Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HealthNet do they cover?

I am still trying to find a way to get the LapBand. I have a high BPM shouldn't be a problem but what about HealthNet? What Steps do I have to take?

1. Talk to Primary doc

2. Make a claim with my insurance?

How does this work??? Thanks sooo much for the tips!

Kitty:clap2:

Kitty, HealthNet generally is band-friendly, but you have to look are your specific contract to see if there is coverage for bariatric surgery. Then you have to see if you qualify medically. The place to start is usually with a physical at your primary care doctor's office, at which he or she will make a recommendation for bariatric surgery. Then you find a surgeon and take it from there. Even if you don't need a referral from your primary doc (that depends on your policy), you will need a report and full physical from that doctor so it's always a good place to start.

Good luck!!

I have HealthNet. They are the devil. I was on a 6 month diet, and went through all of their hoops and was denied. So I tried to file the appeal myself and basically their CSR's are about the rudest people in the world, I now have a lawyer who has taken care of the case for me and she said that HealthNet was the worse Insur. comp. she's had to deal with so far. Get used to be putting on hold and re-routed. If you do get denied PM me, I have a phone number of a woman who will give you your stuff out of the Headquarters in Shelton, CT don't ask me how I got it, I have my connections :girl_hug:

Good luck with HealthNet, but if you can save the aggrivation and self-pay.

I called my insurance, Healthnet, and they said it is a plan exclusion. They don't cover Lap Band at all. The guy even supposedly asked a suppervisor to make sure. Should I just take his word for it? What do I do next? Has anyone else had this problem? Should I change insurance?

~Kathy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches