Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Minipearl: Congrats - I hope it is - Bandland is great -

well.....OK I cheated :faint: - my band must be open all the way :girl_hug: - I started out tight and thought "CREAMIES HERE I COME" I started out with my slimfast - then I drunk some Water - I went to my dr appt and afterwards I was starving - I came home to get me some creamy Soup. But before I knew it I had "tasted" a whole brownie, a homemade crescent pizza roll, 15 green olives, another brownie, and then 1/2 a bowl of cream of chicken soup. After all that I drunk a bottle of water - I thought I was going to be able to beat the cravings - funny thing is.......I made sure I chewed everything until it was like a paste in my mouth and I haven't had any problems - Am I going to need an appetite suppresant? My doctor asked me how I was doing - at that time it was good - but tonight I have been bad - there goes 4 of those 14 lbs I lost.:cry :cry :cry

Minipearl: Congrats - I hope it is - Bandland is great -

well.....OK I cheated :faint: - my band must be open all the way :girl_hug: - I started out tight and thought "CREAMIES HERE I COME" I started out with my slimfast - then I drunk some Water - I went to my dr appt and afterwards I was starving - I came home to get me some creamy Soup. But before I knew it I had "tasted" a whole brownie, a homemade crescent pizza roll, 15 green olives, another brownie, and then 1/2 a bowl of cream of chicken soup. After all that I drunk a bottle of water - I thought I was going to be able to beat the cravings - funny thing is.......I made sure I chewed everything until it was like a paste in my mouth and I haven't had any problems - Am I going to need an appetite suppresant? My doctor asked me how I was doing - at that time it was good - but tonight I have been bad - there goes 4 of those 14 lbs I lost.:cry :cry :cry

I am soooooo glad I was not the only person who "just could not do it".

I got surgery and I have been eating, just making sure I chew chew chew chew chew; well most of the time, I screwed up last night and I already shared the episode.

I am hoping that once we get fills, we can resist.

This has to be normal - maybe we are just brave enough to post it. I plan to be good tomorrow. I hope I can do it - I have 3 weeks before a fill - I may call the office and tell them - but I didn't get this band to have to still pop pills - I may use all my OTC appetite suppresants that I have to get rid of them - maybe they will work since I have a smaller pouch. I have these pills called Accelis that you are suppose to take at night and they are suppose to help burn fat while you sleep. We'll see!!!:notagree :notagree

I am soooooo glad I was not the only person who "just could not do it".

I got surgery and I have been eating, just making sure I chew chew chew chew chew; well most of the time, I screwed up last night and I already shared the episode.

I am hoping that once we get fills, we can resist.

Bikergirl,

They call it Bandster Hell for a reason... before your first (or second, or third for that matter) fill, most people don't feel restriction.

I lost 10 lbs right away and then gained back 4 before my first fill, which kind of sucked. I didn't do that great on any of the diet stages except for the first week of liquids. Keep trying to do the best that you can though. My fill doctor told me I could stretch my pouch in as little as two weeks.

The first six weeks are about healing. Remember that and don't focus on the weight loss just yet. Also, remember if you are losing an average of a pound a week then that is being a successful bandster so right now you right on track (especially being a lower BMI bandster).

There are a lot of bandster rules and I used my first six weeks to really practice some of those rules. I ate until I was full and didn't worry about dieting but I did practice those rules. I learned to eat more slowly, chew better and take smaller bites. After my first fill I quit drinking while eating and that has really made a big difference for me. And it is very hard for me to not drink while eating.

Remember, tomorrow is a brand new day and you CAN make it!

Hi!!!

I was told to stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime and drink Water during that time to make sure your pouch is cleaned out before you lay down.This happened to me with coffee the other night too.It's weird that this has never happened the whole year I've been banded.Anyways I started myself on Prevacid once a day for a week.I've read too many people post about losing thier band after having episodes of acid reflux.:paranoid

Hey Lisa! So, do you think we should not eat before we go to sleep? How long before? Sounds scarey!!!:faint:

Today is a new day - and I will follow my banding rules - I plan to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible - I have my Soup on the counter that I will eat - my Water and slim fast are in the fridge. I will be ok today - I have 3 1/2 days before we leave for camping (leaving Monday @ 1pm).

I think it flowed right thru because I chewed it very well and I was drinking while eating.

Supergenius818 thanks for the information and the words of encouragement.

:clap2: :) ONEDERLAND!!!!!!! As of this morning.

Way to go Toqu!

I am back down to where I was right after the liquid diet. I gained about 4 lbs after I went on regular food and never changed my ticker. Now I am back down to what my ticker says, woo hoo!

Thanks. LOL, I do that too...wait until my weight passes my ticker again before I change it.

I have been very good today (could have had more Water by now), however; I will get it in...I had a slimfast, sugar free popsicle, and a can of cream of mushroom Soup. I am very full now - Think I'll take a nap before the kids get home from school.

I'm back to posting to try to get back on track. I started with a BMI of 32, and was self pay. I did it because I have serious orthopaedic problems that would be somewhat resolved if I lost the weight and kept it off.

I lost 28 polunds and now am stuck and need to get back on track.

Supergenius818 Ive been using the sparkpeople.com to keep track of my calories - this is pretty neat. I'm doing good in all areas. I'm still shy on some Water, so I'm going to try to focus on that now. Glad I'm back on track.

Bikergirl,

That's great! I know it really helps me to keep track and sparkpeople has all kinds of cool graphs. I can definitely see the drop in calories after my fill, which has been encouraging.

Glad you are back on track!

I just cant seems to get this thing right.....I started out good=40lbs lost... but now nothing but up down up down 5-7 lbs! HELP!:faint: