Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

i just had mine done tues uggggggg i cant even think about food im having hard enough time getting my Water down i hope this is from swelling i hope it gets better.

kntexas,

I promise you it gets much better. I was banded 2/15 and had absolutely no appetite for the first week. I truly had to force broth down a tablespoon at a time.

Now, 2 weeks post-op, most of the pain is gone (port site a little tender) and my appetite is back. My first fill is 4 weeks away so I am using this time to change my eating habits and my portion sizes. It's not easy, I feel I could go right back to my old way of eating.

But, the 10 pounds I have lost in 2 weeks and the looser waistbands are keeping me focused.

Hang in there and good luck with your new band.

thank you for letting me know its going to get better. i will be glad when all the gas pains are gone. as far as where they went in its a little sore but not to bad. i usally sleep on my side so that has been different trying to sleep on my back last night i slept in my recliner i slept alot better.

Hey all..

Ya my doctor knows what I am eating. I have two doctors and both of them were fine with it. Today I just had a salad and it didn't take very much and I started feeling very restricted. So I stopped in the middle of it. That was an hour ago and I am not interested in food at all at the moment. I agree some of my food choices aren't the best, but I was still in the stage of trying foods and seeing what works and so I did it. I am still losing so I would say it is working okay thus far. I am thinking of going on Weight Watchers in addition to the band so I can stay more on track of calories in. I don't think I am trying to 'work' the band. I am just doing what feels right for me.

:)

Hi all,

I was banded February 7, 2006. From my first visit with the doctor (before my 2 week liquid diet), i am down 22 pounds. I go March 8 for my first fill and I cannot wait!!!! I have problems feeling hungry and the pluresy from the gas used in surgery is my biggest problem...it hurts!

Other then that, I can not wait to loose my 100 pounds!!!

I was banded by Dr, Keilin and Dr, Heiker in texarkana, texas.

Hey Paula.

So cool to have you join. I am hesitant to get a fill because I am still losing. I know with the fill the head hunger doesn't go away and that is my biggest problem. So I am gonna try and go as long as I can without the fill to avoid the problems that come with the fill I have read on here. I get freaked out at the idea that things can get stuck, etc..

:)

When is everyone allowed to go to mushies? I need to wait two weeks. Just seeing what others have for a post op diet. Thanks

:faint: feeling ok, except tenderness abdominal muscles=had to wait in recovery room for 8 hrs, cuz no beds available-plus they wanted me in ICU to watch by breathing and DVT....Got home this afternoon and am in search of a comfortbale spot!!!

Hi all!!! I was banded on 2.14 and am sooooo hungry. I'm drinking tons of Water and eating Protein in small amounts during the day, but it seems like all I do is think of what I can eat next. Anybody else with this problem? I've been to the movies and shopping, but so far nothing helps my mind obsession.

Michele

I think today is going to be my worst day. What is it now.. technically my 2nd day post? surgery was Tuesday. ANywho.. I woke up feeling like a pack of wild monkeys was partying in my abdomen all night. The part up by my ribcage/diaphram where the ports located is hard and swollen and all my other places I didn't feel before are starting to protest. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better.. I'm having a few minor gas pains for the 1st time today too. It's v. uncomfy to breath deep at all and I lose my breath v. easily. Also, is it v. uncomfortable for y'all when your stomach starts growling? It almost hurts...

Tracy

I am having the same issues today. It hurts to take deep breaths and I get winded easily. Everyone says this will subside.

6 months from 1'st required appt to insurance approval.

Slim Fast Shake/protein bar diet started 2-1-07.

Banded 2-13-07 (10cc)/weight loss=total -11 pounds.

Worst pain days only last about 3-4 days.

Back to work 2-23-07.

Started mushies 2-27-07.

Appt with surgeon 3-1-07/weight loss=another -10 pounds.

First mandatory group support meeting 3-5-07.

Ok'd to start solids 3-13-07.

First fill scheduled 3-26-07.

Good luck to those pre-ops out there......YES, all the "suffering" is worth the outcome!

