Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Howdy Sleevers! This is my 1st post as a lady with a surgery date on liquids... I'm on Day 5, and I am having a HARD time! I'm pretty sure I could be described as "hangry" (something another poster created as hungry+angry). Yesterday, we had skills competencies at work, and I'm lucky I got out with my dignity intact! I was SO hungry, shaky, dizzy, and FRUSTRATED that I wanted to punch innocent people in the throat. Like Godzilla terrorizing the city, I was lumbering through the delicate art of nursing, growling and sniping, while trying not to land in jail for accosting innocent bystanders who were drinking my beloved Dr Pepper. It has NOT gotten easier day by day for me. I know this is supposed to be a "lifestyle change" for us continuing after surgery, and I know it a mindset we are supposed to be learning. Therefore, am I a failure? Is this not something I can do?? IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT ARE HAVING GODZILLA-LIKE HANGRY ISSUES??? :wacko:

I'm pretty sure I could be described as "hangry" (something another poster created as hungry+angry)

I freaking LOVE that saying. That is hilarious; and you are totally normal. I felt the same way, bitter, angry, annoyed, I think I may have actually kicked a wall. I ran and hid upstairs whenever dinner was being made, I bawled while making my toddler a sandwhich, I sat on the kitchen floor one time and sobbed because my family made fajitas and they smelled so good I just wanted to go get my own apartment and have no food allowed in it!!!

After surgery it's SO much easier. I'm NOT hungry, food still does smell delicious, but I'm happy with my 1/4 cup of refried Beans and a dash of shredded cheese or mashed potatoes, etc. Once you get past the healing stage, the anger for me at least, seemed to melt away a bit and now I'm happy with my sleeve, love that I made this decision and most of all, my 2 weeks of pre-op pure liquid diet HELL were completely and TOTALLY worth it. Every tear, every child-like fit I threw...everything.

Good luck, try not to punch anybody and look forward to your surgery date :D

Oh!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for letting me know I'm "normal". I have already had 2 meltdowns today out of frustration at myself! Normally, I'm a very even-keeled person. I'm always smiling and friendly, but yesterday, if I thought I wouldn't have gone to jail, I would've rammed everyone with my car and then promptly driven to McDonald's (because they have the BEST Dr Pepper and all larges are only $1) and bought TWO Dr Peppers and just sat in the parking lot, double fist drinking them!

LOL!! I honestly thought there were times when I would need to have my husband tie me up in order to keep me from eating, but somehow, by the grace of God I found some sort of inner self that knew better and I didn't give in. You know what really helped the cravings was chicken broth. It hit that salty spot I needed!

Normally, I love chicken broth. But, the other day I was SO worn out over the whole liquids process that I would've cried if someone handed me chicken broth. I've prayed and prayed....

Omg this is what I needed I'm so sick of the liquids.. I did eat grits.

Why did I do that never again...... but I know I'm not the only one feeling like that

3 weeks post op tomorrow. Still on liquids only and I am so hangry that I have to just leave the room close my door and pray for sleep until everyone is finished eating. I hope tomorrow my dr puts me on some food, and absolutely nothing sweet. Yesterday I had a slice of avocado smooshed up and it totally satisfied me. Hangry best word ever

So..... I am glad to see this post.... I am having surgery on 6/25, started a pre op diet of: raw veggies (3 of my 4 other friends had never heard of being able to have this (????), strained cream Soups, broth, strained regular Soup, pudding, cream of wheat, oatmeal and these Protein Shakes. I am sooooooo frustrated today, yesterday and the day before ( started this on Tues), and have cried multiple times each and every frickin day. I have a husband and 8 yr old ( like I'm sure most have families)!, so I can't get away from the food smells and having to cook for my child! My husband works late, so it's left to me.... So, I am dying.... And am really wondering if I can do this.... It's only been 3 days and I am very angry and sad right now. I feel like I keep telling myself just what you said : " it'll be better after"..... But it's NOT HELPING me now and I'm literally just pissed. To top it off, I am a pro photographer and have a 8-9 hour wedding tomorrow ( what the HECK am I going to do there!???? I can't stop to eat a damn pudding cup!! I also have a stressful "day job" and have to work until the day before surgery, and my 8 year old's 9th birthday is Saturday. I'm drowning..... And it's really adding to me wanting to just give up......

And it's really adding to me wanting to just give up......

Did you make it through the weekend, Disco? I'm in pre-op Hell and I came here to commiserate! :(

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT ARE HAVING GODZILLA-LIKE HANGRY ISSUES??? :wacko:

I was snappy, irritable, and wanted to sue people during my 2 week preop liquid diet. :lol:

Thank God for chicken stock!

Did you make it through the weekend, Disco? I'm in pre-op Hell and I came here to commiserate! :(

Hey Melixxa! Yes, I made it and feel much better.... On day 4, I felt much better..... I had a BANGING headache on day 3, so I was so glad that the horrible,feeling abated.... I think my stomach shrunk and I have lost 10 pds in the past 7 days of pre op. so, I'm happy about that. Next up? Surgery tomorrow! Wish me luck!!!

So is this the official "wacko" thread? If so, I belong right here. Day 1 of pre-op and feeling like throwing a tantrum that resembles that of a 2-year old!

Next up? Surgery tomorrow!

Wow! And just like that, the big day will be here!!! I wish you a wildly successful surgery and a smooth recovery!

Day 1 of pre-op and feeling like throwing a tantrum that resembles that of a 2-year old!

LorrieAnn..... Trust me..... The first 3 days, I cried EVERY.DAY. I've been through the BIGGEST EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER over the past week. I was soooo damn "hangry" the first three days, but day four was so much better!!!! It will get better..... :)

Wow! And just like that, the big day will be here!!! I wish you a wildly successful surgery and a smooth recovery!

Melixxa, think you soooooo much!!! I am hoping it goes very smoothly!!! I'm anxious, but glad it's tomorrow!!