Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New - doctor recommeded I join

Bright eyes, this is a great place to get support and information. Welcome aboard. I too have my first appt psych, nutrition, etc, in August 12th. My coordinator says the next thing will be scheduling for my surgery. Does your doctor have a program fee? Mine is $1000.00 out of pocket that insurance will not pay. Good luck to you.

We are in the exact same boat. I'm just tired of having to roll off the beach chair and ready to feel comfortable ????????????

Bright eyes' date=' this is a great place to get support and information. Welcome aboard. I too have my first appt psych, nutrition, etc, in August 12th. My coordinator says the next thing will be scheduling for my surgery. Does your doctor have a program fee? Mine is 1000.00 out of pocket that insurance will not pay. Good luck to you.[/quote']

Program fee? What on earth is that for? The aftercare program? Never heard of a program fee and I hope it doesn't catch on.

Program fee? What on earth is that for? The aftercare program? Never heard of a program fee and I hope it doesn't catch on.

Yes, a program fee that covers Protein powder, Vitamins, pre and post-op exercise physiology eval. Message board access, support group for life, program and insurance administration, and unlimited dietician support for the first year after surgery.

Welcome!! I hadn't surgery 9 weeks ago tomorrow. I can tell you that for the most part, I am extreme happy that I did this. It most certainly is not the "easy way" to do this. You will also have plenty of ups and downs throughout the process. I have recently become a little saddened by my inability to enjoy food. I have had to realize that my life, socially and otherwise, can no longer revolve around eating. But that has made me appreciate more the choice I have made for myself and realize that now I'm learning to look at food like the skinny person I always wanted to be. Loving food and missing it when we can't have it, is what got us here in the first place. It has finally become time for me to change that unhealthy relationship. I think everyone goes through this. Plan for it, accept it and know one day you will have to make that choice. Do you want to be thin and heathy or overweight and comforted by what's on your plate? Make sure you have a support system to hug you and live you along the way! Plus, there is always this board and everyone's unending desire to help each and everyone on here succeed! Good luck to you!

Bright eyes' date=' this is a great place to get support and information. Welcome aboard. I too have my first appt psych, nutrition, etc, in August 12th. My coordinator says the next thing will be scheduling for my surgery. Does your doctor have a program fee? Mine is 1000.00 out of pocket that insurance will not pay. Good luck to you.[/quote']

I have my normal co-pays and nothing out of pocket besides that. I haven't heard of a program that has additional fees.

Bright eyes, this is a great place to get support and information. Welcome aboard. I too have my first appt psych, nutrition, etc, in August 12th. My coordinator says the next thing will be scheduling for my surgery. Does your doctor have a program fee? Mine is $1000.00 out of pocket that insurance will not pay. Good luck to you.

Actually mine did as well, but not $1000.00. I had to pay $300 for a pre-surgery class and about $150 for the two bags of Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement shakes (for the two-week preop diet). I paid a $25 fee for FMLA paperwork handling and I think I've paid a bill or two that they've sent me.

Actually mine did as well' date=' but not 1000.00. I had to pay 300 for a pre-surgery class and about 150 for the two bags of Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement shakes (for the two-week preop diet). I paid a 25 fee for FMLA paperwork handling and I think I've paid a bill or two that they've sent me. [/quote']

I guess I will need to have a conversation with my case manager then. So far I have only had to to pay my co-pays, but if there are some additional cost I might have to postpone. I work federal service and its already financially taxing that I am taking a 20% pay cut for the next several months because of the furloughs. I don't have it in my budget to pay more than my co-pays.

Welcome.. I think you have came to the right place. I haven't had my surgery yet but hopefully in August. But I do know that since joining this forum I have learned a lot and completely solidified my decision on the sleeve. Don't be afraid to ask question, vent or whatever because everyone on here is super supportive and will help in anyway possible. I also am a little worried about my body afterwards.. but then i think of the health benefits im going to gain.. and i know its worth it.. Best of luck to you!

Welcome.. I think you have came to the right place. I haven't had my surgery yet but hopefully in August. But I do know that since joining this forum I have learned a lot and completely solidified my decision on the sleeve. Don't be afraid to ask question' date=' vent or whatever because everyone on here is super supportive and will help in anyway possible. I also am a little worried about my body afterwards.. but then i think of the health benefits im going to gain.. and i know its worth it.. Best of luck to you![/quote']

Hello NotLookingBack. I too hope to have my surgery in August as well. And I am concerned myself about having excess skin after I've reached my goal weight. I think your right, as long as we are happy and healthy that's all that counts. Welcome aboard.