 3 years post-op, and from what I can tell things have improved from when I was about 9 months post-op, so I think that is a completely valid response. It really depends so much on age, heredity, amount lost, amount of time spent being obese, etc. There is just not one way that works for everyone. I also drink a ton of Water, but no amount of water is going to shrink what I've got. I'm still very much undecided on plastics. I'm currently in a mode of trying to love the skin I'm in. :lol: I'll let you all know how that works out for me. :wacko:

I agree. What I was told is to be at goal for year before plastics. Your body does change a lot, even if you are not losing weight. For me, in the back if my head, I always had a fear of regain (well, still do). I wanted to be at a stable weight before deciding on plastics because I didn't want to go through it all only to start gaining weight. I have been a fairly stable weight (within 10lbs) for probably close to 18 months. Now, I would get plastics tomorrow if I could, just a matter of finances.

Ooooh let's have a contest...which is worse...no triangle to cover it, OR the huge giant poster size computer screen that magnified the skin! :blink:<_<

I hope you get your money soon! :)