Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hey Melissa I am getting banded on the 6th too. And as for the liquid diet I have been on it sicne last Tuesday because my Dr requires two weeks on Optifast. I am to the point now where I just plug my nose and chug it down. It is making me want to barf.

Greg- Great job on the 18.5 pound loss so far! I have not wieghed myself yet (monday is my wiegh in day) so hopefully tomorrow I will see some sort of a loss from my Optifast and daily walking. I have definitly had more energy this weekend than usual so that is a good thing!

Hey Babygirl,

That is great we are on the same day, we can compare our pain and pain meds! LOL. Wow two weeks, I dont blame you for feeling like barfing. I will be complaining next week I am sure. Are you nervous about surgery or what comes after? At this point I am really excited and looking forward to all of it. I am wondering how I am going to work through all of the challenges after I am banded. I have to travel a lot for work and that means dinners out many nights with co workers. I am hoping I can hide my new eating style without drawing attention to it. Have you told many people?

Hi All, Thanks Chris. Hey Greg top effort mate! Get those pounds off.:biggrin1: I am not really excited about the surgery, just excited about losing weight and feeling better. Susannah

The doctor I am going to (Dr Ortiz) allows for the Atkins diet in place of the liquid diet, so that is what i decided to do.....however I am only on day 2 and if I see another piece of bacon and maybe sick....

But my husband and daughter (she's 10) are being very supportive and we are trying to plan variety in advance for the next couple of weeks. I am hoping to lose atleast 10lbs before surgery.

17 more days....I am so excited.

To keep my mind off food these next couple of weeks, I am going to go through all the boxes of clothes that I thought I would never wear again and sort them by size so as I lose I can just pull out the next box. Plus I need to figure out how to do the ticker that most people have at the bottom of the page.

on feb. 10th i start my liquid diet - well, liquid for 2 meals and then a lean cuisine for dinner. :confused: that isn't going to be a lot of fun. if i could stick to something like that, i wouldn't need the band! but i will do my absolute damnedest because i want this to be a SUCCESS!!!

anyhow, i ordered some medical grade Protein Powder online to halp the process along and to use after i'm banded. stocked up on sugar free carbonation-free soda (well, fruit punch in a can. LOL.) i even bought caffeine free coffee Beans although that was a little too soon. LOL. i have lists and lists and lists written out planning for every little thing.

what's killing me now is a.) the waiting (of course) and b.) the last-meal syndrome... "i have to eat this now because pretty soon i won't be able to...!" :confused: BAD SILRY, BAD!!!

today i saw a very obsese lady at the sub shop where i got lunch and it reminded me of why i am getting this done... i do not EVER want to be that lady.

well, that's about it for tonight. tomorrow i am going to try to go back on my pre-found-out-i-was-going-to-be-banded diet. ie: weight watchers. if i am expected to lose 5% of my weight before my surgery... i need to get cracking!!!

good luck to all you pre-op dieters!!! i feel for ya, i really do!!! :hungry:

Melissa- I have told everyone! I actually work in the OR of the hospital where I am getting my surgery done so hiding it is not really an option for me! Everyone has been very supportive. One of my coworkers has started walking daily with me and is really good about keeping me motivated. Everyone has seen my Optifast and have been very good about not eating super delicious things in front of me. Don't worry too much about your dinners out. At first it might be difficult when you have to eat certain foods but eventually you will be able to introduce most foods back into your diet, just at much smaller portions. And you will have to make sure you take smaller bites and chew more. I am looking forward to my surgery, mostly to get off of this Optifast. I am still a little nervous on how I am going to be with food. I am the first to admit I am miserable not being able to eat right now. I hope I will learn to cope without having a slice of pizza in my hands.

Mom2sassy- I am way jealous of your bacon!!!!! And I think you can fix your ticker by switching the 0 and 88!

Silry- you can do it! Just think of how tasty that Lean Cuisine is going to be after liquids alll day! I had last meal syndrome too. Everything was in excess. It was really bad. I have also been planning and getting my things together too. I have ordered my Vitamins, Iron and Calcium (chewable from Bariatric Advantage) and I am getting some Isopure this week for protien drinks. I also need to get some unflavored protien powder to mix into things like oatmeal and yogurt.

I am excited for all our FEB bandsters.... I can not believe by the end of this week we will have several members banded!!!!!

I actually forced myself to eat some steamed brocoli last night... (I am commited to try and incorporating veggies to my diet) I CAN NOT STAND COOKED VEGTABLES.. I pretended to like it so that my son would try it, and by golly he LOVED IT... dh said to "suck it up mom!" as he was smirking under his breath............

Oh and cabin fever has gotten the best of my boys......... they knocked down a wall in my kitchen on saturday and it was a trip to Home Depot for us..... I ended up bagging and dragging trashbags full of drywall out ot the curb all afternoon.. and let me tell you by that evening I was SOOOOOO sore!

Tracy,

Have you ever tried chinese stir fried vegtables? They are crispy almost as if they are not cooked. Then maybe if you like them you can learn to cook them similiarily and go from there.

Just a thought.

I just got back from my pre-tests. Chest xray, blood work and a EKG. I hope everything is to their liking. I have to drink Clear Liquids the day before. Thats it! Now I just wait till Feb.12th. Good Luck to All.

Pam: thanks for the tip... it was frozen and steamed.. I will try different versions...

Kedasmom! whooohoooo your getting close!

I have not heard anything yet.. (sniff, sniff)

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

I called my surgons nurse today to get a surgery date and February 13th is it. So I get to start my pre-op diet tomorrow....not much warning though, I guess the less I think about it maybe the easier it will be.

Hello All!

Please add me as a pending Feb. bandster. I called the Dr. today, and all of the paperwork has been submited to the insurance company. The insurance company has 30 days to make their decision, but a previous call to them told me that it is a covered surgery under my plan. I hope this will speed up the process, but I'm not counting on it. I will update you when I get my aproval and surgery date. I am so nervous and excited, but I feel like I am in Limbo Land. This site is keeping me busy, so that helps. Everyone here is so great! Thanks, Teresa

Hi All,

I called my insurance company last week and they said it was a go:clap2: So I called my surgeon and the office scheduled me for March 19 (th earliest open slot). Well, OK that's good but then I had to call again and they said they had a cancellation for FEB. 12 so I took it. :dance: I started my high Protein, low calorie diet today and will be happy to have that over with. I now have the pleasure of going back through this thread to get to know you all. :high5:

Good Journey,

Terri