Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hi

I have not started my liquid diet yet but I wonder if it is because your not getting enough protien. The nutrionist I saw told me carnation instant Breakfast does not have much Protein in it. Adkins Advantage and Slim Fast Optima have more. Good luck! I am worried about starting the liquid part of this plan.

I think I need to start a diet... my farewell to food tour is so out of hand! my fattest jeans are now getting to tight.

We got 6.5 inches of snow last night and this morning we went outside and built a snowman... I was sweating like a pig.. and I felt like one too... next winter.... I'll be HOT!

Thanks Melo7! I am on the slimfast optima. 3 or 4 a day, but I have only been drinking 2 or 3. I don't like the taste of them very well, so I just don't drink them until I have to. Maybe this is why, but it seems weird as soon as I drink one it's seems thats when my headache starts. I have some K2o Water with Protein in it I'll add that and see if it helps! I think I dreaded the liquid diet the most. Today is my third day with 11 more to go. I really haven't been that hungry, just mainly habits its what I have had to control. These stupid headache have bothered me more than doing without food. I don't have headaches very often, but I have had them everyday since this liquid diet started. Thanks for listening!

I've been told by my surgeon that I don't need to do a pre-op diet at all. All I have to do is not eat a heavy meal the day before. I kind of wish I did need to do a pre-op diet because at the moment my eating isn't great. I'm not eating that much in volume just loads of simple carbs. It's almost as if my last supper is going to last three weeks.:hungry:

I haven't heard from Dr. Ortiz' nutritionist yet. I am assuming it will be in the next ten days or so. I guess the liquid diet is the thing that is scaring me the most. The reason I want this surgery is my lack of willpower.

Also, I am having a heck of a time figuring out this diet ticker thing. I am somewhat technically challenged. Hopefully it will work this time.

LouiseR. . . I hear you about wishing to do a pre-test diet, I don't have to either. Just liquids the day before. It would be like practicing, having to do it for a while before. Then those who do get a head start on their weight loss.

The Carnation Breakfast with 1 cup fat free milk is about 15 grams of Protein. Just how many grams are we suppose to get aday.

well (wanna be) ill be right behind you ... hope to be banded by the same docs in early march.... i'm gonna have to search out some other alternatives to the slim fast optima and find some non lactose... due to milk allergy!! any suggestions anyone to help me get thru my 2 weeks liquid - non lactose ..:o

donna

I have my nutritionist meeting today...... I'm excited, I just wish it was over..... :o

I remembered to take my vitiman today.......... DID YOU?

OKay one day into my liquid diet. I did it. I hate it, but I did it. I had the worst day at work today and now I understand just how much food comforts me. I cried and cried and cried the whole way home because I knew all I could eat was my garden Tomato Optifast Soup. I am doing better now but wow was that hard.

I got my optifast from my doctor. I am not allowed the bars only liquid and I can have 1 sugar free Jello per day if I want it. I was given the chicken soup, Tomato Soup, vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry shakes. They are not bad tasting but they certainly taste like diet food. I have to eat 5 per day so I am just having one of each daily to change it up. Also if you are allowed to have diet soda try mixing the vanilla with diet root beer or diet orange soda. It made a pretty tasty drink today once the foam settled down. It would probably be better to use flat soda.

I also walked for 30 minutes today on my break. I found a coworker to keep my company and hold me accountable daily so we are going to walk every day. I just can't wait until it is warmer outside so we can walk around the hospital and not through it.

Let's see, oh my weekend was fun. I got to hang out with my girlfriends and do a few things that will be off limits after surgery. (Mostly involving alcohol lol) and I had my last "last dinner". Yeah who puts on 10 pounds in a month from overeating...yup me. I was definitly getting out of control.

Well hope everyone is having a good day TTYL.

well I'm back from the nutritionist......... she was really nice... BUT she and I didn't agree on some things... she was skinny as a rail and probably would slit her wrists if she ever hit 150...... but she was very nice, and she IS ok'ng me for surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH! Now i just have to wait for her letter and the shrinks letter.......... HURRY UP, HURRY UP!

I changed my date to Feb. 15 w/ Dr. Ortiz in TJ, Mexico. I was scheduled for Feb 22, but I am one of the most impatient people ever. Payment is in the mail, so no turning back now.

I am buying the airline tickets tonight. :clap2: