Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

I have now dropped 3.5lbs of the 4.5lbs that I appeared to gain this week. It was obviously Fluid retention so hopefully the rest will disappear just as quickly. I'm planning to start swimming in earnest this week so that can only help!

I guess the main thing here is that we don't give up. It would be so easy to slip into those bad food habits again because we're so frustrated with the scale. Thank you for all of the help in motivation. Just reading LBT is so helpful. You're right, Mary, we can do this.

p.s. I hate my scale today....says I'm up 3 pounds.....scale MUST be broken!!!!!

Last night we had a party at my house and I drank for the first time since having my surgery. Granted it was only 3 smirnoff raspberry coolers.. But still, I had a buzz and felt great!

There was tons of food but I mainly stuck to crackers and cheese.

I had a fill at my last appointment - And had to go to the "3-4 days liquids, 3-4 days mushies" then onto stage 5. To be safe, I did 4 days of each because the doctor said doing that ^ you can easily drop close to 10lbs.

Now I am on stage 5.. Finally! I have yet to eat bread, Pasta, etc. But I did buy a couple of those mini chicken noodle Soup to go cups by campbell's. I think i'll try one today.

I still have not weighed myself. In fact I do not even own a scale >.< I plan to only weigh myself at each appointment. People constantly telling me that I'm losing more weight and the difference is my clothes is enough to ease my mind. Besides I am more focused on the "size" I want to be. Rather than the actual weight number. I refuse to allow myself to be discouraged.

I have a pair of pants that i LOVE LOVE LOOOVE! And I saved them for years even though I could no longer fit them. I could only get them half way up my thigh and now? Those sucks slide right on! I need probably an inch or more in the thigh area to be more comfortable.. but they fit!! I am so happy : )

:wow2: You're doing wonderfully!! You've plenty to be proud of -- 10 more pounds & you'll be 1/2 way to goal!

That's awesome progress, Ravenheart!:cheer2:

If you don't mind my asking, did you do a pre-op diet or loose it all post-op? I didn't have a pre-op diet & wonder if (& how much) that jump start helps in loosing post-op...? Just curious.

;) Great job!

I was on a pre-op diet 2 weeks before, but i didn't follow it...managed to lose 5 pounds before surgery. My whole thing is that i eat 3 times a day and I don't ever eat bread or Pasta. I only drink Water and have an occasional drink when I go out. I also go to the gym 3 days a week. I think I have myself on a really good plan. The doctor keeps yelling at me that I'm losing to fast, you are only suppose to lose 1-2 pounds a week. I seem to average 3-5 pounds a week. But its not because I'm starving myself, so it just must be the way my body is.

I know alot of people on here thought the results after the band would be faster, but you have to look at it this way...even if you've only lost 10 pounds, its still 10 pounds that you would not have lost without the band.

I just had my 3rd fill this week and I can't eat much . I think I may be too restricted - I lost 4 lbs in 4 days, consuming about 500-600 cals a day and I'm becoming more familiar than I ever wanted with PBing and Sliming. I have 8 ccs in a 10 cc band. Is anyone else experiencing too much restriction? If so, is it the same as I'm describing? After my 1st and 2nd fills, restriction seemed to disipate a little in about 10 days... I'm trying to hold out until then to see if this is going to 'relax', but I'm not sure that's wise. Any advice?

Hi Guys,

Thought id check in. After reading up a bit it seems like we are definitely in the same boat.

Ive had a time of it...

When i got home (maine) it started snowing and stayed snowing until just a few days ago. I was a good girl initially, even went to the gym DAILY for the first two and a half weeks,...then Fluid RETENTION kicked in, at the same time my allergies got the best of me and started taking benadryl (which knocks me out). I had TWO cycles since ive gotten home in late March. I think i might be encroaching a third. I dont know whats up with that. I will be asking dr about it when i see him next week.

anyway...i gained 8 lbs back.

I am back on liquids to see if i can get my stomach used to not so much food anymore, and get it to a good place. I get on the plane in two days to fly out to houston for my second fill! im hoping its an agressive one and will put me back on the right track. The good news is the snow is MELTING (sixty degrees today) and today is the first day ive not had ANY allergy meds of any kind!

Tres, Id call my dr if that were me. I hope it loosens on its own and you dont have to get unfilled, but id definitely call in a day or two if it hasnt gotten better. Please post what happens?

:happybday2:

Hope your birthday wishes come true!

So :hungry:, what did you choose to splurge on?

I got some ribs and a loaded baked potato. Delicious. I also had waaaay too much to drink this weekend since my dh threw me a surprise party on saturday and my best friend took me to a Tigers game yesterday. I do not want to climb on the scale today.

hey btw...

i stepped on the scale this morning and im five lbs lighter!

Remember i said i had gained 8 and was kind of out of control, so i went back on liquid diet to regain a sense of 'reboot and restart' to get my stomach back to accepting smaller amounts of food and being grateful for it????

that was THREE DAYS AGO. FIVE LBS!!!

I dont plan to stay on this for too much longer. I just wanted to drop the eight i JUST put on (and just about as quickly).

so heres what ive been doing: maybe it will help any of you who get stuck and need a push, if it helps:

breakfast: three oz of zero carb Isopure strawberry mix , 12 oz cold Water, handfull of pecans and one banana in blender= Breakfast shake

a little later, a cup of earl grey with one teaspoon honey

lunch: one and a half cup of any purreed Soup. (i like the box Soups from cambells)

later afternoon when im starving: three oz of zerocarb isopure with 12 oz cold water= get me through this time shake

dinner, while everyone else in the family eats: A bowl of a cup and a half of spinach leaves, one cup of cubed extra firm tofu sauteed in olive oil and marinated in balsamic vinegar, a loose handful of grape tomatoes, a pinch of shredded carrots, a pinch of cheese, a quarter cup of ranch dressing and a few pecans chopped on the top! = a livable dinner during the fast that equals no more than two cups of food total.

eat half, walk away, clean the bathroom or something, then eat the other half in twenty minutes.

IF YOU SURVIVED THE DAY (and all the protien will make it easy) then you can have ONE cup of (premeasured) tapioca!

woo!

i like rewards and i understand food rewards. i know its not perfect, but its been working for me and i dont feel like ive been starving. I still take my Multivitamins and supplements. I plan on eating a real meal tonight though, as well as a piece of birthday cake, cause i turn 39 today.

:)

I just had my 3rd fill this week and I can't eat much . I think I may be too restricted - I lost 4 lbs in 4 days, consuming about 500-600 cals a day and I'm becoming more familiar than I ever wanted with PBing and Sliming. I have 8 ccs in a 10 cc band. Is anyone else experiencing too much restriction? If so, is it the same as I'm describing? After my 1st and 2nd fills, restriction seemed to disipate a little in about 10 days... I'm trying to hold out until then to see if this is going to 'relax', but I'm not sure that's wise. Any advice?

I wouldn't wait it out the 10 days without checking in, if it were me. As Lizrbit said, I hope you don't need an unfill, but we're not the experts here...that's your doctor's call!

Like you, I've got the 10cc band, but I've only had one fill. After about 10 days it seemed as though the fill "wore off" if that's possible. So the same thing might happen for you now, but who knows!? (My 2nd fill will be May 17th, though I could use it NOW! I'm hungrier now than I was before the fill! :hungry: I plan to ask him to "unfill" the band to see if all 4cc are still in it or not. I assume it's just me adjusting to the fill, but I've heard that there's some permeability of the silicone membrane & I'm curious. :) )

What are you eating? For the 1st 48 hours, they had me on full liquids; the next 48 hours I was back to mushies. Maybe your meals are "too solid too soon"...? That's the only thing I can think...

And please, keep us posted!

:happybday:

Happy birthday to you, Lizrbit!

:happybday:

thank ya! :)

i got a new bike...and a cake (i have a thing for birthday cakes...its sorta semi serious)

lol..

Terry, wow, is that because you have good restriction now? I'm assuming so, what have you been eating then?

I thick the loss was restriction and the big thing I think is that after fill I was on liquid diet for two days then pureed for two days then soft for two days. So the restriction along with that diet did it. Now that I am on regular diet I have some restriction but now that the swelling has gone I am staying the same not losing or gaining so I am getting my third fill Thursday and will see how that works. I was eating creamed Soups that were pureed in my magic bullet and strained and CIB proteen shakes during liquid stage and cream soups pureed (homemade potato and bacon)during pureed stage. Soft foods are oatmeal, scambled eggs, mashed potatoes, ground beef.

Terry

dinner, while everyone else in the family eats: A bowl of a cup and a half of spinach leaves, one cup of cubed extra firm tofu sauteed in olive oil and marinated in balsamic vinegar, a loose handful of grape tomatoes, a pinch of shredded carrots, a pinch of cheese, a quarter cup of ranch dressing and a few pecans chopped on the top! = a livable dinner during the fast that equals no more than two cups of food total.

eat half, walk away, clean the bathroom or something, then eat the other half in twenty minutes.

Are you really able to eat 3/4 cup of raw spinach leaves at a time (plus the other stuff), or is the spinach part of what you sauté?

I adore a nice mixed greens-n-romaine salad with cucumbers, slaw-shredded carrots & broccoli, apples, raisins, slivered almonds or sunflower seeds, colby-jack cheese, (occasionally a hard boiled egg), and (Wishbone's Just2Good) ranch dressing. Yummmm! :hungry:

We used to start dinner every night with a 1-or-2 cup salad like that, depending on the size of meal to follow! But I haven’t had one since the Band. It seems like a waste of space in the pouch. Protein first! Plus, all that fibrous food…isn’t it hard to get a salad though the LapBand? :)

Apparently, I’ve become quite the timid eater since my banding! :o I haven’t tried soft breads at all, and “cheated” with some Kraft mac-n-cheese once (trying not to panic that it’d swell). I know it’s bound to happen, but I just don’t want to get anything stuck! I figure that if I let this “fear” sort of guide me away from the foods I shouldn’t be eating anyway, then what’s the harm?!? But I can’t help think that a salad would be problematic, too! And I’d love to eat that again as A) a healthy source of veggies, and B) something I liked “from before”...

:help: How’s everybody doing with the salad thing? :)