Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone used Nioxin shampoo/cleanser/scalp therapy?

ULTA has this on sale starting today. I read the reviews they have online and they were mixed. Some liked it a lot, others thought it was the worst product ever. I know opinions are just that, opinions. I would love to hear from anyone that has used this product and also is/or will be sleeved. The people that wrote their reviews on the ULTA site were not sleeved. Just curious if being sleeved makes a difference with the product. Thanks in advance.

Good morning! I started using Nioxin products and Biotin a few weeks after my surgery. I personally have had great success, My hair that fell out (and it was a lot) has grown back!

Good morning! I started using Nioxin products and Biotin a few weeks after my surgery. I personally have had great success' date=' My hair that fell out (and it was a lot) has grown back![/quote']

Thanks Deekaspor.

I used it, too, and really feel like it helped slow the loss down more quickly and my regrowth was much faster than it might have been. Find it on sale, or buy the starter kit on Amazon (it used to be competitively priced) and give it a try.

~Cheri

It helped me. I know because it slowed my Hair loss and about a week after I ran out, my hair was falling out by the handfuls again!

Hit send too fast..... it does dry your hair out some so I would suggest alternaing it with a moisturizing Shampoo and conditioner or use a leave-in conditioner.

Thanks clk. it looks like ULTA has it on sale.

Hit send too fast..... it does dry your hair out some so I would suggest alternaing it with a moisturizing Shampoo and conditioner or use a leave-in conditioner.

Thanks for the suggestion about alternating with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I'll keep that in mind.

I read several reviews on Nioxin as I planned to purchase and use it when the time comes. I have encountered a lot of reviews that state that the original Nioxin was wonderful and worked very well. They say it has since been bought by Procter and Gamble and they changed the formula. They said the change was not a positive one and that it doesn't work anymore. Not as well as it did before anyway. I would love to hear from someone that has used it before the buyout and after. Does anyone know anything about this?

As a hair stylist--Nioxin is one of the best systems out there for thinning hair. In a nutshell nioxin was designed to really clear out all clogged hair follicles that get clogged due to various reasons. In a sense it will help grow your hair back faster, as it keeps all impurities out of the way. That being said, it is a CLEANSER. It will strip out all oils, the good along with the bad. So if you choose to use the system- use the whole system!

If you choose just to use some of the products I would say alternate the usage. Or your hair will feel dry as well.

Also, about the formula changing- most professional products sold "over the counter" so to say or at grocery stores etc... are either "watered down" or the formula has been changed to be sold to the public, or is even old expired product that unfortunately some cheapskates get their hands on and sell for double the price. Now this is not the case for all beauty stores, but more often than not this is the case.

If I can make a recommendation of where the public can purchase the product, go to a local beauty salon (even places like Great Clips, and Ulta, or any Regis chain, for men Sport clips will have it) and buy from the professionals themselves - for little to no price difference. They have access to all the products you could ever need (and most if the time straight from the distributors) that is fresh and accurately labeled.

As someone that's been sleeved-

I am definitely loosing a lot of hair right now, but I choose to not use nioxin. As I still have a lot of hair and didn't want to dry out what was still relatively healthy.

Good luck to all my fellow sleepers, hope this helps..

(Ps. Excuse all the grammatical errors, as it was typed carefully from my iPhone.)

Kellyj574, Thank you so much for that informative response! Do you think they have it at Sally beauty supplies?

It's worth a look, Sally's usually has generic variations of all the products, and they usually work very well. I would check it out if I were you. Usually the people that work at Sally's know their products well enough to let you know if its the right thing for your hair. =)

And no problem! I know how important our crowning glory is to all of us, and how heart wrenching it is to see it fall out in such large quantities, I'm glad if I can help!

As a hair stylist--Nioxin is one of the best systems out there for thinning hair. In a nutshell nioxin was designed to really clear out all clogged hair follicles that get clogged due to various reasons. In a sense it will help grow your hair back faster' date=' as it keeps all impurities out of the way. That being said, it is a CLEANSER. It will strip out all oils, the good along with the bad. So if you choose to use the system- use the whole system!

If you choose just to use some of the products I would say alternate the usage. Or your hair will feel dry as well.

Also, about the formula changing- most professional products sold "over the counter" so to say or at grocery stores etc... are either "watered down" or the formula has been changed to be sold to the public, or is even old expired product that unfortunately some cheapskates get their hands on and sell for double the price. Now this is not the case for all beauty stores, but more often than not this is the case.

If I can make a recommendation of where the public can purchase the product, go to a local beauty salon (even places like Great Clips, and Ulta, or any Regis chain, for men Sport clips will have it) and buy from the professionals themselves - for little to no price difference. They have access to all the products you could ever need (and most if the time straight from the distributors) that is fresh and accurately labeled.

I am definitely loosing a lot of hair right now, but I choose to not use nioxin. As I still have a lot of hair and didn't want to dry out what was still relatively healthy.

(Ps. Excuse all the grammatical errors, as it was typed carefully from my iPhone.)[/quote']

Kellyj574 thanks for the great response. If you aren't using Nioxin, are you using anything to help with your Hair loss?

Yes it does work, my hair has always been thin I started using it about year ago and have seen great results with it

As a hair stylist--Nioxin is one of the best systems out there for thinning hair. In a nutshell nioxin was designed to really clear out all clogged hair follicles that get clogged due to various reasons. In a sense it will help grow your hair back faster, as it keeps all impurities out of the way. That being said, it is a CLEANSER. It will strip out all oils, the good along with the bad. So if you choose to use the system- use the whole system!

(Ps. Excuse all the grammatical errors, as it was typed carefully from my iPhone.)

I agree with you Kelly. I am a stylist as well. We haven't been able to sell Nioxin since the change. I will tell you that Redken has an amazing product. Intraforce has shocked me with the results. I have an older client that was on the verge of purchasing a wig. She's been using it for a couple of months now, and when I do her hair I no longer see scalp. Noticable Hair growth. Very impressed with this product. Please purchase your products from a professional salon to insure quality.