Luv2blab,

i was banded on the same day. im struggling with mushies but i cant complain, i love them. i have to be very careful i eat the right things. My brother and mom have come down for vacation and im finding it difficult to eat the right things. SO far so good, but do you know what i mean? im finding it difficult to get away to go walk or ride bikes anymore. Im trying, and will still try.

how are you doing? I hope well.

I am finding i have restriction when i eat eggs or fish. (the sort of solids im allowed). i will get a feeling in my chest which says "push the plate away" and i do, and sure enough in a few minutes of just letting it settle, im stuffed and done with dinner. Later, when i can drink a sip of fluids, i feel and hear the 'gurgling' but i kind of like that. It usually relieves the stuck or full feeling. i dont usually feel uncomfortable. i havent 'bp'd yet or even come close. i usually still will eat Soup or marinated tofu for dinner. I just recently started eating fish.

I did so well for excercising at first, i miss my rides and hope i can readd them soon.

write and let me know how you are doing?

Just wanted to give an update…. :update:

I have been banded 9 days. I have lost 13 pounds since the day of the surgery. I am currently eating mushies and have been for about 5 days. As of tomorrow I can add certain soft foods such as eggs and soft vegetables. I am still eating under 1000 calories a day. I am being very careful about what I am eating. I am keeping track of my intake of calories, carbs, fat and Protein. I have a little book that I am writing down everything I eat. I then record the results into a spread sheet. I have found a great web site for getting all the information…http://www.calorieking.com/foods.

For exercise I started with walking around my front living room and bar area. I was walking just 30 minutes a day, then went to walking 45 minutes a day. Today I went down to the <st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Fish</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Creek</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName>Linear</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Park</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>. I walked two miles in an hour. I am going to start going there in the mornings before I have to be at work. I am also going to walk on my lunch hour. I am having weird sharp pains under the biggest incision. The gas pain can still get pretty bad at times, too. Walking has helped with the gas pains a little.

I am going back to work on Monday. I cant wait to get back and see everyone.<o:p></o:p>

Good a.m.wb_sun.gif

Feeling slightly better today. This a.m. instead of flailing wildly for 10 minutes trying to get out of bed it only took me 9 minutes of flailing wildly. I'm starting to suspect some of my innards were stolen during surgery and sold on the black market.

My ci_cat.giffurkids ci_cat.gifseem to think that the big a$$ pillow I keep on my tummy is JUST for their entertainment and like to take a running leap from the ground and land... RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE... which of course results in my jerking up and screaming bloody murder, spazzing the cats out which causes them to AGAIN run across said pillow that I'm using for 'protection'. hmmmm I may have just figured out the whole pack of wild drunkcj_monkey.gif monkey cj_monkey.giffeeling from yesterday.....

My tummy is still swollen larger than a baboons a$$ in heat but not as pretty. I know it's only friday, but I'm like.. how on EARTH am I going to drive my truck to work on Monday. I may end up bartering with DHubbyxa_heart.gif to take me. I can't wait to get to work to show off my new Cave man posture and walk.

I also have this weird numb but itchy feeling on the surface of my tummy. Itching is a good sign I reckon but it's very surreal to be running my finger over the surface of my tummy and not really be able to feel it.

I am VERY happy to report that my auntie flow has packed her bags and left the buildingxl_thumbsup.gif. I asked Dr. Morton if he could just to ahead and remove my uterus while he was in there and he just looked at me like I was a goof ball. aj_confused.gif Oh well.. never no unless you ask.

OK.. having major gas painan_angry.gif.. must go kick something.

later

T

Hi Gang...

Just checking in ..... reading the forums daily really help me stay in tune that is for sure. I am feeling quite well.... no pain only some tenderness at the port site.....no bruising! kudos to the surgeons! Definately still some swelling at the site area as well....but up and moving quite well the last couple days....lots of walking ...and lots of catching up with "season 1 & 2" of "Lost".... addictive watching... back to work after this weekend. I had to miss my 1st followup apt yesterday due to ice storm and would have had to drive an hour out of town to it....rescheduled for next week though...

Hope all us Februaries at feeling fine...doing well....and on our new healthy path!

Cheers!