Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 weeks out from having my sleeve & my problem is that I dont get all the Protein and I am scared that I wont lose weight because of it. Can anybody give me any suggestions? I have ALOT of weight to lose & I cant let something like that stop me.

HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

What's stopping you from getting all of your Protein in? And, Protein itself won't cause you NOT to lose weight - you need to make sure you're getting your fluids & Vitamins in, as well as your protein, to aid in healing and muscle rebuilding. THAT'S most important at this stage in your recovery process.

Once you're healed, the weight will start to come off - it can't help itself!

I agree with JoiaRox. If you follow the plan, the weight will come off.

It probably took me 4+ weeks before I was even close to getting in all the Protein. Hydration is the most important factor the first few weeks out. Isopure makes a clear protein liquid (tastes HORRIBLE), but it has around 40g of protein in it.

I dont actually know whats stopping me...I kinda dont know what to eat or maybe Im not eating enuff. I eat eggs or yoguart for Breakfast, chicken salad or fish for lunch BUT sometimes I dont eat dinner. I really need to lose this weight so I have to get this right. Just any advice will help!!!!!! I'm also, not motivated to walk or workout. I need some serious help

At 4 weeks out it's pretty hard to get in all the Protein requirements. Focus on eating Proteins first and some veggies if possible. You are going to have times where the scale just stands still and doesn't move and during this process, your body will be losing inches too. Do the best you can and sit back and enjoy your new journey. It will happen. :P

I dont actually know whats stopping me...I kinda dont know what to eat or maybe Im not eating enuff. I eat eggs or yoguart for Breakfast, chicken salad or fish for lunch BUT sometimes I dont eat dinner. I really need to lose this weight so I have to get this right. Just any advice will help!!!!!! I'm also, not motivated to walk or workout. I need some serious help

Sounds like you need to spend some time looking on the inside for what's going on...some ideas:

1. Track your food (use MyFitnessPal or similar free program online) to see what you're consuming, if you're not already. You MUST eat enough calories or your body won't lose - funny way of thinking, I know. Print out reports of your habits (or bring them up on your phone) to take to your doctor/NUT to discuss what you're doing and what you could be doing differently.

2. Focus on high Protein, at this point. If it doesn't have a good Protein number, it doesn't belong in your mouth. You are HEALING - you can't afford to eat stuff that may go down easily or be a former fave food if you're sacrificing nutrition.

3. Get off your ass. Yes, I know that's harsh - but why choose to be weak and make excuses? Be stronger than your excuses. GO FOR A WALK. If you have a smartphone, download the "Couch to 5k" app to help motivate you toward a goal. Set a goal yourself outside of that - even mini-goals (i.e. take 10 minute walks 3x/day) are important. Share your goals with your support network (family, friends, Facebook, etc.) and Celebrate your accomplishments with them.

SO MUCH of this journey is in your head - you have GOT to start conquering THAT, in whatever way works best for you, before you can expect results. Sure, the sleeve is a fantastic tool that forces a behavior modification (i.e. smaller portion sizes), but you've got to make the right choices in the kitchen AND the gym (figuratively - many don't "work out" at the gym) if you want to see results.

This surgery was NOT a magic wand. If you were led to believe that, that's highly unfortunate. Take charge of this journey - because it's YOUR journey. No one else can do this for you!

I add a little unflavored Protein Powder to almost everything I eat. Can you do the same? Is that allowed?

You are doing great so far!!

There are a lot of factors that go into losing. Getting your Protein in is important to maintain energy and muscle. You have to get in enough calories a day Where does your doctor want you to be? At 6 weeks out my doctor wanted me at 1000 calories a day. Try adding a high Protein shake a day to increase your numbers. Where are you in your diet? What is a typical day for you?

Skipping meals won't help you lose, try eating smaller meals more often. I agree with those above, it is hard initially get in all your Protein, but you need to do your best for your own sake. You can do this!! Tracking with a program like MyFitnessPal absolutely helps. It is not easy getting into an exercise plan. Start slow, but move. Walk... park further at the market. Walk up the street. Go up and down the stairs a few times. It will get much easier as you lose, your mobility will get better and better and you'll be able to do more. Anything is better than nothing. 'll say it again, You can do this! You made a great decision to go forward with surgery, finish the job and do everything you can to be as successful as you can. You have a great tool to help you. now is the time to be committed. We are all here for you and are all going through this together.

Even just 5-10 minutes of walking per day will help. As days go on, add a few minutes. Before you know it, you'll be walking 30 minutes and feeling GREAT for doing it. If you aren't eating dinner, be sure to at least drink a Protein Shake. Your body wants/needs that Protein. I know they aren't the greatest, but like I said...before you know it you'll be dropping pounds and feeling AWESOME!

You need to give yourself credit for what you have accomplished, from what I see, you have lost 30lbs. However, no one can motivate you but you. I hate to exercise but I do it everyday because I know that it helps with the weight loss, and tightening up loose skin. It doesn't have to be a lot, start with a 10 minute walk , and then slowly add on 5 minutes until you get up to 30-45 minutes. You can do it, put on some headphones and listen to 3 of your favorite songs while walking, depending on the song this should be roughly 10 minutes. You can listen to 3 songs right? just move your feet while doing it. Give it a try. As for the Protein, I found I had a hard time with the Protein Shakes at first but then found some EAS low carb ones that I could tolerate. Add in a Protein Shake, and watch that you aren't eating stuff that's not protein or veggies, or fruit. Good luck, let us know how you are doing.

I just started soft foods last Tuesday. I still have the nectar Fuzzy Navel Protein Drink every morning. Reminds me of orange juice and it has 23g of Protein. I also have protein "shots" by Body Fortress. They are 2.9 oz each and have 26g of protein. I have only needed to use 1 so far on a day that foods weren't going down that easily.

Good luck!

I add a little unflavored Protein Powder to almost everything I eat. Can you do the same? Is that allowed?

I do that too. Go online and get Unjury unflavored Protein and add it to things. I like to boil an egg, mash it up and add mayo, mustard, vinegar and half a scoop of the protein. Of course I add it to pudding, Soup, shakes and anything else I can think of!