Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

My better half is skeerd of my moods when faced with me being on liquids!!! ;) He said that he and the boys will run and hide when needed! LOL

Hi Tracy, thanks for the list! Maybe you can be our den mother! lol.:biggrin1: You have me listed as 2/8/07, but I am 2/2/07. Good on ya and good luck with it.:clap2: Susannah

Hi Tracy, I'm scheduled for the 2nd of February!! :high5: :dance: I was originally scheduled to have my surgery on the 29th of January, but my surgeon's office called yesterday afternoon to tell me that he has had a personal matter come up and will not be able to do my surgery on that day. It's really disappointing ;), but what can I do? At least the surgery is still on. I can't wait! But I know it will be here before I know it. :faint:

OK... Here's hoping I got everyone: ;)

Greg - 2/2/07 <O:p</O:p

Susannah - 02/02/07<O:p</O:p

Staceyrtl - 02/02/07<O:p</O:p

Babygrl1234 - 02/06/07<O:p</O:p

HeatherPA -Pending

Chris - Pending

TracyKS - (psyc & nutrition 1/17 & 1/22)

<O:p</O:p

I was really hoping for a January date, but after my surgeons office got off the phone with my insurance, I found out I had to do two things... and getting appointments quickly was nearly impossible.... I'm hoping for the middle to end of Feb now.

Stacy: Yes I would be dissapointed too! you are right though it will come soon enough.

I will try my best to keep up our list.... OK?

Everyone have a fabulous day!

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I got an email from my docs office and the hospital I have to go to due to insurance is booked all the way into MARCH! So unless someone cancels and I can get bumped up.. there is NO way I'm even going to make a Feb date.

I'm trying to take a deep breath and be patient... (but that is not one of my strong suits) CRAP!CRAP!CRAP!

OK.. done bellyaching now

I had my psych eval yesterday and everything went great. She was probably one of the coolest professionals I have ever met. I think mostly because she dropped the F-bomb a lot. But she has had a band for two years now so she could really go into detail on how it is to have one and how I am going to react to certain situations. But she told me she would clear me for my surgery!!! So now I am done, I just have to wait. I keep getting a bit more excited and a bit more scared each day. Scared mostly I think of the anesthesia since I have never been in surgery before. But I ma still really excited. The next big step will be my Optifast starting Jan 22. Now that will be interesting to say the least.

I went to my final appointment yesterday. I was told it would be a 30 min appointment w/ the surgeon but it ended up being alittle over 2 hours! First, I had to go in a small meeting room and there were 2 other people who are also getting the lapband. The surgeon and an army doctor came in and explained everything, bascially went over the stuff we already knew from the information meetings. He asked if we had any questions, we asked a few.

Then he took us back to the other room were the nutritionist and dr. offices were so he could meet with us individually and answer any questions we did not want to ask as a group. Of course i was last! lol. After they put me in one of the rooms, The army doctor came in and went over my chart asked a couple of questions and had me sign the consent forms.

Shortly after the surgeon came in and we talked for abit and he went over my weight. I had gained weight over the holidays then the nurtitionist asked me to try to drop a couple pounds on the next vist (yesterday's visit) and i did, 8lbs to be exact! Needless to say, the doctor was very pleased!

After that, The woman who schedules the surgery dates came in and said the next available date will be feb. 12th or the 14th. I chose the 12th not only because it's the earliest but because the 14th is my mom's birthday! She said he has 2 other surgery's booked on the 12th, but since mine is a lapband, he should be able to squeeze me in too.

She said they'll sent me the information in the mail, dates, what i'm supposed to do, etc etc.

AND i have one last appointment with the anaesthesiologist on feb 5th. I also mentioned that i will need a letter to take a LOA from work. I'm a Receptionist and he says i should be out for atleast a month!! My job is NOT going to like that, but i have a follow up in 3 wks and if i feel okay, He sad i can go back to work. Which i am hoping for!

The surgeon said he has to submit a letter to my PCP and my insurance company for the final approval. I can't see coming THIS far and being denied. Though, while i was at my psych visit, she had a man hysterical on the phone because the insurance called and said they would -not- pay for his surgery the day BEFORE he was scheduled... This was after they had already approved him and everything. That was scary..

Well, that's my semi-long story! I'm excited like krazy :sing: :lost1.5lbs:

Kelsy: That is sure exciting! but WOW a whole month! I only plan on taking 3 days off work (plus a weekend). I would suggest you fill out an FLMA (Family Leave Medical Act) paper easily downloaded off of www.dol.gov. This would ensure that you have a job when you come back... (they don't have to PAY you but they do have to save a job for you) Good Luck and keep us posted... (even though I won't be getting banded in February!) :cry

Is there anyone out there with a February surgery date? I found out last week that mine is on February 1. Was shooting for December 06, then hoping for January 07, now thankful it's finally set for February! My surgery is scheduled with Dr. Malley in Kansas City.

My date is Feb. 23 with Dr. Ortez. I have had the surgery date for 3 months so it seems like it has been a long time but it is getting closer now that others are talking Feb. I kinda feel like part of the group now that there is a Feb. post :clap2:

Wilma

Hi all, Tracy you may get banded in February. People do cancel at the last minute, so don't stop hoping. Good on ya Wilma and Kelsy. I wish you lots of luck with your banding journey.:biggrin1: Susannah

I am also a February bandster!!!! February 2nd is my date!!!! Yahoo!!!!

Dori in California...