Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know it's realy early for me to be thinking about exercise but I am. I know prior to surgery I use to love to go to Zumba class. I stopped over a year ago due to the hectic work and school schedule. But I have decided to put me first and do something I really enjoyed which was Zumba. I wanted to know if anyones goes or considering going as a part of the fitness regimine. I am not one to go to a gym or pay high fees because that would just be a waste of money for me. Zumba is something I will attend. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

I know it's realy early for me to be thinking about exercise but I am. I know prior to surgery I use to love to go to Zumba class. I stopped over a year ago due to the hectic work and school schedule. But I have decided to put me first and do something I really enjoyed which was Zumba. I wanted to know if anyones goes or considering going as a part of the fitness regimine. I am not one to go to a gym or pay high fees because that would just be a waste of money for me. Zumba is something I will attend. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

We all need to be getting active before surgery - at my first NUT appointment, she said start walking 10 minutes per day. The first few weeks were h*ll but now I'm up to 23 minutes.

If you think you can do Zumba, give it a shot - just be careful if you haven't done it in awhile. But definitely do something. :)

I would definitely give zumba a shot! I have a very close friend who is an instructor and she has been trying to get me to come for months. I think that once I recuperate some (just had surgery Wed) I will go. I think it's a great workout b/c you can move at your own pace. If you enjoy it--go for it!

I love Zumba!! I am 6 weeks out and still don't feel ready. I am afraid if busting something. i still get sore from over doing things at work and around house. I would like to know how long I should wait before trying to start back. I haven't been in a year either.

I started zumba 3 weeks ago. I love it and lost about 13 lbs in 3 weeks along with my pre op diet. I signed up at 24 hour fitness in frisco Texas. I only pay $24.99 a month for the gym membership and that includes all the classes you want to take including zumba. If the doc says you can do that, then go for it. It's the best workout and burns tons of calories in that one hour session.

Thanks for all of the great advice. Today was my first day being able to walk around the walking trail in the back of my home. My son walked with me to make sure I would be ok. I must admit that I got a little winded and I was tired by the time I reached the house but I felt good. So my son has agreed to walk with me every evening to help get my strength back up. I am going to take it slow and do what I can until I can make it to my first Zumba class. I go see my doctor next week and I will ask him when he thinks I will be able to start Zumba. I am really excited about starting.

I started zumba 3 weeks ago. I love it and lost about 13 lbs in 3 weeks along with my pre op diet. I signed up at 24 hour fitness in frisco Texas. I only pay $24.99 a month for the gym membership and that includes all the classes you want to take including zumba. If the doc says you can do that, then go for it. It's the best workout and burns tons of calories in that one hour session.

Thanks for telling me about 24 hour fitness. I live close to Mesquite and I know they a 24 hr fitness. I might need to check and see what they have to offer. Keep me posted on how you are doing.

We all need to be getting active before surgery - at my first NUT appointment, she said start walking 10 minutes per day. The first few weeks were h*ll but now I'm up to 23 minutes.

If you think you can do Zumba, give it a shot - just be careful if you haven't done it in awhile. But definitely do something. :)

i just started walking today so at least I am on a roll to doing something. My son is going to start walking with me every evening at the walking trail behind our home. I didn't get to time myself but I think it took us maybe 20 mins to walk the trail. Not bad for my first day.

i just started walking today so at least I am on a roll to doing something. My son is going to start walking with me every evening at the walking trail behind our home. I didn't get to time myself but I think it took us maybe 20 mins to walk the trail. Not bad for my first day.

Fantastic - keep up the good work!

Thanks for telling me about 24 hour fitness. I live close to Mesquite and I know they a 24 hr fitness. I might need to check and see what they have to offer. Keep me posted on how you are doing.

I'm in Forney and go to the 24Hour Fitness there on Emporium on weekends - howdy neighbor!