Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was your hospital stay?

I've gotten sleeved on the 6/12 and plans were I would go home as of Friday, but they are keeping me till tomorrow- hopefully I can go home tomorrow.. I've been having pain mostly where my drain is. And I had a bad cause of nausea I'm still only on 60mL of Clear liquids :(

I'm wandering how many of you have had such elongated stays? My nurses won't say much as far as what is normal, just that it is different from person to person.

It is different from one to another. I've seen people leave the next day and other after two days.

I had a two night stay, spent one night at home, than came back to the ER for another 4 days. Be patient and follow your drs recommendations. They will be able to control the nausea better than you can at home.

Hope you feel better soon.

I've gotten sleeved on the 6/12 and plans were I would go home as of Friday, but they are keeping me till tomorrow- hopefully I can go home tomorrow.. I've been having pain mostly where my drain is. And I had a bad cause of nausea I'm still only on 60mL of Clear Liquids :(

I'm wandering how many of you have had such elongated stays? My nurses won't say much as far as what is normal, just that it is different from person to person.

I was under the impression that 1 day is normal. I was in 1 day which almost turned into 2 because of an issue I had with fluids.

I was sleeved and went home in 3 days.....I then returned 3 days later as I had turned septic....my stay was 5 months and 8 operations later..I am home now and working the sleeve/by-pass....that's right I am a high bred....I have both now......

Overnight...and that was only because I died during surgery (briefly) - otherwise, I would have been able to go home same day.

4 days due to nausea and lack of Fluid intake.

Overnight...and that was only because I died during surgery (briefly) - otherwise' date=' I would have been able to go home same day.[/quote']

Died briefly ???

2 overnight stays and I considered staying a third because of pain but decided I would be fine (surgery was Wednesday morning and was discharged Friday at 11am)

10 days. Severe nausea caused dry heaving. Ripped sutures. Had second surgery next day to repair. Horrible experience.

Now I'm really concerned. These experiences sound terrible!

I was sleeved 9 days ago..had little pain the 1st todays..after that no pain meds..had a hard time walking up straight but that went away on day 5..im having a hard time with fluids n protien but im trying to get it in..

I was sleeved at 8:30am on Friday (5/31) and left around 2:30pm on Sunday so just over 2 days. In addition to the sleeve, I also had my gallbladder removed. Other than when I woke up from surgery, I had very little pain and only a couple bouts of mild nausea. The first few days were rough for me because my stomach would seize when I drank anything -- didn't really hurt but very uncomfortable. This is normal and has gone away for the most part. I haven't thrown up and the mild nausea stopped for me about 36 hours after surgery. Everyone is different so it's good to know the possibilities.

2 days only because I wasn't ready to leave after one night.

I was in a total of 6 days, only because of a minor complication. Immediately after surgery (the next morning) I was taken for a "leak test". After drinking the dye, they began the imaging study...only to discover there was so much inflammation, in my sleeve, that nothing was able to pass through. I threw up the dye almost immediately, and was taken back to my room, and the NG tube put back in, and left in for 4.5 days, to give the inflammation time to resolve. On the evening of day 5 post-op the NG tube was removed, and I was allowed to slowly sip Water. In the middle of the night I was allowed to try clear broth, and the following morning I was allowed to try a Protein Shake. When all of those things went down without a hitch, I was allowed to go home the afternoon of day 6 post-op. Now a year post-op (June 19th), I'm still only able to eat around 3oz of solid food at a time, and have 6 small meals scheduled throughout my day, to ensure I get enough Protein and calories. I don't mind that my sleeve runs a little small....its obviously working for me, as a tool to manage my weight, and I couldn't be happier with the experience! The surgeons and doctors at Beth Israel Deaconess (in Boston) took amazing good care of me, while I was in-hospital, and even with the delay in going home, I would do it all over again in a minute. :)

Sleeved on Monday, 6/10, and went home Tuesday night. Most of Tuesday was great then felt really bad right before discharge, but that was mostly just the gas in my stomach trying to find a way out.....not pleasant!