Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

keep having feelings of regrets

I was sleeved April 3 this year & keep having these feelings what did I do 2 myself ,y didn't I try harder & needing a nap everyday with low energy makes it worst plus count this do that my doc & nut made it seem so easy its not its very hard & a lot of work please keep me & my FAM in our prayers I know I did this 4 a good reason it just don't feel like it I'm tired of taking all these Vitamins giving myself B12 shots &feeling lonely everything change after this my friends,sex drive ,my attitude & most of all my body I keep having break outs & no 1 knows y

I am so sorry, and I certainly hope that your situation improves. Keep working with your team and try to remember that "When you are in Hell, the best thing to do is Keep Going!"

I am so sorry' date=' and I certainly hope that your situation improves. Keep working with your team and try to remember that "When you are in Hell, the best thing to do is Keep Going!"[/quote']

That's the only thing I can do now is keep going but its so hard I hope it gets better no1 ever talks about how hard it is or the problems they having like hair loss ,Vitamin def ,stress , sleepless nights ,low energy ect... the list goes on

I wanted 2 get the lap band but heard & read about all the complications & my doc said the sleeve is the right choice 4 me

I was sleeved in Feb. and had tons of problems and had to have a couple more procedures, but here I am 4 months out down 66lbs. My energy is returning so I am doing more in a day and falling asleep a lot easier. Trust me some time it gets harder before it gets better.

I was sleeved April 3 this year & keep having these feelings what did I do 2 myself ,y didn't I try harder & needing a nap everyday with low energy makes it worst plus count this do that my doc & nut made it seem so easy its not its very hard & a lot of work please keep me & my FAM in our prayers I know I did this 4 a good reason it just don't feel like it I'm tired of taking all these Vitamins giving myself B12 shots &feeling lonely everything change after this my friends,sex drive ,my attitude & most of all my body I keep having break outs & no 1 knows y

I hope this turns around for you. You have a gem of wisdom in your sorrow - you did this for good reasons. Your doc should not have made this seem easy, because it is not. I have to say, I don't think mine did much better, but the nurse did. I also spoke to someone had it, so I had a better understanding of what life would be like. Even still, I do think I was a little surprised at how bad I felt for the first 6 weeks. But now I'm 82 pounds lighter, and I look and feel so much better than I have in a long time. I think once you start feeling better physically, it will get better for you - however, only if you change your attitude. Don't mean to sound harsh, but it what it is, and you can choose to focus on the negative or the positive. Try to focus on the positive. Sometimes we have to "fake till we make it" when it comes to that. Best of luck to you. (PS - I hate taking vitamins, too. I feel like it's a full time job, lol. But you could get that B12 sublingual)

Thanks every 1 for our kind words I've tried the B12 sublingual u have q take them every other day & with everything u have 2 do with this surgery I think its just easier 2 just stick myself once a month

I hope this turns around for you. You have a gem of wisdom in your sorrow - you did this for good reasons. Your doc should not have made this seem easy' date=' because it is not. I have to say, I don't think mine did much better, but the nurse did. I also spoke to someone had it, so I had a better understanding of what life would be like. Even still, I do think I was a little surprised at how bad I felt for the first 6 weeks. But now I'm 82 pounds lighter, and I look and feel so much better than I have in a long time. I think once you start feeling better physically, it will get better for you - however, only if you change your attitude. Don't mean to sound harsh, but it what it is, and you can choose to focus on the negative or the positive. Try to focus on the positive. Sometimes we have to "fake till we make it" when it comes to that. Best of luck to you. (PS - I hate taking Vitamins, too. I feel like it's a full time job, lol. But you could get that B12 sublingual)[/quote']

I try 2 think about the good but sometimes I just have those days when I feel scared and overwhelmed thinking about what am I gonna do when I get older what if I become really picky with eating then & I loosing a lot of hair and getting in enough Protein

Thanks every 1 for our kind words I've tried the B12 sublingual u have q take them every other day & with everything u have 2 do with this surgery I think its just easier 2 just stick myself once a month

Really taking Vitamins only takes a minute or two out if your day, it doesn't have to be a big deal.

And the b12 sublingual? I was told to only take that once a week.

I can relate. I am nearly 13 weeks out...woke up regretting it & still do. I had trouble with sleep at first, but then, as I began exercising more I am back to sleeping like always. So, you may want to exercise more. I do have more energy now, so I don't sleep as hard or as long as I did before surgery. I don't mind the vitamins; I've taken Vitamins & supplements for years now since I first saw Dr. Oz on Oprah years ago. It may help to get one of those days of the week tray things & do them as soon as you get up in the morning. I haven't had the hair loss yet, but I know (and dread) it coming. I don't have a boyfriend, but I think my sex drive would be fine if I had a man! lol I haven't experienced in change in breakouts - maybe check with your nut or even a dermatologist to see what it is your body is needing to clear it up.

I don't get in the fluids or Protein, either. Eating and drinking are still uncomfortable for me. It has gotten better, but it is still a struggle. I worry about the getting older, too. It freaks me out that I willingly cut 18 years off my life with this surgery, but I did it. I have to be accountable. And maybe the 18 yrs I have read about & been told about is wrong! At least, that is my hope!

I truly get it. Don't let the sleeve cheerleaders who love their sleeve get you down with their comments or questions - because they don't get you & your situation....just take it day by day. It is getting easier for me to deal with this decision, maybe it will get easier for you, too.

Best of luck to you.

I worry about the getting older, too. It freaks me out that I willingly cut 18 years off my life with this surgery, but I did it. I have to be accountable. And maybe the 18 yrs I have read about & been told about is wrong! At least, that is my hope!

What?!? I've never heard or read this before. I've only read positive things about lifespan after the surgery because of the drop in obesity related diseases. Where did you get that information from?

I can relate. I am nearly 13 weeks out...woke up regretting it & still do. I had trouble with sleep at first, but then, as I began exercising more I am back to sleeping like always. So, you may want to exercise more. I do have more energy now, so I don't sleep as hard or as long as I did before surgery. I don't mind the vitamins; I've taken Vitamins & supplements for years now since I first saw Dr. Oz on Oprah years ago. It may help to get one of those days of the week tray things & do them as soon as you get up in the morning. I haven't had the hair loss yet, but I know (and dread) it coming. I don't have a boyfriend, but I think my sex drive would be fine if I had a man! lol I haven't experienced in change in breakouts - maybe check with your nut or even a dermatologist to see what it is your body is needing to clear it up.

I don't get in the fluids or Protein, either. Eating and drinking are still uncomfortable for me. It has gotten better, but it is still a struggle. I worry about the getting older, too. It freaks me out that I willingly cut 18 years off my life with this surgery, but I did it. I have to be accountable. And maybe the 18 yrs I have read about & been told about is wrong! At least, that is my hope!

I truly get it. Don't let the sleeve cheerleaders who love their sleeve get you down with their comments or questions - because they don't get you & your situation....just take it day by day. It is getting easier for me to deal with this decision, maybe it will get easier for you, too.

Best of luck to you.

You think you cut 18 years off your life by HAVING the surgery?

I've never heard or read that.

Where is that info from?

It freaks me out that I willingly cut 18 years off my life with this surgery' date=' but I did it. I have to be accountable. And maybe the 18 yrs I have read about & been told about is wrong! At least, that is my hope!

Don't let the sleeve cheerleaders who love their sleeve get you down with their comments or questions .[/quote']

Ok enough is enough!! Already.

I am not a sleeve cheerleader, I would like to put that out there.

This is the HARDEST thing I have willingly EVER done to myself.

it's difficult I never thought it would be easy and I've never told anyone it would be easy.

And anyone that thought it was going to be easy was severely misinformed!

And I'm not sure where you read about 18 years being taken off of your life? But I would say that is WRONG! If anything? for most of us it will add 18 years.

I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time right now. It is still early in your recovery and in your new lifestyle. Hopefully you will adjust both physically and mentally to the new ways of living. I am still pre-op and am worried about regretting my decision too. I remind myself that any time a huge life adjustment happens there is always a period of painful transition. Inevitably once you get through the tough time life stabilizes and becomes good again.

Hang in there! And please, keep us posted about your progress over the next several weeks/months.

That's the only thing I can do now is keep going but its so hard I hope it gets better no1 ever talks about how hard it is or the problems they having like hair loss ,Vitamin def ,stress , sleepless nights ,low energy ect... the list goes on