Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Kelsy: That is sure exciting! but WOW a whole month! I only plan on taking 3 days off work (plus a weekend). I would suggest you fill out an FLMA (Family Leave Medical Act) paper easily downloaded off of www.dol.gov. This would ensure that you have a job when you come back... (they don't have to PAY you but they do have to save a job for you) Good Luck and keep us posted... (even though I won't be getting banded in February!) :cry

I was so shocked that he said a month! The woman i work with was out for 2 1/2 weeks .. But he also said if i want to go back in 3 weeks once i follow up with him, that'd be okay too. I am hoping for that!

I will fill out a form at my job and take a LOA.. They usually do not give problems when it's medical related. But i'm the Receptionist and being out means there has to be major coverage, So i am slightly expected a little bit of grief. The job is not my life, THIS is my life.. If they can not accept that...well .. too bad for them! Or me who will be out of a job, lol.

Hi February Bandsters

I am scheduled for surgery on February 13th I have to start my pre op CIB liquid diet Tuesday January 16th (4 weeks) I am looking forward to surgery but a little nervous about the liquid diet. My surgeon says I have a large liver that requires a extra 2 wks of diet to shrink it that much. It has been along journey that started back in July 06, a lot of hoops to go threw.

Good Luck and lets keep in touch

Terry

I am surprised at how relatively easy my experience has been. I went to a meeting about bariatrics back in June last year. I had already been seeing my doctor who had me on a diet and I really just wanted to see what it was all about. All I had ever heard about was the bypass so the info on the band was all new stuff to me. I was on the fence about it and figured I would give it more time and on Thanksgiving I just decided to go for it. I went to work the next day and talked to the coordinator (I am getting the surgery through the hospital I work at) and she gave me all the info I fill out. I gave her all my doctors note and she took care of the insurance for me and we got everything scheduled. I actually could have had my surgery on the 22 of this month but I have a trip planned with some friends on the 19th and I need that "last supper" so to say before starting my liquids. I am really excited.

I have my date Feb. 12th. I feel like I must be the only one who has been waiting a long time. I started all my visits and meetings (at U-Mass Weight Center,in Worcester, MA )in April 06. In March I went to my own Dr. to get his okay and document my weight and other health issues. Maybe it's my insurance that requires all of this(Blue Cross Blue Shield). But, my day if finally in sight. I'm so excited! My children are very supportive, my Husband is a different story, he is awful when it comes to surgerys, tubes, cuts, blood anything to do with hospitals and sick people. (On top of that his father died Jan 1st). So I'm on my own with this, at home anyway. But then there is my COMPUTER. Thanks Bonnie

Hi Terry, congrats on your surgery date. I am day3 of my 3 week liquid diet, and going good so far. Take it one day at a time, and remember every marathon starts with little steps. Susannah

Kedasmom-I also have BCBS though I am in Michigan. I think I was just lucky because my Dr. had already put me on the diet 6 months before I went to my first seminar. So I already had that documentation and I still had more from after sicne I did not decide to do it until Nov. I still had to have bloodowork, Upper GI, psych evaluation, and turn in more documentation of past dieting attempts. Again luckily I always kept my weight watcher record books and diet diaries every time I had tried a diet so I had ton of stuff to give to my coordinator. Plus my coordinator is on the ball. She is really one of the most helpful people in this whole process.

I start my liquids on the 22. UGH.

Happy Sunday all you lucky Feb bandsters!

I have my psyc eval this wednesday..... I think I need to slow down on my eating now, because I have just been out of control since starting this process... I don't know if I'm on a fare well to food tour or what.. I just know it is a little nuts... Welcome to all the newly posting feb bandsters!

I have my date Feb. 12th. I feel like I must be the only one who has been waiting a long time. I started all my visits and meetings (at U-Mass Weight Center,in Worcester, MA )in April 06. In March I went to my own Dr. to get his okay and document my weight and other health issues. Maybe it's my insurance that requires all of this(Blue Cross Blue Shield). But, my day if finally in sight. I'm so excited! My children are very supportive, my Husband is a different story, he is awful when it comes to surgerys, tubes, cuts, blood anything to do with hospitals and sick people. (On top of that his father died Jan 1st). So I'm on my own with this, at home anyway. But then there is my COMPUTER. Thanks Bonnie

I am scheduled fro the 12th too, at Beth Israel in Boston. I just hope my insurance (Neighborhood Health Plan) doesn't back out on me! I am so excited too!! good luck :)

Happy MLK DAY!

Nothing really to report... I'm just passing time til my appointments are done and I can actually schedule a date.

The waiting is the hardest part. It felt like forever when I had to wait for 3 weeks to see the Doctor. Not like 3 weeks is really a long time but it felt like an eternity. I feel really lucky that I was able to set up all of my appointments right away and not ahve to wait for one thing to be done before I could do another. I am so not a patient person!

:phanvan Can someone help me, I went to "tickerfactory". Everything went fine till I got to the cut and paste, I do not know how to do this. Help! I'm the only one here in this house who can use a computer. And I'm alittle sad in that department.:help: