Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hi Babygotback,

I'm new to the group and am scheduled to be banded on 02/02/07. I noticed in one of your postings you mentioned you had clam chowder creamy enough to drink through a straw. Can you share which brand that was? I love clam chowder and that would probably work to curve my hunger (that I am anticipating). Thanks...Dori

It was Campbelss Select Clam Chowder in the little red mircrowavable bowl. I should have had only half of it though!!!

I am doing great today!

I am now scared to eat over a cup and still am taking my time eating the liquid, putting the spoon down. I am glad you can learn from my mistake. I am glad I learned before graduating to solids in 11 days!

I had a little coffee in the morning. lunch was pureed homemade Beans with a lot of juice, only 1 cup and I felt full. Funny to get full on a cup of bean Water with a few pureed beans in it!!!

I followed the bandster rules of not drinking 1 hour before/after or during my bean water and I felt good. I am now drinking some crystal light, little sips. I was guzzling it yesterday! How did I forget about my band? I had temporary amnesia!!!

I have a can of V8 for the trip to go pick up my daughters from school, again I will take small sips as I am counting it as a meal.

Welcome New Bandsters and Bandsters to be!!!

How are we all today???

I think I am brain dead right now due to lack of calories!!:D

What do you mean?:)

I sit and talk on the phone all day - I will sometimes drink a Campbell's Soup at Hand - It's the one that is in the stand up can that you microwave and drink. You don't need a spoon...you drink it. I really like the creamy chicken one - It's quick and at this time it holds me over until I can get to lunch. I'm hoping it starts to be my lunch.:hungry:

Everytime I talk to you guys,I want to call my band "she". It is so funny! I decided to call her Bandy!!!!!

I love my Bandy!!!

She has really kept me in line and I already feel like I owe her a name. Is that funny?:biggrin1:

I just wanted to tell you about these liquid vitamins I get from Sams Club. If you do a search you can find them online too, better than chewable Flinstones.< /p>

INGREDIENT DESCRIPTIONS:

One 32 oz. bottle of
great-tasting
Glacial Milk
<SUP>®</SUP>
Complete Nutrition is a convenient month's supply of
over 130
highly synergistic nutrients for less than a dollar a day - probably less than most people spend on that cup of coffee or soda they drink
every day
!

Aloe Vera Gel:
51% base of pure, whole leaf, cold processed Aloe Vera Gel, renowned for its excellent healing properties.

77 Plant Source Ionic Major and Trace Minerals:
Y
our body most efficiently absorbs minerals in plant source ionic form. Elemental minerals in pill form are essentially rocks, and your body was not designed to absorb rocks. Besides, most pill supplements usually contain only 11 or 12 minerals, not the 77 plant-source ionic minerals that are in
Glacial Milk
<SUP>®</SUP>
Complete Nutrition.

10 Fortified Minerals

16 Vitamins & Nutrients

22 Amino Acids

3 Essential Fatty Acids

Large Daily Amounts of Special Antioxidants:
Glacial Milk
<SUP>®</SUP>
Complete Nutrition also includes a large daily
maintenance amount
of some of the most powerful free radical fighting antioxidants currently known to man:

• E
    ster C
    <SUP>
    ®
    </SUP>
    (500mg/oz) -
    Vitamin C is a key antioxidant, providing the body’s main defense against free radicals which are produced continually within our bodies. Vitamin C scavenges free radicals and cleans up waste products. Ester-C
    <SUP>®</SUP>
    is a unique form of Vitamin C because the body absorbs it more quickly and retains it much longer than any other form of Vitamin C. Ester-C
    <SUP>®</SUP>
    's patented manufacturing process neutralizes the pH, making Ester-C
    <SUP>®</SUP>
    gentle on the digestive system.

• Grape Seed Extract (60mg/oz)
    is a natural super-antioxidant 50 times more powerful than Vitamin E and 20 times more powerful than Vitamin C. It combats free radical by-products from the toxins in the food, air, Water and metabolic processes that cause oxidation damage to our body's cells and tissues.

• Una de Gato (600mg/oz)
    is also known as "Cat's Claw" and has been used for generations by the Ashanica Indians in the Peruvian rain forest and is effective in balancing hormone levels, supporting the immune system, and cleansing the digestive tract.

• Alpha Lipoic Acid (50mg/oz)
    may be the most important antioxidant ever discovered because it supports the effectiveness of many other antioxidants in the body.

• Lutein (5mg/oz)
    is a carotenoid found in vegetables and fruits. It is not made in the body but must be obtained from food or supplements. Recent evidence has found that lutein may play an important role in protecting our eyes and eyesight.

