Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~January Chat!

Hello my peeps!

Happy 2007 to you! I'm already starting this year as my best ever. My biggest New Year's resolution was to quit smoking. I am now on day two and going strong. Yesterday evening was tough, I kept reaching for one or starting to ask my hubby for one then I caught myself and did something else.

I am now officially down 60 pounds since May 06! It amazes me each and every time I step on the scale. I did some major purging in my closet and now have 7 huge trash bags full of clothes to give away. I went to Old Navy on Saturday with the intention of getting some smaller jeans. They didn't have the size I wanted (14!!!) but I did get some cute camo pants and a sweater (XL!). I also did some online shopping at Torrid yesterday, so hopefully I will have some things to get me through awhile longer.

As this new years begins I can't help but reflect on 2006 a bit. I have made some amazing connections with people here and I can't thank you enough for cheering me on and being in my corner. You guys rawk!!

Here's to 2007!!

Peace.

Drewslou - Thanks once again for creating a new months thread. You are doing so well. I wish everyone a happy new year. I con't remember entering a new year with so much hope. Its a great feeling. I am down to a size 36 waist pants and a large shirt. That feels weird not having to put at least one "X" in front of large. I went to a Dallas Stars hockey game for New Year's eve and felt comfortable in the seat for the first time. The last time I went I had to wedge myself in the seat. This time I sat comfortably and my whole arm fit in between me and the arm rest. Hope everyone had as good of one as I did.

As I was cleaning out my closet this weekend I came across what used to be my fave jeans. These are a size 22 and used to be pretty tight on me.

Look at me now!

post-205860-13813134481216_thumb.jpg

post-205860-13813134481868_thumb.jpg

I need to do somemore closet purging! I cleaned it about about 2 months ago. I have a friend at work that was banded about 1 month before me and she can usually wear my clothes after I get to small for them. It's time to clean out again. It feels absolutely incredible to not wear plus sizes or anything with X in it. My large shirts are getting too big and I am in 12 or 14 pants now. There are so much more clothing selections now! I think my old shopping habit may start creeping back. I just called my surgeon's office to find out my pre-surgery measurements. I will post those once I have a chance to compare tonight.

Drews- way to go on the smoking...or not smoking I should say. Hang in there! That's a great idea of the pics of the jeans..I have some tight 22's I have been saving as well. I may see if hubby will take a pic for comparison.

Neal - that is awesome on the hockey seats! I can't wait to go to Six Flags this spring and see how I fit in all of the rides.

Can't wait to hear from everyone else! You all have meant so much to me!

Kim - to answer you question you posted in the December thread - the difference between womens/misses sizing is usually an inch or so in the waist/hips. For example measurements for Lands End:

Misses 16 waist 34.5-36 and hips 44.5

Womens 16 waist 37-38 and hips 45

I found that I could always wear the one size larger in misses than I did in plus/womens sizes. Now that I am a misses 12/14, I can no longer wear plus sizes...WAHOO!

Thanks for the info Alicia. Can't wait til I get completely out of the plus sizes, congrats on that!

Drews - looking good girl! Come up with that roller derby name yet?

I called my surgeon's office to get my pre-surgery stats and measured last night. Here they are!

3/6/06 (pre-surgery)

Neck: 15 1/8

R. Arm 15 1/4

L. Arm 14 1/2

Bust: 46 3/4

Waist: 41 1/2

Hips: 53 1/4

1/3/07 (almost 8 months out)

Neck: 13 1/2

R. Arm: 12

L. Arm 12

Bust: 39

Waist: 33 1/2

Hips: 42 1/2

Okay.. dug out my initial measurements from my first meeting with Dr. Rose and my 6 month exam measurements... I think I've lost around 36 inches! WOW! They didn't measure thighs and I wish I had done so, because I think they are a lot smaller.

05/01/06 (pre-surgery)

Neck: 16

R. Arm 19 1/2

L. Arm 18 3/4

Bust: 53 1/2

Waist: 52

Hips: 58

12/11/06 (almost 6 months out)

Neck: 14

R. Arm: 14 1/2

L. Arm 14

Bust: 47 1/4

Waist: 39

Hips: 47 1/2

Thanks for bringing this up Alicia! I love any NSV! Anyone else wanna share?

Wow Kim - you are really shrinking!!! I also wished I had measured my thighs! I may start now and keep it up on a monthly basis.

I wish I knew mine. Maybe my doctor's office will have them. The only thing I know is my pant size has gone from a 54/56 inch waist to a 36 inch waist. Us guys just don't think about stuff like that I guess.