• CoEnzyme Q-10 (3mg/oz)
    is involved in generating 95 percent of the energy needs of your body through the production of ATP, the basic energy molecule. CoEnzyme Q10 acts as an antioxidant, similar to vitamin E, and has become very popular with those studying anti-aging and the prevention and treatment of heart disease.

• 51% base of pure, whole leaf, cold processed
    Aloe Vera Gel (14,458mg/oz) -
    Aloe Vera Gel is renowned for its excellent healing properties and supports the self-cleansing action of your body for a healthy digestive system and a healthy energy level. The aloe leaf contains over 75 nutrients and 200 active compounds, including many essential enzymes, 20 minerals, 18 amino acids, and 12 vitamins.

Hola, everyone I am back from band land down south. Only five days out and I'm finally HUNGRY! I was just checking in to see what everyone else is eating and feeling bad that I am such a loser I can't take the short time to the next stage since most of you have been on liquids for double what I was told to do.

Also thought you guys would be amused that 24hrs after surgery they (the Dr and crew) encouraged us to walk at the local mall, for some exercise and said we were "aloud" to have a milk shake if we wanted to! I thought this was strange after reading so much on the boards about strict Clear Liquids only for weeks after. I know that we are to be on liquids to let the stomach heal but I'm now wondering how just as pre op diets varied that the post diet could be so different. Thankfully I really didn't want anything the first couple days after being banded and had to force myself to even drink h2O.

Anyone else had such leanant POST op diet restrictions? Am I missing something that makes a milk shake a clear liquid??

Hope to be jumping in here now that I am on the "Band"wagon.

Sara

I sit and talk on the phone all day - I will sometimes drink a Campbell's Soup at Hand - It's the one that is in the stand up can that you microwave and drink. You don't need a spoon...you drink it. I really like the creamy chicken one - It's quick and at this time it holds me over until I can get to lunch. I'm hoping it starts to be my lunch.:hungry:

WOW, I didn't even know they had something like that. As long as it can go through a straw, we can have it! If it is the creamy one, you can!!:)

Hola, everyone I am back from band land down south. Only five days out and I'm finally HUNGRY! I was just checking in to see what everyone else is eating and feeling bad that I am such a loser I can't take the short time to the next stage since most of you have been on liquids for double what I was told to do.

Also thought you guys would be amused that 24hrs after surgery they (the Dr and crew) encouraged us to walk at the local mall, for some exercise and said we were "aloud" to have a milk shake if we wanted to! I thought this was strange after reading so much on the boards about strict clear liquids only for weeks after. I know that we are to be on liquids to let the stomach heal but I'm now wondering how just as pre op diets varied that the post diet could be so different. Thankfully I really didn't want anything the first couple days after being banded and had to force myself to even drink h2O.

Anyone else had such leanant POST op diet restrictions? Am I missing something that makes a milk shake a clear liquid??

Hope to be jumping in here now that I am on the "Band"wagon.

Sara

Hi Sara!!! I am glad to hear you are doing so well!!! I am post op day 11 and feeling great!

It is so funny how all the doctors are so different, especailly post op. I was told to have liquids for 3 weeks so the stomach could heal, avoiding the stomach churning when digesting chucnks.

:welcome2:

I liked the velvety potato Campbells Soup In Hand. It was/is really good. I didn't like the creamy chicken one myself. They are really convenient too. Just pull the top and zap in microwave.

I am glad you are doing better today Audree.

Audree, I call my band, Bandina. She is my new best friend. She is helping me get this weight off and is going to help me keep it off. I love her.

lol

Hi all!

I haven't been on for a while as things have been kind of crazy weatherwise around here and my hubby bought me a computer game.

I was home sick on Wednesday,Thursday we had a snow day (I'm a teacher), Friday I worked but my son was home sick. Monday was a holiday and today is another snowday! Nuts. And, it is supposed to freeze up again tonight and it will probably be another snowday tomorrow.

The hardest part about being home is keeping myself from eating every few minutes. So, I've been playing the puzzle game my hubby got me to try and stay out of the kitchen. HAve to FIGHT that head hunger.

Audree, sorry about your rough night last night. Just goes to show, even Water and other liquids can be filling.

I started out at a BMI of 35 by the time I had surgery I was at a BMI of 31... I had surgery on Sept 6th 2006 and im now at a BMI of 28.3 and I have lost about 35 lbs. I had to fight every lb lost! I have about 30 lbs to go to my goal. Best of luck to you!

Audree, I call my band, Bandina. She is my new best friend. She is helping me get this weight off and is going to help me keep it off. I love her.

lol

I AM SOOOOOO relieved that I am not the only one!!! I thought you guys were going to think I was nuts:faint: My Bandy is my new best friend too!!! :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh